Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#301 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 7:07 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 9th Nov 2011 at 7:51 AM.
Oh no!!!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#302 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 10:29 AM
Talking about being lucky with the deadlines -.- I just remembered I have tooo much to do and I might not do my story :S or I could do it and let it turn out crap... ugh!! >.< I hate this...
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#303 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 2:23 PM
Oh no! I hope everyone is able to straighten things out and make it work! I'd be sad if I miss any climax chapters!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
The other one
#304 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 5:26 PM
Well *crosses fingers* I think I fixed it. I got my game up and running (even installed pets without any problems) but it turns out the game wasn't my only problem, my computer was BSOD-ing D: I did a lot of googling and ended up rooting around in files I didn't even know existed and basically after almost a full day of scans, installing updates and running error checks I think it's fixed. At least I had the computer on for an hour last night without a BSOD so I'm hoping it's fixed

So before all this happened I'd only got 2 paragraphs written D: so I now basically have to write pretty much the whole chapter as well as make sets and take pics in the next 2 days (is my own fault for taking a break for the first 5 days ) so I'll try to get as much done as possible but just so you know, might not be entirely complete or polished, lol

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Scholar
#305 Old 10th Nov 2011 at 6:53 PM
On the upside, Roxor. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you except my problems just come from exams and lazyness. But tomorrow's a holiday so I think I can finish it all up then.
Forum Resident
#306 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 6:16 AM
does the flash back have to be exactly 300 words? Or is that just another guide line?

Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#307 Old 11th Nov 2011 at 2:35 PM Last edited by heaven : 11th Nov 2011 at 4:51 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by LadyAwesome
does the flash back have to be exactly 300 words? Or is that just another guide line?

You have leeway since you need between 1,000 and 1,500 for the round. So with the flash back it would need to be between 1,300 and 1,800. As long as it falls between those limits, you're good. You don't have to point out the flashback in italics or bold or underline or anything and give a separate count for it. So...I guess what I am trying to say, in my heaven-drags-things-out-too-much way is that, yes, it's just a guideline.

So...I have noticed that each round, entries come in closer and closer to the deadline. *looks around to see where the stories are hiding*

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
#308 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 1:20 AM
Mine is almost ready, but.... I don't like being the first to post one! It's silly, I know ;p

This chapter was hard - the excerpt especially, but just in general as well.
Lab Assistant
#309 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 2:01 AM Last edited by blackivy : 12th Nov 2011 at 4:05 PM.
Default Round 3 - What have we done?
Previously we witnessed Emma's rocky relationship with her mother and new stepfather and followed her emotional roller coaster as she got a new sister and was sent to a private school owned by a man named Jude Campbell. As horrible as it sounded in the beginning, Emma soon adapted and now awaits to see how her new life will develop.

The next morning when I woke up, the first thing we had after breakfast was Ms. Keira's class. She was a strict old woman, always in her little red outfit, being a constant reminder of the devil she was. No one liked her, no one thought she was a god teacher and Jane told me that her lessons were the most horrid and boring thing that could happen to you. She was right. She spent the good portion of her time yelling at this guy for not bringing pencils to her class.

During her little rant I got a better opportunity to meet Jane's twin brother, Mark. He was adorable (although I would never say that to him or Jane) but he didn't have his sister's
adventurous spark. Jane defended him on that matter saying that he tries to be like her but usually just tags along while she does most of the silly things. I was still expecting the wonders she promised me in this tedious class just a night before. Nothing exciting happened, I thought she was going to at least try and pull a prank on the teacher, Jane seemed like the type to prank people in authority.

But the only thing that happened was a pop-quiz after Ms. Keira got too tired of yelling at the poor fellow in the front part of the class. I didn't know anything and saw no use of taking tests in the beginning of the school year but Jane later tried to explain that they help our teacher see how much has evaporated from our heads during summer. I had to agree with my mother on the fact that this school will give me a better education because I am pretty convinced that I failed that test. I felt a little easier when I heard Jane muttering some curse words as if her test could hear her. Fortunately, Ms. Keira couldn't or she would be in trouble. I got a note just minutes before the end of the class to meet up with Jane during recess.

