Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:49 AM
Default Do you use the Resurrect-o-Nomitron?
Hey guys, I was checking my hood and I remembered Cassandra Goth and Brandi Broke died in two separate fires as adults (and Brandi was also pregnant )... I never exit without saving because I like to play in this way. I was thinking that maybe, now that I have a few Sim graduated and working in the Paranormal career I could resurrect them.
The problem is that most of their friends are almost passing away and, moreover, their children are adults as well... It sound like they couldn't "fit" anymore in the neighborhood.

Now I'm curious about what the other players do: do you resurrect other Sims? Do you create zombies? How do you manage their storylines in your hood?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:56 AM
well,i only rarely use it and if i do it's to make a zombie or resurrect a sim who accidently died and to manage the storyline part i pretend either the death never happened or evil is coming to the hood...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 12:46 PM
I've used it for a few stories, yes. I bought back the Tricous just because. I wanted them to be the vampire family in Sirencester (which they are). I'm not fond of playing vampires as is so often skip the lot in the rotation. They are meant to be relics from the past and dress in Victorian costumes (they behave in a most modern way on community lots though) and don't change much through time. Gvaudoin and Fricorith escaped to college though there are two little girls in the family now: Saffronelle and Violetta. I really liked finding those names - they seem to me to fit well. They raised Rainelle as a zombie thrall to do the housework. She's always in a bad mood. There's also my Jack Thomson zombie sim. He's in Little Carping as a visible reminder of an act of vengeance.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
#4 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 3:44 PM
In my game, all sims stay dead. No one gets to come back for any reason - it makes things more interesting for me that way.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:07 PM
Never used it, and I don't think I ever will.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
In my game, all sims stay dead. No one gets to come back for any reason - it makes things more interesting for me that way.

Same here! If a sim dies accidentally I still save the game, and there is no coming back once they are dead! I also use a random number generator to add a risk of death to certain careers and to childbirth, so quite a few of my sims do die of things other than old age.

It does sometimes lead to me being very sad when sims whom I am particularly attached to die, but if death happens (or is rolled for) then I let it happen!

(Apart from once, when I rolled that Penny Weiss would die in childbirth when giving birth to her first (and only, as it turned out) child, just as she and childhood friend Mary Land were embarking on a romantic relationship. In that case I opted to ignore the roll and made her infertile instead of killing her off. If I ever play a selfsim, along with sim versions of my RL parents and partner, we will probably also all be exempt from death rolls.)
Theorist
#7 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 4:10 PM
I use it very rarely and solely for story reasons. I even have a bunch of conditions that must be met for a resurrection to be possible:

1) Only witches and warlocks have access to the Ressurect-o-Nomitron.
Only magical Sims have the necessary capabilities to communicate and deal with good Ol'Grimmy, the minds of common mortals are to frail to confront the personification of death itself.

2) Ressurection comes at a Price...
So there must be witches present in the neighbourhood, and the loved one who seeks the resurrection of a dead Sim must know those witches and perform some sort of task for them.
Nice and good witches might ask for something comparably harmless like a Mouthwatering Apple, or to have their portrait painted, or a first edition of a Bestseller Novel. Neutral witches will ask for something that benefits them, depending on their aspiration (Romance Wtiches ask for a dream date, Poolarity Wtiches want the Sims to throw them a Roof Raiser Party etc etc)
Evil witches will ask atrocious prices; to kill one of their rivals, for the petitioning Sim to become their servant, or even for the Sim's own life in exchange for the dead loved one's.

3) Only Sims that have died of unnatural causes can be resurrected.
No resurrecting Elders that passed on in their due time.

4)The Resurrection will always be incomplete.
Even if you go to an Infallibly Good High Witch to get your dead Sim back, they will, always come back with their personality switched. Good and kind Sims will come back as mean and selfish, solemn and quiet Sims as playful and outgoing etc.. etc. That's just how coming back fro the dead works in my universe.

5)Atrociously Evil Witches/Warlcocks create Zombie minions.
The worst kind for Witches and Warlocks will abuse their ability to call up Grimmie to have dead bodies rise as Zombie Minions to do their bidding (and house work) those Zombies perish with the Sim that has created them.

