3 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2976 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 8:46 PM Last edited by Freefalldreams : 11th Mar 2018 at 1:01 AM.
Sunbee, it sounds like we're in the same weather system. I just finished shovelling the front steps, path, and porch, took a nap, and now it's snowing again! Not that I really mind, because a snowy spring break means a chance for simming!

~

Tessa Ramirez woke to find herself the only human in the house. She had not even a moment of merciful forgetfulness of the events of the night before -- she knew. Mama was dead, who knew if the baby would live, and Papa...well he must be off dealing with things. At the hospital with the baby, maybe. He couldn't have gone to work, could he? Tessa herself was aimless without school or company, and spent most of the morning on the swings next to Estella's grave. (At least the ever-burning tree had gone out!) Checo had left food out for her, and Esmeralda helpfully finished up the fruit and yoghurt she didn't feel like putting or throwing away -- and then threw up because it was already soured.

Tessa would normally have called Jill Barrett and taken advantage of having the freedom of the house, but given how her beloved had skedaddled when crisis hit, she wasn't exactly ready to invite her over again. She fed the cats, cleaned, and decided that a family with a little boy should have a puppy. She adopted a brown female puppy she named Ermine, for reasons having to do with wanting a fancy name and not having a clear idea of what ermine actually looks like. She snuggled the puppy, wondering when Checo was coming home... Then I got a taste of that amazing mood swing mod in action; Tessa temporarily shifted to Popularity from loneliness, and wanted people at the house! Interestingly, she also wanted to befriend Father Laurence Stratford, and was bewildered at not being able to find him for quite a while. Eventually, after it got dark, she tracked him down and invited him over, then proceeded to throw a party in the back yard. What else was there to do? Jill was invited, and some townies, and she was curious about Nervous Subject and invited him too, and he brought the Beakers. Tessa got the feeling that Loki's whispered remarks to Circe were jokes at her expense, but Laurence was the person she wanted to talk to anyway. She was not interested in his replacement, and told him that he'd better be the one handling Mama's funeral. He was still trying to explain why he couldn't when Dorian Kauker let himself into the yard, accidentally letting in Baron, Leader of the Pack as well.

The rest of the party was a confused blur. How could it be otherwise, with what he was telling her? "Found by a road crew in Strangetown...appears he was dead for hours at least...foul play seems obvious..."

"What do you mean, foul play?" Jill's voice cut through a little of the blur, and Tessa realized that it was Jill who had an arm around her.

He said something about marks of torture, about the imprints of fangs on her father's neck. "Miss Ramirez, I don't want to be insensitive, but with what has been going on...do you know if your father had any debts? Business troubles?"

Tessa couldn't understand what he was implying. Jill made some scoffing remark about bodies being found out in the desert a lot, and the Beakers collected Nervous and discreetly made their retreat as Baron savaged a rabbit. The moment they were away from the house, they were arguing about whose idea it had been to turn the injured Checo loose, and who had bitten him in addition to the stabbing. Nervous decided not to mention that Checo had already had fang punctures when he arrived at the castle.

Needless to say, the mood swing continued, with a switch to Knowledge and quite understandable desires to become a zombie and werewolf and to make zombies. Oh, and she can now rummage in trash cans, for the moment...

((Because of Checo having been victimized by the zombies at the Beaker place (and losing a lot of blood in that incident) and then having been revealed to have been fed off of earlier in the day by Florence Delarosa, I could see little choice but to kill him off as I had Lisa. Tessa did get a chance to plead, but lost. I now have no idea what is going to happen to her; while she is a teen and owns the shop now, she seems far too young and immature to care for herself, let alone a baby brother. The orphanage won't really work out, because she's not going to want to give up the pets, and I can't see an acceptable foster family that would take her, two cats, a puppy, and a parrot either. She also has no friends except Jill, and Camp Grunt may or may not be an option at all... Given just how badly the Newsons have fared, a young teenager on her own is more than a little discomforting!))