When the bell ended our sufferings, I went outside and found a free bench with Jane and Mark. They were strikingly alike, down to their unusual blue eyes. Jane was quite angry.
"Giving us that test, we didn't even do anything, that old hag!" she yelled and flailed her arms, "She could have at least said something, but she prefers setting traps for us," she went on for a while until she cooled down a little.
"So, what do you guys do around here in your free time?" I asked her to change the subject.
"Free time?", Jane asked and giggled. "We're almost constantly bored, that's what it is, it's like time doesn't seem to pass here: it just is. Maybe it's to encourage us to study more," she shrugged. "Well, if you want to have some fun you can go and have a little adventure with us these days." she smiled at me devilishly.
"Adventure?" I already feared where this was going.

A week or two went by and we still didn't have our "adventure" but Jane swore that it would happen soon. I started to believe that she was only trying to get me excited about the school when one day during lunch she exclaimed: "It's going to happen tonight!"
She wouldn't say anything more but I felt like (and feel that Mark felt the same) I was obligated to show up and have this adventure with her, she just managed to draw you into stuff without giving you the option to think it through. One thing led to another and we were standing in front of the doors to Ms. Keira's private room just about to break in and snoop around. Adrenalin started pumping and fear crept in but I couldn't just turn around and leave.

We entered her small dusty old room and saw her desk cluttered with books and papers. One of those books had a regular blank cover and got me interested. Maybe that was where she wrote down her secret opinions about her students or something secretive like that. I was right. It really was secretive. I stumbled upon her diary. I started reading it, mostly out loud for Jane and Mark to be amused as well and completely forgot about my fear of getting caught. In one depressing entry, it said, and I think I'll never forget it: "I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity." Seeing how it came from a person who is considered to be an old maid I started to feel sorry for her and dropped her diary back on the table.

But we weren't lucky after all. Ms. Keira was obviously done with dinner and decided to go to her room right after only to open her door and find three children going through her things. She was shocked and appalled, started yelling at us immediately and sent us to the principal. He said that he was much smarter in the morning and that he hoped we would be as well and sent us to bed with a promise that we will see him tomorrow and that we were in serious trouble. Jane thought that we got away with it but I decided not to jump to conclusions because I realized that our "adventure" was really something forbidden for good reasons. I just wished she wouldn't accuse us of stealing anything.

We saw Mr. Campbell one by one. When it was my turn he just crossed his arms and sternly explained that what we've done could be considered a crime and that he had given a lot of thought to expelling us but decided against it. He wondered if he should take us out of Ms. Keira's class and figured it would be best if we weren't there for a while but not forever because we need to work this out with her since she is, after all, an educational worker. He also informed me that my mother will be arriving soon and that she will be the one to make the final decision about my future stay in this school.

He sat on my bed and told me that he will wait here with me and that Jane and Mark's parents are coming tomorrow because they live further away. I was on the verge of tears. What will my mother think of me now, that I'm just a delinquent. Will it be solid proof that I'm not needed? Will she send me even further away from home?

The moment she went through the door to our bedroom in that awful old secretary dress felt like all of my fears came true. The furious expression on her face said it all. It was like she started yelling at me from the doorway but suppressed herself because of the principal's presence. For the first time ever I wanted him to stay because I feared my mother's reaction. What if she disowns me? What if she kicks me out? What if?

Current Events: Twins, Adventure
Previous Events: Wedding, New Addition to Family, Dog days, Betrayal
Word Count: 1198
CC Used Allowed : Yes, Penalized: Yes

"Over the Mountains of the Moon, down the Valley of the Shadow, ride, boldly ride," the shade replied - "if you seek for Eldorado"
Scholar
#310 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 2:12 AM
18 hours to go. Guess I should get started, eh? >_>

Oh man I only played Sims 2 one time on my friend's laptop like... 5 years ago. I can't believe how different the graphics are to the Sims 3. I do love your settings though, blackivy. I'm so jealous.
Inconceivable!
#311 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 3:38 AM
CRAP! I misread the countdown! I thought it said Saturday at 11:59 P.M.

...I really do need to get started.
Scholar
#312 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:06 AM Last edited by ReyaD : 12th Nov 2011 at 7:18 AM.
Promised
Round Three

~

RECAP: Born and raised in a small town where all your decisions are made for you, Jessie Jacobs is sure of one thing. She's not ready to be married. And when her promised husband proposes she tells him as much, and then suffers the consequences when her twin sister helps him grieve. A chance meeting with the vampire Jude Campbell opens her eyes to the idea of just leaving, and when her sister becomes pregnant with Tyler’s child she sees her chance. Now she just has to take it.