6)As soon as a body rests in consecrated ground (a Graveyard) the Sim cannot be resurrected any longer.
As soon as a Sim's grave is moved to the blessed soil of a graveyard their soul completely departs from this world and is at peace. To disturb them in that state is a crime not even the evilest of witches dare to commit, out of fear of the repercussions.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 5:13 PM
Not in normal non-cheat play. I'm thinking of using it to resurrect sim's that If the sim who obtain it wishes to resurrect the sim they personally want or those who I choose while in mind only those that consider their life being incomplete (haven't fulfilled their first LTW)
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:30 PM
I used it a couple of times to make zombies in Transylvania, an old hood that was supposed to be full of supernaturals, but I haven't used it anywhere else. In a regular hood, dead means dead.
Instructor
#10 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 6:33 PM
I haven't used it in my current hood. I like having my game like real life, when it comes to death.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Theorist
#11 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 9:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT

This.
It can be really hard to let a sim die especially when you had plans.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 10:18 PM
I think I've used it twice. Once, way back when I first started playing, I wanted to try it out, and an obliging townie got herself eaten by a cowplant. The other time was when I wanted to make some nasty brain eating zombies for an apocalypse hood.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:16 PM
I've used it three times: Once to make Mortimer Goth happy-he brought back his mother. (Although the rest of the town isn't exactly thrilled..), once to make Antoinette Heywood regret having killed Cornelia, and the last one being Armand Borgia because his best friend missed him so much, and his girlfriend was thinking of doing it too.

Otherwise, pixels stay dead in game.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Feb 2018 at 11:29 PM
I think I've actually only ever had two sims die in my game, one of old age and one of being eaten by the Cowplant. Brought the latter back as a zombie since I had no idea what to put in the payment and just went with $1000. I haven't had any sims die in years, but if I do get any deaths I don't think bringing them back via the Resurrect-O-Nomitron is any more "cheaty" than using the Elixir of Life to prolong a sim's life. Probably less so, actually, since any of my sims could easily live quite literally forever on the Elixir.

I play almost entirely by what my sims want, so if a sim wants to bring back a sim who died of something other than old age, I'll probably bring them back.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 6:28 AM
I'll use it if there's a reason to. Zombies and vampires (I have Cyjon's hacked version) are both immortal though, and immortal sims and servos can become boring for me rather quickly.
Theorist
#16 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 1:31 PM
I've done it once for my Castaway Stories legacy I was playing. I came up with a concept that one Sim sacrificed themselves for the sake of bringing my OG legacy couple back to life. (I really missed playing them and wanted them back (so much that I even made a tutorial on how to do it if you can't access the bone phone in your game), and the sacrifice idea was half-baked anyway, so I guess the resurrecting idea was bad to even start with.)

The thing is, the sacrifice guy was around five generations younger than the couple. That created an obvious logical flaw in the continuity of the story, but I incorporated the infamous hey look, magic!" thing in the whole story for that one part. Later on, the whole thing became even worse, because after a few more generations, Sims were winding up with their cousins. The OG couple had a son during their first life, and the son has had many children, many of which had many children of their own. After the couple has been brought back to life, they've had a child again, and at one point everyone started mingling together and I didn't like it at all.

Halfway through the story, I decided to go back and remove the OG couple's first child as their child (make them unrelated). They still did bear a striking resemblance to each other, but I left that to "the reader" of the story to figure out and maybe create a wild conspiracy theory out of it.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 3:40 PM
I've never used a Resurrect-o-Nomitron, and quite possibly never shall. I've only had University installed for a few months, and anyway I've never seen a Sim die. I have almost zero interest in the paranormal myself, so it's a area of study and career that I'm not likely to encourage my Sims to pursue.