~

Guy Wrightley was willing to take any lodging he could afford in Bluewater, and a room in an old lady's house seemed a good first stop. Denise Jacquet welcomed him to her house, pointing him to the room that had been her son's. Guy soon had to go to work -- actual diving in the actual ocean! -- and Denise invited over Buzz Grunt...and sure, of course Jill Barrett could come! The girl had been lovely on the vacation they'd been on together.

Let it be said that Denise envisioned the Love Tub by her front porch to be for personal use. She was happy when Buzz got in, and went inside to use the bathroom before putting her own swimsuit on. Jill also hopped in with him, and with the street looking quite deserted...well, they messed up royally. Not only did Denise spot them in the throes of WooHoo when she came back out on the porch, three townie walkbys also saw it...and noted it by thought bubbles about the participants. There may be some serious trouble about Buzz's relationship with his ward...

Or not. As Denise spewed invective and slaps at Buzz, the townies walked off with clear expressions of not-my-problem. Buzz is still a powerful man, after all... Buzz took the slaps, but laughed at Denise when she threatened to call the police and social services on him. "I doubt you have any credibility, ma'am," he said. He didn't want to hurt her, but really, with what her son had done to two women and with her own career in petty crime...yes, he knew about all of that, and told her so.

Denise kicked them both out, went off to cry, tried to call Florence to ask to see her grandson and was rebuffed, and spent the evening throwing a party at which she comforted herself by telling the dragon legend repeatedly to awed audiences of anyone she get to attend. Guy wandered in during the party and was suitably impressed.

~

With the Burbs the only occupants at the moment, the rowhouse triplex Downtown might as well be called the Burb Rowhouses. John and Jennifer found it very depressing to be the only inhabitants, especially with random furniture too big or not valuable enough to move littering the other units when they went snooping around -- that is, looking for Topsy and Tabby! Herb Oldie had been troublesome and a gossip, but they even missed him a bit, and they certainly missed the Montys -- and then, of course, there was Lucy! Jennifer repeatedly suggested they move to Veronaville as well, while John was ready to move to Pleasantview if it wasn't for him being in the police academy. Jennifer grumbled as he hurried out, leaving her to try to teach Luther about walking and going potty. Although really, he wasn't that much trouble...

John was the one grumbling when he got home and found that nobody cared about his day; Jennifer had invited over Malcolm Landgraab and was trying to get him to give her some logical explanation for the chaos she'd seen the night before at Club Dante. Malcolm wanted to talk about anything but that, and so Jennifer had invited over Jason Larson as well. They were all eating ice cream, Luther was playing on the floor, and John went up to the living room to fall asleep in his chair...until Jennifer turned on the radio to get some dancing in before bed.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2977 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:47 AM
Stark/My Simself: Lauren, moved into her own place. She promptly got a job in the criminal career. Her LTW is to become the Criminal Mastermind. (So not characteristic of me) Nothing else really happened. Her last name will be changing to Rogers once she marries her boyfriend.

Terrano: Stella also moved into her own place. She decided to adopt a cat. It's name is Roux. Nothing particular interesting happened with her either.

Loner: I was an evil Simmer and ruined their lives. Most of my couples have perfect relationships so I wanted to change things up. Bella had become pregnant on the last day of the previous rotation. Bella and Ajay began arguing while their twin daughters were at school and they both had the day off work. That brought their relationship down a decent amount. Later that day, the headmaster was over. After growing impatient that the Headmaster wasn't into their Schmoozing, Bella decided to flirt with him to bribe the man to let her daughters into his school. Ajay didn't react well to it and considered it cheating. It seemed to work since the twins were accepted into private school. Over the next couple days, Ajay debated over if he should attempt to fix his marriage or break up with her, especially considering their baby was due soon. Realizing she had been calling the Headmaster, he broke up with her. Bella moved out, taking her newborn daughter with her.

To be honest, I was just experimenting if flirting with the Headmaster would work.