~

The wedding wasn’t going to be anything spectacular. Just a private ceremony between Tyler and “Jessie” in my father’s bar. Nonetheless Tyler insisted everyone dress up for the occasion and who was I to deny his request? At the very least it gave me a reason to cover up every inch of my body, from neck to ankle. I’d never realized how many tattoos I had until I’d tried covering them up with whatever I happened to have lying around in my closet.

Finally though I’d found something to wear. All that was left was to see if it passed Tyler’s inspection.

“It’ll... do.” He muttered, after checking to see if my birthmark could be seen from any angle. “And it does look like something Janice would wear.”

“I took it from her closet.” I admitted before looking down at my sleeves. “She’s downstairs waiting for you, by the way. As soon as your father’s officiator arrives we can begin.”

His face softened, looking at me with those sad eyes. “I truly am sorry for what all this. I just wish you would’ve given marriage a chance. I could have made you happy you know.”

I wished to be loved by another.” I admit. “But I desire no man’s pity. Especially not yours.”

“I wasn’t trying to pity you. I was just-”

I silenced him with an eye roll. “Just stop it Tyler. Your father’s officiator should be here by now. Let’s get this over and done with, and then we won’t be each other’s problem anymore.”

Scratch that. Stupid vampires. I took a seat as he ordered a round of drinks, hands clasped on my lap. “Yes?”

“You’re a moron, you know that? This is NOT what I meant when I talked to you about leaving.”

“Would you have preferred me to just leave my family in a ditch?” I asked, honestly curious. “Mr. Campbell I don’t know how things work in your family, but I couldn’t just abandon them and run. I need to at least try and make sure they’ll both be alright without me.”

He sighed, seemingly contemplating his next words carefully. “I will not tell Mr. Stone of your switch... but he will still find out. Do not wait to leave. As soon as the wedding is over... just go.”

“Why?”

His face fell. “Just trust me, Miss Jacobs.”

I tucked his words away when my sister came into the room, looking stunning in an old dress I’d bought months ago but never worn. Identical or no, I had the sneaking suspicion she looked better in it than I ever would. Tyler seemed to think the same as his eyes never even turned to look for me while they said their vows to each other.

Jude took off almost immediately after to inform Mr. Stone that the marriage had taken place. I had my bags packed, money in hand and plane ticket to Champe le Sims bought. The only thing left was to say goodbye.

My sister’s face almost broke my heart. “I just wish you’d stay until the baby was born...”

“I wish I could...” I answered, Jude’s words ringing in my ears. “But if I don’t leave now I never will.”

A strange expression came over her. “Well then it looks like you’ll never be leaving.”

For a moment I thought she was threatening me, but then her hands flew to her stomach and a groan from her lips.

Oh shit. The baby was coming.

There were two hospitals in our town. The main one was where visitors were taken, and human children when they were ill. The second was a tiny underground clinic where human wives were taken to give birth to their vampiric children. The doctor had assured us that my sister and the baby would be fine, but he thought she was Jessie. He didn’t know the mark on her neck had been drawn by me the night before.

The curtains covered nothing but bare walls, no view of the outdoors to judge the time. How long had we been here? An hour? A day? Time doesn’t seem to pass here: It just is. We were three stories underground and the room smelt of death. How many women had lost their lives here?

Although the wall between us was too thick to allow noise I could hear Janice’s screams in my mind, could feel her fear. It was too much for me. I needed to leave, but I couldn’t bring myself to abandon my sister in her time of need.

I didn’t remember standing but I found myself standing in front of Tyler. “Everything will be fine.” He promised. “You need to calm down.”

“I can’t...” My voice broke before I could finish my thought. “I just... what if she dies?”

“We’ll make it through.” He said with a smile, taking my hand before I could object. “We’ll raise the baby together, and maybe I can convince you to stay with me forever.”

My resolution was weakening and faintly I wondered if he was using some sort of mind trick over me. “Tyler-”

“Her death will be for the best.”

I snapped.

“Tyler you piece of SHIT. Don’t you dare say that! You have no right!”

His face fell. “Jessie, I’m just trying-”

“Just stop!” I begged. “You have my sister, you have my past, my ties to everything I’ve ever known. Once I leave I won’t ever be allowed to come back! Just leave me with the belief that maybe, just maybe everything will come out alright! Stop trying to force me into this life!”

I could tell he was losing his patience with me, but to his credit he didn’t raise his voice like I had. Instead he spoke in a pained whisper. “You’re such a moron, Jessie. You’re never going to escape this, no matter what. The only reason father hasn’t personally intervened yet is due to the fact that he finds your antics amusing.”

