Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2006 at 3:27 PM Last edited by Echo : 11th Sep 2008 at 12:38 PM.
Default Tutorial: Creating Curved and Detailed Meshes Using Wings 3D
Hello, this is my first tutorial and it introduces beginners of Wings 3D (a free program) to make detailed meshes. Like curves, etc. The file is a Microsoft Word file.

This tutorial is for meshers who are familiar with object creation

Details like the version of SimPE being used are said in the .zip word document file. *Update: It is now available in a PDF file!*

Hope it helps!

----------
Tutorials:Creating_Curved_and_Detailed_Meshes_Using_Wings_3Dwiki
Attached files:
File Type: zip  tutorial_curved_meshes_ptp.zip (390.8 KB, 1564 downloads)
File Type: zip  tutorial_curved_meshes_PDF.zip (268.9 KB, 2959 downloads)

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 4:35 AM
Thank you SO much for this. I had a lot of trouble with meshes, but not now! 5 stars!
#3 Old 15th Aug 2006 at 8:51 PM
Thanks paco.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 4:52 PM
WOW Thanks for this! You even used an IKEA chair as an example... I LOVE YOU!!!! Lol

*´")
..·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´Wil-Redfern*¨)¸;*
Test Subject
#5 Old 30th Sep 2006 at 5:01 PM
It's brilliant! and helped me a lot how to make meshes. Very big thanks!!
Test Subject
#6 Old 8th Dec 2006 at 1:17 AM
Thank you for this tutorial
Field Researcher
#7 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 3:10 PM
I just begin making objects, this will help a lot, thanks.
Instructor
#8 Old 16th Feb 2007 at 2:56 PM
Really great and i thought i knew everything about wings 3d!
I learned how to make curves WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks 5 STARS
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:09 PM
Hi! I'm Cindy, from Chile, southamerica, I have a question about the tutorial: When I open the chair in Wings 3D, I can't see it very well, because it shows in a bad angle, how can i move it to have a better view?
Bye
*~CiNdY~*
Field Researcher
#10 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 10:01 PM
If you don't have a tutorial which explains Wings 3D you can find it here:
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=104795

You can move around in Wings clicking on the right mouse button and zoom in and out with the mouse wheel (if you have one), but that's also explained in the tutorial.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:45 PM
Oh thaks! I'm going to try!
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2007 at 4:11 PM
Thank you for sharing your expertise. :lovestruc I'm going to try it, I'm still learning to mesh so your tut is going to help big time
Scholar
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chimi
Hi! I'm Cindy, from Chile, southamerica, I have a question about the tutorial: When I open the chair in Wings 3D, I can't see it very well, because it shows in a bad angle, how can i move it to have a better view?
Bye
*~CiNdY~*

You can try making sure that in SimPE, before you export it, check if you have a little dropdown menu set to the proper XYZ co-ordinates. Just a suggestion.

Call me Paco!
Rhymes with Taco

I'm currently taking requests until August 12th.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th Mar 2007 at 11:15 AM Last edited by Caessa : 15th Mar 2007 at 11:21 AM.
Thank you so much for this great tut. It helps a lot!

You mentioned in the tut an upcoming tutorial about wings 3d. Will you do this or is this already done and I didn't find it?

Caessa
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 30th Mar 2007 at 8:32 PM
Thanks for the tutorial
Test Subject
#16 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 6:50 AM
Thanks for this tutorial, downloaded it with quick install first and couldn't find it ......lol. ried again just as a rar file and that worked. Can't wait to get strted on this. I'm just beginning to learn the basics of meshing.

Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Lifes all for living it and i'm all for giving it a try.
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 28th May 2007 at 3:44 AM
Thanks Paco for the tutorial ,i'm trying to make something curved in Milkshape hopefully even if this is for Wings 3d it will help a bit. Crossing fingers lol

You will find my older and newest creations here
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Aug 2007 at 1:28 AM
thanks a lot
Test Subject
#19 Old 25th Oct 2007 at 4:14 PM
Please,help me.I'm not good at English.Can someone explain in Thai.I come from Thailand.

thitiwudh
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Sep 2008 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pacotacoplayer
Hello, this is my first tutorial and it introduces beginners of Wings 3D (a free program) to make detailed meshes. Like curves, etc. The file is a Microsoft Word file.

This tutorial is for meshers who are familiar with object creation

Details like the version of SimPE being used are said in the .zip word document file. *Update: It is now available in a PDF file!*

Hope it helps!

----------
Tutorials:Creating_Curved_and_Detailed_Meshes_Using_Wings_3Dwiki

ok... i dont know if im retarded or wat but i cant get this to work and wats dose it mean right here :

4. Give your object a Scenegraph name (or however you spell it) and save it with a file name somewhere.
5. Go to the GMDC and export the mesh. Only export the file that says “clrs” which is the seat, and “chairdiningquaint_seat”
6. Now that you have exported that, lets go into Wings 3D and import our mesh.
7. Set a good view, wherever you like as long as you have a proper perspective of the chair itself. Make sure you click on the 3rd triangle on the toolbar. That pyramid means that you are selecting the object by face (but we will talk more about that in the next tutorial).
8. First we need to know where the Sim will be placing his or her butt. So we save a bounding box over the legs to the seat. Hold you mouse button and select the bottom of the chair all the way to the seat. Now go to Tools….Save Bounding Box.

5 and 6 is the one im stuck on i dont under stand it can u explain wat this means to me plz
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 10:08 AM
when you say export? do you mean extract?

also when I go to the GDMC, i don't see a file that says "clrs" or “chairdiningquaint_seat”
Test Subject
#22 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 11:17 AM
never mind i figured out what you meant. i had to reinstall my SimPE because it was acting up and it wasn't showing the features you mentioned.

xxgamedoodxx
you have to export from the plugin view!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 4:44 AM
Omg, thanks. I recently made a table mesh, and it looks cool. But, its thin as paper! Haha, also, i know its not the right place for it, but how do you add new textures to your object?
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:03 AM
ugh, you need to includ PICTURES for the final step. i cant find tessellation thingy, you need to help
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#25 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 6:08 AM
Is this what you're needing?

Notice that you need to be in the side/face selection mode.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Page 1 of 2