Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2023 at 12:05 AM Last edited by OliMX : 26th Oct 2023 at 4:23 AM. Reason: Additional information
Default Game crashes for no apparent reason (mods / CC all updated or new)
Hi everyone. Since yesterday my game has been crashing for no reason without error messages, it just closes.

I have been playing on this exact computer for about a year now, always with CC and MCCC. About 10 days ago I installed the following mods:
- Lumpinou Memory Panel Mod V2
- Lumpinou Mood Pack Mod V1.65 Oct15
- Chingyu 100 Traits Pack
- A Deep Indigo Dynamic Teen Life V2.2
- A Deep Indigo Base General Pie Menus (was required for a different mod)
- A Deep Indigo CustomTuningg SharedTuning (was required for a different mod)
- ThePanCake1 More Traits in Cas (Chingyu Compatible)
- Better Exceptions
(- i also had the 4 columns mod but deleted it because BE said it might cause an issue)

I have been playing with all the same CC and these new Mods for over a week before the game started crashing. I followed the steps on the Wiki, my system is good for the game (like i said, i have been playing on this one for months) and the mods are up to date (only downloaded recently and the problems started a week after the download, updated MCCC today as well)

I had Better Exceptions run for conflicts and the only conflict it could find was in the Dynamic Teen mod: there was a possible conflict between two files, one to have activities with tryouts and the other without --> i deleted the one without tryouts

Basically, i removed everything BE said MIGHT be an issue, when i have BE run any conflict, patch compatibility etc. everything comes back clear.

I made a copy of my current save to keep trying if the problem is fixed, but so far it still keeps crashing. I am not doing anything weird that might cause conflicts. Yesterday it crashed when I joined my sim at their active career, today it crashed while one sim was away (called PR agency to get on guest list), one was at school, everyone else was home doing basic things like eating and being on the computer.

I dont have many mods, so trying to add one mod back at a time wouldnt be the world, but i would like to avoid it, if possible, to not mess with my save that much (like current after school activities and such). since the game has not had any update since i installed the mods, and have been playing with the same CC this whole time as well, i dont think updating the CC would help anything, right?

Does anyone know if these mods are known to cause problems or maybe the combination might be an issue? Like i said i installed them a week ago within like two days of each other and have been playing for a few days now without any problems, up until yesterday and today.

Edit : Maybe the issue is something else completely? I also have not changed anything in my build for the issue to suddenly happen, like there isn’t any routing issue etc. it just quite literally happened out of nowhere.

thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2024 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OliMX
Hi everyone. Since yesterday my game has been crashing for no reason without error messages, it just closes.

I have been playing on this exact computer for about a year now, always with CC and MCCC. About 10 days ago I installed the following mods:
- Lumpinou Memory Panel Mod V2
- Lumpinou Mood Pack Mod V1.65 Oct15
- Chingyu 100 Traits Pack
- A Deep Indigo Dynamic Teen Life V2.2
- A Deep Indigo Base General Pie Menus (was required for a different mod)
- A Deep Indigo CustomTuningg SharedTuning (was required for a different mod)
- ThePanCake1 More Traits in Cas (Chingyu Compatible)
- Better Exceptions
(- i also had the 4 columns mod but deleted it because BE said it might cause an issue)

I have been playing with all the same CC and these new Mods for over a week before the game started crashing. I followed the steps on the Wiki, my system is good for the game (like i said, i have been playing on this one for months) and the mods are up to date (only downloaded recently and the problems started a week after the download, updated MCCC today as well)

I had Better Exceptions run for conflicts and the only conflict it could find was in the Dynamic Teen mod: there was a possible conflict between two files, one to have activities with tryouts and the other without --> i deleted the one without tryouts

Basically, i removed everything BE said MIGHT be an issue, when i have BE run any conflict, patch compatibility etc. everything comes back clear.

I made a copy of my current save to keep trying if the problem is fixed, but so far it still keeps crashing. I am not doing anything weird that might cause conflicts. Yesterday it crashed when I joined my sim at their active career, today it crashed while one sim was away (called PR agency to get on guest list), one was at school, everyone else was home doing basic things like eating and being on the computer.

I dont have many mods, so trying to add one mod back at a time wouldnt be the world, but i would like to avoid it, if possible, to not mess with my save that much (like current after school activities and such). since the game has not had any update since i installed the mods, and have been playing with the same CC this whole time as well, i dont think updating the CC would help anything, right?

Does anyone know if these mods are known to cause problems or maybe the combination might be an issue? Like i said i installed them a week ago within like two days of each other and have been playing for a few days now without any problems, up until yesterday and today.

Edit : Maybe the issue is something else completely? I also have not changed anything in my build for the issue to suddenly happen, like there isn’t any routing issue etc. it just quite literally happened out of nowhere.

thanks in advance.

Just because your mods are updated doesn't mean they can't be causing problems. Some mods impact game stability. Also, sometimes mods can become corrupted like any other file due to a whole host of reasons (usually the game just won't open if there's a corrupted mod, but sometimes it does weird stuff instead, in my experience). If you want to make sure its not a mod causing the issue, move your mod folder to your desktop and run a new save in the game to see if it crashes. If it does, I suggest trying the 50/50 method to test your mods rather than one at a time, its much faster. Here's a step by step on how to do it:

1. Create 2 folders on your desktop, one called "untested" and one called "clean"
2. Put about half of your mods into "untested"
3. Run the game until it crashes (or doesn't, depending on how consistent the crashing is this part could be very annoying)
4. If it DOES crash, move the mods from "untested" to "clean" (the mod causing the crash is still in your mods folder) and repeat with the next half
5. If it DOESNT crash, move the mods from you mod folder to "clean" (the mod causing the crash is still in the "untested" folder and repeat with the next half
6. Keep doing this until you can narrow down which mod is causing the problem

Once you find the culprit, you can try reinstalling to see if its corrupted, but if the issue persists it may just be a bad mod. There's also factors like how well your PC can run the game that can cause a mod to crash it without it necessarily being the mods fault.