I felt my heart drop but I didn’t want to believe him. “You’re just saying that.”

“I wish I were! Dammit, Jessie. Why are you so stupid! Mr. Campbell tried to get you out when you still had the chance, why didn’t you just take it?”

I was about the speak when the familiar squeak of the clinic doors opening attracted my attention. I turned, perhaps too suddenly as instantly I felt a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, an emptiness where my heart should have been.

It was not my sister who left the room, nor was it the doctor. Instead an ancient vampire who I’d only seen in photos before. In his arms the boy who belonged to my sister.

Behind me I heard Tyler groan. I tried to keep my face emotionless but I knew the fear was showing.

The old vampire cleared his throat, his piercing eyes staring at me until I had no choice but to look away. “I would love to hear an explanation for this... now who will give it?”

Tyler spoke before I could even consider telling a lie. “It’s my fault. I accept full responsibility for everything... father.”

---

Current Events: Wedding, New Addition to Family
Previous Events: Betrayal, Chance Meeting, Twins, Paranormal Character
Word Count: 1301 words, 13 photos
CC Used:
- Allowed: CC world - Harmony by Magic_Dancer (On the EA Exchange)
- Penalized: None
Forum Resident
#313 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:11 AM Last edited by LadyAwesome : 12th Nov 2011 at 4:29 AM.
Current Events: Adventure, The emperor of evil.
Previous Events: Twins, funeral, paranormal character, dish best served cold.
Word Count: 1600
CC Used: Allowed: Yes (Store stuff) Penalize – No.

Previously, Aiden and Elyssa had lost their parents and moved in with their Grandma Lara. Went through the death of Aiden,
while watching the women of the family suffer. Elyssa learns that her brother is a ghost, while fighting for her sanity.
We ended the last chapter with Elyssa growing into a teen.

“You know Aiden, I am glad you never had to grow up. I learnt some pretty yuck stuff about teenagers the other day.
And look at these” Elyssa points out her boobs “Ugh, so gross and weird.”
“Yes, well thanks for the chat. I appreciate it a whole bunch.” I said sarcastically, as I was flipping through a book.
After Elyssa got over gawking at herself, she came and sat on the bed with me.
“So, my darling brother. What have you found?” Elyssa questioned.
“Hmmm nothing so far, where did you get this book anyway?”
“School library,” Elyssa replied with a smirk on her face.
“No wonder there is nothing in here,” I said as I let out a sigh. “Let's head down to the library and see what's there.”
“Sure, I just need to put my make-up on.”
I rolled my eyes as I left the room.

“If you hear someone walking over this way, make sure you put the book on the table. All I need is random people
thinking I am crazy.” Elyssa blubbered.

“Mmmmhmmmm, so what we need to look for is some kind of magic book,” I explained.
After hours of scouring the internet, I did find something. It was not really clear but it said something about a
book of laguini?

We sat in silence reading for a bit until . . . . .

“Hey, listen to this journal. A potion of resurrection has been filed, not easily acquired. It is hidden in the bounds
of The book of Lockheart. Dated 1955.” Odd name for a book I thought as I read.

Elyssa smacked her book shut to look for another journal of the same era. After reading through a few books and
spending 4 hours in the library, she announced “Screw this.! We need to look more on the internet I think.”

“Great plan, Stan.” I said as I jumped off the seat. Elyssa just glared at me as we set off for home.

“Oh gosh Lissa, did you rip that out of a library book?” I asked.
Elyssa looked at me and smiled.
“Sure did kiddo, maybe I should become a secret agent or something.”
“a) I think you would make a pretty good secret agent and b) I am not a kid, we are the same age – or do you forget
we are twins?”
“Yeah but you're dead . . . . .” she said before the silence hit. “Don't worry, I will fix this I promise.”
I forced a smile as Elyssa started mixing chemicals. After a while I sat on the chair with Nova and fell asleep.
When I woke, Elyssa was shaking me.
“Aiden, honey wake up. I want you to test this.” Elyssa said and she passed me the flask of odd looking liquid.
I sculled the whole thing back, waited a couple of minutes and shrugged.
“You should probably get to bed, we can practice more tomorrow.” I suggested.
“You're right. Night night poppet,” and she kissed me on the head as she left the room.

The next morning Granny and Elyssa had breakfast together.