I'm currently debating if I should add Pleasantview as a a subhood. I know Strangetown Bella isn't actually Bella and wouldn't have her family tree or anything, but I love reuniting her and Mortimer. I honestly might just delete this current hood and start a megahood. I get bored of hoods too easily.
Scholar
#2978 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
That's...a little too realistic for comfort. Ginger needs to tear him a new one about shirking.

I wish they could actually do that! But Ginger wisely went to bed early and left him to handle the night shift.
Scholar
#2979 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:40 AM
I got my game working! I decided to play with my selfsim's family in Pleasantview for a bit.

...Oh, oh jesus.

ANYWAYS, my selfsim is STILL angry at her dead brother for their fight. Or maybe him dying. Despite this, she went into his room to clean up the ashes of the mess that happened when he tried to repair a computer. I'm really not anticipating what his ghost will do. I also played with the Brooklands, but they basically just went shopping.

I'm feeling a bit disconnected with the hood and might start something in Strangetown soon.
Inventor
#2980 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:38 AM
I thought of recreating some horror game characters as sims and playing them, but I'm not in a building mood. I suppose I can just plop them down into a unplayed neighborhood I created, although it would feel strange coming from an airship to a mountain village. An apocalyptic or steampunk neighborhood would probably feel more at home, however. Hmm...

In another news, I'm somewhat miffed that my brother deleted some of my For Sorting screenshots and I wasn't able to retrieve them all. Game-wise, I'm wondering if I should just lump the asylum with the post-apocalyptic neighborhood since they don't fit in anywhere else, though I've decided to put a city hood into play that might work as well. My corrupted hood has a toddler who has turned into a dog.
Theorist
#2981 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:37 AM
Another rotation done in my Beginning of Pleasantview Hood. Many things happened; Bob Snr. and Mags Newbie passed on, their daughter, Joy, married Andrew Oldie (turning Ms. Newbie into Mrs. Oldie) And as always there was one babbeh after the other (among them Don Lothario, John Burb and Jennifer Pleasant)

It's really kind of a chore how long a rotation takes now, but I'm hanging in there!

A while ago I posted photos of the newly wed Bob and Betty Newbie, Jeff and Diane Pleasant and Herb and Coral Oldie. By now their first born children are...well...children!:

Also Darren Dreamer and Darleen Matlapin are nearing the end of their teenager phase, and are very much in luv. Though it was a bit of a struggle to get them together...Darleen rejected his suggestion of going steady twice!

Ruby-Ann Broke, meanwhile is a teenager and on her way to become Ruby-Ann Hatfield from Sims 1, Bella just got pregnant with Cassandra, Marion Landgraab is pregnant with Malcolm IV and Veronica "Mama" Hick (Betty's sister) is raising her son Elden after Tony Hick died in a motorcycle crash. Also my two first CAS sims in this neighbourhood; Jack and Lottie (nee Schuster) Wolff have now both passed on, they leave behind two sons, Ulysses and Plato, and three grandchildren, Virgil, Fuchsia and Titus(if anybody gets that reference without googling, I'm going to mail them a home made lemon cake)

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#2982 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Jack and Lottie (nee Schuster) Wolff have now both passed on, they leave behind two sons, Ulysses and Plato, and three grandchildren, Virgil, Fuchsia and Titus(if anybody gets that reference without googling, I'm going to mail them a home made lemon cake)

Why on earth would you want to name those poor kids after characters in the Gormanghast trilogy?

I am too tired to sim.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2983 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:31 AM
The Jankowskys and Gilberts in Fargo are all working hard to save up for buying their first houses and moving on from apartment living ASAP and Jamie Bell is hoping a single guy she can be friends with will move in soon.
I've also been setting up a BACC in Dodge using the Strangetown template as an empty map.I also have to rewrite somebody's rules as they made a few mistakes with the rules.
Lab Assistant
#2984 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 3:21 PM
So I started a megahood with Riverblossom Hills, Pleasantview, Veronaville, Strangetown and Bluewater Village, as well as the universities. I'm only adding certain premade university households to the rotation. I've taken out my faster aging mod and switched from the 36 hour semester mod to the 24 hour one. I'm playing all the premades from each hood as well as the bin Sims. The only households I'm not adding are the Kat and Kim households.