But I sometimes worry that I might react very badly to the death of a Sim. In Real Life, friends, relatives and acquaintances die, and there is nothing I can do about it. I just have to accept it and try to move on. But, in the world of my Sims, I'm used to having a bit more control than that. Most of the Sims that I play are quite a bit younger than me, and therefore I tend to feel that they ought not to predecease me. If one should die, the first thing I think I might feel is that I had failed them. Plus of course the feeling of loss, and indeed emptiness, that somebody dear to me was no longer there. And, in those circumstances, I could be tempted to clutch at straws, and the Resurrect-o-Nomitron is certainly one such straw. By all accounts its use can be fraught, but I might try it, just in the hope of seeing someone I had loved alive again.

But, all in all, I think I'm better playing the way I've always played, and doing my best to look after my Sims well while they're alive, rather than trying to bring them back from the dead.

Now I'm just upsetting myself crying over my Sims when nothing has really happened to them! So instead I'll try to think about much nicer things that my Sims can do, like going dancing and dating, and dining out, and making friends, and having a first kiss. And generally enjoying life!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Link Ninja
#18 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:21 PM
I used it once. Just to try it. It worked. Don't plan to use it again though, the dark guilds shouldn't be trifled with.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#19 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 4:37 PM
Never. One of the few rules I have is that if a Sim dies they stay dead. I'm good at preventing non-old age death, so my Sims only die of old age.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 7:04 PM
I have allowed it, but:
1) They have to earn it! No Unlockcareerrewards cheat (or whatever it was).
2) Only THAT sim is allowed to. No other sims on the lot, and no gifting it to people.
3) The person they're resurrecting must not have died due to old age, anything else is acceptable.

The same rules apply to the genie lamp. So far I've only resurrected 1 sim, although I'd really like to resurrect Ivy Copur (the adult townie) who died in a fire at the Broke house last rotation, but it's not happening yet.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#21 Old 19th Feb 2018 at 8:54 PM
I have dabbled with it. Usually to make a zombie. But I have used it to bring back a Sim.

But I usually let Sims stay dead.

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:24 AM
I've used it a few times. Once when a pregnant Sim died - I didn't think it fair on the unborn baby. A few times I've created zombies. Lately I've been using it to resurrect Sims who have gone missing between where they die and the cemetery (not showing up), then kill them off again and get a Sim to take them to a cemetery.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I've never used a Resurrect-o-Nomitron, and quite possibly never shall. I've only had University installed for a few months, and anyway I've never seen a Sim die. I have almost zero interest in the paranormal myself, so it's a area of study and career that I'm not likely to encourage my Sims to pursue.

I believe that Romeo and Mercutio Monty's deceased parents are safe to resurrect. Are you not even going to use it for them?
Mad Poster
#24 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 3:41 PM
One of the reasons why I have a "dead Sims stay dead" rule for my play now is because of my misadventures trying to resurrect Romeo and Mercutio's deceased parents. I cheated to get the Resurrect-o-Nomitron (through the command that unlocks the career rewards, I forget what it is right now.) I had Patrizio use the phone and pay full price to raise both of them back to their "normal state". I had so many glitches and errors the Monty Ranch was unplayable.

I put the "dead stay dead" rule into effect after that. Other than being slightly less Outgoing, Romeo's Personality is a clone of his mom's Personality. She comes back pregnant (she may have starved to death while pregnant, and she sucked at pregnancy after being resurrected the little bit I was able to play the ranch before it descended into a series of glitches and errors that wouldn't stop.) Their father was extremely grumpy (if I remember right he had 2 nice points.)
Theorist
#25 Old 20th Feb 2018 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orilon
I put the "dead stay dead" rule into effect after that. Other than being slightly less Outgoing, Romeo's Personality is a clone of his mom's Personality. She comes back pregnant (she may have starved to death while pregnant, and she sucked at pregnancy after being resurrected the little bit I was able to play the ranch before it descended into a series of glitches and errors that wouldn't stop.) Their father was extremely grumpy (if I remember right he had 2 nice points.)

According to the Sims wiki, Romeo and Mercutio's deceased mother isn't even pregnant she just has the appearance of being so and if you want her to have the third child you have to resurrect both her and her husband and have them actually produce a third child.
In any case I would only recommend ressurection of pre-deceased Sims in the cleaned Neighbourhood templates.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 1 of 2