“How come you never got another boyfriend after you and grandad split up Granny?” Elyssa questioned.
Granny choked on her mouthful of food “I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity. And then
there was everything that happened with our family. I have had no time for men.”
“I hope you find a man one day Granny, you deserve to be happy.”
“I would be happy, if your grades had stopped slipping.” Granny replied giving Elyssa the look.
“I am sorry Granny. But do you know how hard it is to deal with all this and the counselor who seems to
think I am crazy?” Elyssa let out with a fluster.
“We don't think you're crazy honey, we just think you need help to get past the loss of everyone.”
“I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CRAP. I WILL MAKE YOU ALL SEE!” shouted Elyssa as she stormed out the door.
She grabbed her bag and stormed out of the house.
Granny just sat there, thinking all she needed was space.

It had been a day since we last saw Elyssa. Granny was getting worried, so worried that she had even called the police.
Gran was not coping with Elyssa running away. She was worried that she had got herself hurt or something. Granny
spent the morning ringing all Elyssa's friends. The only one who had heard from her was Georgie. Her family owned the
science facility. But she had nothing much to say on the subject.
When the police officer finally arrived
Granny was going hysterical. Sobbing, yelling and crying in no particular order. He was a really nice, patient soul and
proceeded to comfort Granny, even though he was feeling rather uncomfortable.
“Lots of teenagers do this Miss Croft.” he assured her. “I am sure she will be home within the next few days, once she
has gotten over her anger. But just in case, we will have all the car patrols looking out for her.”
Granny just nodded and wandered back inside.

“Enough is enough,” I thought to myself, as I plodded down to Elyssa's living area. I stopped at the bottom of the stairs
noticing the big pile of books and folders of information everywhere. She must have done this after we left the library.
I flicked through a few pages of the files to see if she had printed anything of importance. But there was nothing
to clue me in as to where she went.
Then I started going through all the history of websites on the computer.
Nova padded over and started cleaning
herself among the papers. I looked over at her and sighed.
“You be careful over there, Lissa won't be impressed if you ruin her papers. Actually it probably serves her right for leaving them there.”
Then something caught my attention, I started reading more
“Oh no Elyssa, Please NO!” I begged, to no one in particular.

The Book of Lockheart.

The book of Lockheart is gifted to a descendant of an Escher god, who therefore is turned to a full vampire as an adolescent.
Escher people come from an island that once was positioned to the southwest of Laut Ocean. Somehow vanishing within a ball
of light, it was said that the land itself was taken for the gods. No one really found out the answer to this.

It was said that a virgin was sacrificed to turn the vampire. The first time this was recorded was dated back 2000 years ago.
The Vampire Belzure had chosen the most important virgin sacrifice, the first born daughter of King Mahon. Belzure drank
the blood of the virgin, in a ceremony on the beach. The adolescent vampire took the girl as his bride and drank every drop of
blood the girl had, leaving her body lifeless. During the ceremony the vampire's watcher (who remains with him all his life) chants
the words of a sacred incantation, which binds their souls and blood together. When the binding is complete, the vampire and his
watcher say a prayer, as the vampire descends into the water, laying the sacrifice on a raft of flower,.sending her into the ocean
and giving her back to the gods. The result was Belzure becoming a full-blooded vampire and crowning him the Emperor of Escher.
Afterward the human king and his family were killed, and his slaves were taken for food.

The stories over the years are similar, but the setting is either on the beach or on sacred ground, gifting the sacrifice to either
water or fire gods.
The book itself, believed to be full of potions and spells, was originally crafted by a high powered mage.

Please read comments for more information.

Meanwhile, Poor Elyssa was locked in a cell, wondering where the hell she was. Then thinking yep this is what hell feels like.

After reading all that information and the comments, there was a link that leading to a page which showed a picture of a house,
which I knew fairly well since becoming a ghost. I imagined the vampires had a spell on it so normal people can't see in.
I left that night, ended up getting lost in the forest. Then I started panicking. What if I was too late? By the time morning came
round, I was feeling rather down, slowly making my way down the street, not really sure where I was going.
Then I found it. . . . . the house in the photograph.

After I walked through the front door, I expected to see people, well not people exactly – vampires.
I was worried that after I stepped over that threshold, those blood suckers would be on me. Then I remembered that I had no
blood, just my soul. They probably had some kind of motion detectors for security purposes. Once I got to the basement,
I still heard nothing. Looking around, I spotted a vampire coffin and shivered. As I was just about to turn around, I spotted a
curtain and behind it was a door.