I'm about a 1/4 of the way through my first rotation, which has mainly consisted of making over Sims.
Scholar
#2985 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:25 PM
After being hit with a quad birth last rotation, Bella and Mortimer are now busy teaching their new toddlers their skills. Needless to say, it's utter chaos! But the bills are paid and Mortimer got a promotion last time he went to work, so they don't have to worry about that for now. Alexander is busy "doing his thing", whatever that is, he wouldn't tell me... but he's keeping up with his homework and trying to make new friends - Xander Roth came home with him on Tuesday! He's feeling rather pushed aside though; quads are hard work for their parents, and now that Cassie has left home he doesn't really have anyone to talk to. Maybe that will change when the little ones turn 4, but he's not holding his hopes up.

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Test Subject
#2986 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:18 PM
A woman met a man, both live happy with each other, they get married and they have a baby ("accident"), and the son grows happy, until he reaches teenhood and meets a good looking guy. He falls in love with him, they decide to go live together, and make a wedding party. My Sim's husband goes into the limo while my Sim misses it (he had to pee), so the husband has a honeymoon alone, while my Sim guy stays at home, sleeping. They decide to adopt a little girl, and they raise her (well, my Sim raises her, the husband just exists on the couch). When the girl reaches teenhood, the husband realizes he likes his best friend more, and cheats on my Sim. My Sim eventually find out about it, and breaks with him. The ex-husband leaves the house with his lover, while my Sim stays with his daughter, and harrasses the ex-husband on a daily basis.
I think I'm doing pretty well.
Mad Poster
#2987 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:56 PM
In Tinsel Town, everyone has met one another-there's only 10 of them to begin the town with..but they're already all pairing up to be couples. At this rate I'll be re-filling the houses within the next 10 years-even though I've got a self-imposed restriction on marriage, the pixels are eager to break it. (and ACR isn't helping..)
And of course, nobody wants to actively get the skills needed for the starting position in Show Business. They'd rather play chess or darts with each other. That Oscar is going to be sitting on a shelf quite a while I can see.
The neighborhood scenario is that of "Boy/girl go to Hollywood to become stars. Who is the next superstar to emerge?" None of them are very ambitious, except the fortune ones, and they're just looking at the paychecks. I don't even know if any of them have the aptitude for it. Hobbies, yes. Not competence.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#2988 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 11:11 PM
After some frustration involving lot zoning and mailboxes, SimCity Hospital has moved into a much more suitable building (a rezoned-as-residential version of the nicest ofPhanoh's apox medical buildings). I ditched most of the unlocked-reward medical stations in favour of the altered surgical station that allows operating on Sims -- I can't remember where it's from, and the animations are ugly, but it allowed Ajay Loner to have to do some work while also giving both Chloe Curious and Albany Capp suitably disfigured faces for the burns they had gotten. While Albany was too severely injured to know that he'd lost not only moustache but much of the nose above it, Chloe was distraught by her own swollen and discoloured features and the way the burns on her body looked even worse as they healed.

"We can do more aesthetic work on your face once the swelling goes down," Ajay told her as she regarded her new face for the first time after awakening. "You're fortunate to have relatives able to provide skin grafts repeatedly. Especially your sister..."

That led Chloe to think that Lola would be visiting her, but Lola had in fact made her escape from the hospital as soon as she could. She couldn't be the one to tell Chloe...

Marla Biggs had a guest, unlike the other patients -- a guest who was more than a little disruptive. While Lakshmi Terrill had seemed composed enough even after the fire last rotation, she was clearly greatly distressed by at least some of the things that had happened since, and showed it by repeatedly prancing around the hospital with a lampshade on her head. Marla was amused, but wished Mag was willing to be with her instead.

