Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Feb 2017 at 10:17 PM
Default Sim unclickable / A Political Marriage bug?
I think I found a weird bug. During the Effenmont annexation quest, "A Political Marriage", at some point my monarch became un-clickable. To clarify... you know when you click on the sim you're controlling, and you get the options like "change outfit" or "whittle"? These do not show up. Nothing happens at all. This didn't seem game breaking, so I continued to play, except for every single time I got to the point to marry the elf price, I was then unable to click on him as well! The odd thing is that my knight was able to interact with him, just not the monarch. This happened 2-3 times, so I ended up going back to an old save before the quest and simply redoing it from the start. This time, however, my knight character is the one who became unclickable. I have no idea at what point exactly this happens, because it's not apparent. I just happen to notice at some point in the middle of the quest while clicking on my Sim.

Again, thinking this was not game breaking, I continued on... my monarch was able to marry the elf prince, and the quest was accomplished. A few quests later, I am now in control of my knight once again... and unfortunately, it seems she is still not clickable. Again, it's not game breaking (at the moment) however, I tested something... got her engaged to another Sim and lo and behold, that fiance Sim became unclickable as well. So essentially... the only negative side effect (so far) is that my Knight can never marry.

I've tried reset sim, but it doesn't seem to fix this. Has anyone else found this bug? Any suggestions on how I might be able to reset this without having to go back several save files?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 10:24 AM
Hmm, I'm not sure what it could be, but I had a similar bug where I couldn't click on my selected sim. I used Grim's Core, with debug enabled, and selected a different religion to my sim (The little square in where you see your sim's religion had some wierd numbers in and some green figures, instead of the usual), and that solved it. Maybe your problem is something like that, too?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennaSims<3
The little square in where you see your sim's religion had some wierd numbers in and some green figures, instead of the usual

Ohhh, now that you mention it, I noticed this weird number thing too! I will have to test this out... I don't have Grimm's Core, so it looks like it's time to download it
Test Subject
#4 Old 14th Feb 2017 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle2882
Ohhh, now that you mention it, I noticed this weird number thing too! I will have to test this out... I don't have Grimm's Core, so it looks like it's time to download it

I hope it helps!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JennaSims<3
I hope it helps!

Well, that definitely fixed it! Thanks so much for your help!
Test Subject
#6 Old 16th Feb 2017 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kyle2882
Well, that definitely fixed it! Thanks so much for your help!

Great! I'm glad I could help.