Jodie Larson was worried about the Summerdream-Gossammer kids and invited them over, along with Mustard-Seed, who she wanted to teach to Speak. Bottom startled everyone with her huge wings, while Cobweb Mab appeared delighted by the place and was very inquisitive. Chester Gieke did come over, intending to tell Chloe what had happened the night before. He was stopped at the stairs by a child in a faerie costume, who stared at him and chanted, "Asleep, my love? What, dead, my dove?" A long pause, in which the child's eyes glittered and Chester fought the fear welling in his mind. Then she laughed and cried out, "Oh Paris, arise!"

"Cobweb!" Bottom Summerdream sounded shocked but not surprised as she hurried over to her younger sister. Winged attire seemed to be a fad in that family, Chester thought. "This is not your part to play, and we'll never get permission to see anything interesting if you keep pestering people." Then she turned from her sister to Chester and also stared disturbingly at him.

"I see that news has travelled fast," Chester said, thinking unhappily over Cobweb's words.

"Cobweb is not time's fool," Bottom said cryptically. "Given that she has been carrying on like that for hours..." Chester realized that she was staring at his chest. At his badge, in fact, which she pointed at as she said, "I hoped she had what is called an over-active imagination, but now I much fear some ill unlucky thing. I too have dreamed..." The wings on her back fluttered, somehow. "She is correct, then? Your Paris has joined his would-be bride, and Romeo too?"

At this point, Marla screamed from upstairs. Mustard-Seed rushed through the lobby, and Lakshmi ran out of a side corridor, only to stop and caper distractedly at the foot of the stairs. Upstairs, Chloe rose from her bed and took a few tentative steps -- and then hurried up to the third floor, where the maternity wing was. She was lurking at the end of the hallway as a baby girl was born -- a girl with, at least in Marla's eyes, a striking resemblance to her late father. Mercutia is not a proper Monty name, but she is, after all, Mercutia Biggs. Marla felt that all she had been through had been worth it for this, and was determined to make sure her daughter wasn't caught in the drama Mercutio had tried to escape and had been killed by anyway.

Chloe was Mercutia's first visitor, for Lakshmi was again dancing with a lampshade on her head. She expected to be asked to leave -- either for her hideous appearance or her place in the conflict -- but she wanted to be friends with Marla. She felt that they might as well be allies, as they had been betrayed so similarly... To her surprise, she felt less pain than she expected at seeing Marla cradling the baby. Marla nodded in response to her introduction and stated pointedly that she was not a Monty. Chloe said that she thought that was safer for everyone. She got to have her baby, she found herself thinking, but I've still got Paris. Whatever was going on with him and Juliette Capp, she is dead, poor girl. Maybe we've got a chance...

Right on wrong cue, Lakshmi walked in, carrying the lampshade and a laptop. "I brought the computer you wanted, m'lady," she said. "GilsCarbo dropped it off, along with instructions that you are to appear at the funerals, and preferably be able to stand at least some of the time. Mrs Monty's orders."

"Why couldn't she come give them herself?" Marla grumbled. "And see her great-granddaughter into the bargain? Also, funerals? Hasn't Patrizio been buried yet?"

"Didn't I tell you?" Lakshmi put the lampshade back on her head. "Romeo Monty was so upset that he hunted down Tybalt Capp, broke into the Capp estate, tried to kill Tybalt and suicide by cop, messed up both jobs, and at least managed to off himself. After that mad Capp who the fight was over at the wedding made herself a cop killer trying to kill Romeo too."

Chloe had been trying to make sense of the muffled rambling, until the last words. "Who?" she almost shouted. Not someone I know, not someone I care about, she thought. Oh Watcher, not...no, someone would have told me. Ajay couldn't have been talking about cadaver grafts from Lola, could he? We're twins, I would have known.

Lakshmi was capering around again, utterly useless. Chloe fled the room, to find herself standing in front of the windows to the nursery. Cobweb Mab was peering through at the one baby in there (Alberto Ramirez) and turned to look at Chloe as she approached. "Greetings, green lady," she said with a smile. "Do you seek your beloved?"
Scholar
#2989 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 12:48 AM
Well, update on earlier's post: all four toddlers are walking and potty-trained. None are talking yet, but they're only what, 2 years old? Honoria is obsessed with the rabbit toy, and has already gained one charisma point. Since they've been walking and have full run of the house, Valeria and Nathaniel have superglued themselves to the activity table. As for Gregory? He's either playing on the xylophone or with the fitting toy, one of the two.
Alex has discovered he loves nature - a career in Natural Science later, maybe? He's almost a teen now, so there's plenty of time to decide. In the case of the parents, Bella has been promoted, and Mortimer moved up another level thanks to a chance card; the simoleans are rolling in!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Theorist
#2990 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Why on earth would you want to name those poor kids after characters in the Gormanghast trilogy?

Because I wanted to give Fuchsia the happy ending and non-creepy boyfriend she deserved. Poor thing.

Also I was reading the book when I named her, and was still "reading' it when I named he brother. And I'm technically still reading it, because the plot moves at the speed of ...something very, very, very slow.

Your cake is in the mail.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#2991 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM
I really wanna be able to say "This and that is happening in Pleasantview" but I can't because I'm still troubleshooting.

In a nutshell: What's going on in my game at the moment? Crashing.

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Lab Assistant
#2992 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:02 PM
I'm almost done with my first rotation of this megahood. I randomized all the households, but I think I'm changing the rotations to be by neighborhood. I figured that way my updates can be by hood and I don't have to deal with load screen times. I'm aware clearing out my downloads folder might reduce load times, but why would I possibly do that? I might need this hair (that i've never used despite insisting I needed it)
Scholar
#2993 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:19 PM
Although I want to do rotations, I’m really invested in this family, so I’m going to bring them through university and then start the rotation. It’s Pleasantview, but I may turn it into a megahood (but at the same time, rotations in that sound gross.) They just finished Freshman year, and my perfectionist playstyle basically means that they’re getting a lot of money from breathing and going to exams. It was probably cheating when I put them in a 5 person dorm, but, fortunately, I’m too far from caring. I want to introduce them, but one of them is my friend’s character so I’d feel weird about it. (Also, you can’t have introductions in my mind without photos and I’m not at the computer.)
Lab Assistant
#2994 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 10:11 AM
Just finished a day at the Delarosa-Lothario-O'Mackey household (Florence has kids with Don, but married Gabe O'Mackey) and I'm having a blast! The twins are up to their usual shenanigans, poking fun at their baby brother on his birthday. He was a terribly ugly duckling as a child, but fortunately grew into his face rather nicely as a teen. He rolled knowledge, which was completely expected. Between his mother, step-father, and one of his older sisters, he's had a lot of studious influence. I like to think it's mostly his sister's influence, though. She struggled for years with her schoolwork (I headcanon that she has ADD), got rejected from private school twice while her other siblings got in due to favorable marks, and buckled down and managed to eke out an acceptance in the last year before college. Cordelia, the only one in the house who isn't a knowledge sim, managed to lose her virginity to her long-time boyfriend Jesse Gavigan. She'd have had a better time if her dad didn't interrupt as they were redressing and coddling each other. At least he didn't walk in during the act. Between that and her twin Clementine ripping farts and dirty jokes all evening, I think it's safe to say these are Don Lothario's children.

Sims 2 Story|My Tumblr|Donate
See something of mine you like? Just ask, and I'll get you a link to the item you're looking for.
Scholar
#2995 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 2:37 PM
playing in surfside valley (custom terrain,i placed all the sims from the beginning hoods in that town and because there was so many baskerville middleground and elsewhere were added) ajay loners grandfather got abducted his grandmother just gave birth to a child but she is a female so ajay loner will eventually be an alien,i think many other sims will be aliens too.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#2996 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:34 AM
Apple Family: The Cow Mascot got pranked by the Pollen Cloud Prank and he didn't like that at all and now he sees how it feels to be pranked. it was a sim I created that did that to him.

Prince Avalanche
Mad Poster
#2997 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:25 PM
Bow your heads in silent respect and say goodbye to the Gieke-Larson family. Long ago they bought one of the first houses available in the new country of Downton, a renegade split off off the old Monopoly.

Things were hard in Downton. After the war, taxes went sky high and the environment irretrievably polluted. Pregnancies are rare; successful pregnancies are almost unicorns. Naturally, the New Regime took great notice when Chester had triplets and the Larson's had quads. The NR took great notice and began to manipulate things to make life harder for the Gieke-Larsons. They were finally able to justify taking their land and sending them to the prison hood. This marked their family for potential break up, meaning the children could be seized and given to "deserving" people who needed them, the adults could also be taken and enslaved as servants. Chester's girls were of special interest because of their use as handmaids.

But, time went on. While the NR did not forget about them, they did leave them alone as they planned the break up of the family. The family did pretty well for people too stupid to figure out how to build walls to protect them from the elements.

Then came the fire. One of the Larson kids was playing with the stove. The entire lot was soon consumed. The families cried and danced before the fire hoping to assuage the fire god. It was, sadly, to no avail.

While the fire was still raging, a special envoy was sent to "rescue" the toddler, infant, and dog. The envoy was consumed by the fire god the second she exited her car.

Eventually it was over. The only survivors were the toddler, infant, and dog, all Giekes. The Larsons are gone. The NR is not yet aware their envoy is dead. They are still waiting for the little ones to arrive at their resettlement center. The prospective families have all been contacted and are waiting for their children, thrilled they don't have to go the handmaid route.

The children will never arrive.

Next door in the prison hood is the Turquoise family. Zircon watched with horror and fear as the entire lot next to his went up in flames. He couldn't help; he was too busy trying to keep it from spreading to his property.

Once the flames died down, he heard the babies crying. He realized no one had come to take them. He walked over, and holding the baby in one arm, he took the toddler's hand in the other, and called to the dog. He will take them and give them a good life. (well as good as it can be in the prison hood - he hasn't built walls yet, either (and it's winter). The authorities will soon discover their representative is dead and the children are gone. They will assume everyone died in the fire. Another prisoner and his family will be assigned to the hood and have a big clean up to do. The file is closed.

Meanwhile, Zircon has three more mouths to feed. He's okay with that, though. It wasn't love or concern that made him save the children from being taken. They would, after all, have gone to wealthy families OUTSIDE the prison. They would have had happy lives. Both of them boys, they would have gone to the best schools. There would have been money for college. They could have traveled anywhere they wanted.

But then, he wouldn't have the Gieke money, would he? The family still had almost 100000§ when they died. Zircon wanted that money. (maybe he will finally build a structure with it)!

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Scholar
#2998 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:22 PM
today i decided to go maxis match.

in other news i started a hood with isabella monty and pollination tech#9 smith,everyone can only breed with others in the family tree so it's going to be one big cluster of incest...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Field Researcher
#2999 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 12:16 AM
Finally I can play again, today I opened a random house to do a little makeover, they are the Picaso family, right now Jessica and Matthew have a little baby boy called Austin, the both of them are working right now, so they needed a babysitter, for Jessica this was a difficult choice, because she wanted to raise his son by herself along with her husband. Matthew is so happy with his son, he love to play with him and teach some tricks.

"Old Town Revival: My MegaHood"
Scholar
#3000 Old 18th Mar 2018 at 7:41 AM
I finished my first Pleasantview rotation! It ended with the Goths, specifically, Cassandra's wedding. Don rejected it, as expected, and the party seemed to be heading towards disaster! However, the missing Bella Goth showed up, and her and Mortimer got remarried! This saved the whole thing. ACR also, behind my back, decided it'd be neat to have Cassandra and Darren start making out. I approve!

Also, Bella is GORGEOUS.
Page 120 of 351