As I passed through the door, I saw cells they looked horrible and filthy. I turned to the voices I was hearing. WHAM I stood
still for a moment, shocked at the scene in front of my eyes.

“HEY, WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING WITH MY SISTER!” I screamed

“I am sorry.” The man whispered to my sister.

Then BOOM !!!!

Field Researcher
#314 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:26 AM
In Chapter One: Shadows, Sofie and her family are introduced. As one of the people she’s been taught to think of only as the enemy chases a child into their territory, her beliefs take a battering.
In Chapter Two: Change, Sofie flees into the forest and encounters Zayne, who, rather than attacking her, offers her the option of discovering the truth.

Chapter Three: Secrets

The database gave me nothing. I’d scanned the photograph in; the courtyard had been identified immediately and even dated based on the plant growth: pre-invasion. If the man – Zayne – had given me a name, I may have gotten somewhere. But how was I meant to find someone who had been dead for centuries, let alone have him give me some truth.

The photographed man was obviously medical or scientific personnel. He looked arrogant and sure of himself; perhaps in charge of a lab or clinic. My fingers flew over the keyboard as I thought, and my shoulders were tense as I struggled not to look furtively around. That would draw more attention to me than the research.

The database gave me information on the residence, since it found nothing on the man. Yet that too was surprisingly scarce. Until it threw an article at me and I understood why. I hadn’t realised the residence was so old. So old... and apparently, according to the article that probably only still existed because it was mostly paranoia, a prestigious research facility.

Given the claims in the article and its obviously wild facts, there was no reason to believe that particular one. But I did – something rang true with it. I slipped up to Damian’s computer feeling like a thief. I’d used it before, of course, and I knew it had deeper access levels. Probably hacked, but he is a genius.

I shot a quick look over my shoulder before I sat in the cool leather chair. Again I knew, logically, that furtiveness would arouse suspicion. Damian would think nothing of me using his computer otherwise. But I couldn’t seem to help it: my hands were clammy and every tiny noise made me start. I wondered if this is what going into battle for the first time felt like.

I was both wrong and right in thinking I’d find answers through my father’s computer. It gave me an ID: Jude Campbell. Head of Research. Government funded. That was all. But it wasn’t in the database. It was on Damian’s computer itself. With it were blueprints for the original residence. At first, I couldn’t see why; then I spotted the architect’s name.

I noticed an anomaly immediately. The original blueprints almost matched the building today, save for some surface buildings that no longer existed. And next to the elevators was an unmarked room.

I pushed my hands along the rough stone walls. Suddenly my nerves didn’t seem so silly. There was no way to make this look innocent. Something gave beneath my probing fingers with a loud click, and a thrill rushed through me as an entire slab of wall swung.

I hadn’t expected a secret door. I actually expected to have to take to a bricked up one with a power tool.

The thrill turned to disappointment as I slipped through the thin gap into an abandoned security room. Everything was in a powered down state, except for a single server, and a fine coating of dust covered the old-fashioned computer systems. A stale smell hung in the air, and I sneezed. This was all?

A green flash caught my eye, and I turned. An operational Iris Recognition Accesspad, but access to what? I approached and ran my fingers over it. Two things were immediately obvious: one, it would take me days to hack it. Two, someone already had, and not that long ago.

Zayne hadn’t given me a time limit as such, but I suspected he wouldn’t wait forever. I didn’t know what he would do – I still didn’t know what he wanted out of this. But I didn’t have time to do things carefully or properly. So rather than analysing and thinking things through, I followed a hunch.

My father knew something. It wasn’t just that he had the information about Jude Campbell on his computer; it was that moment when he saved Lily and I realised everything he wasn’t.

A quick grin crossed my face, so out of place amidst my seriousness that I felt almost guilty. But extracting Damian’s iris scan from his simulator was easy – he spent so long building his theories in it that it was practically burnt into the machine.

I held the hastily created image to the Accesspad with barely steady fingers. I held my breath for one second, two, as the dust sifted around me. The green light flickered, then beat a steady pulse, and my breath exploded from me. The empty wall at my side swung to reveal another secret door and beyond it an overly normal elevator. The doors slid open with only a gentle whisper, and I stepped inside. There was only one option, and I chose it. I went down.

The short, empty hallway at the end of the ride didn’t deter me. I used my false eyes again on the conspicuous Accesspad and slipped through yet another secret door.

I pulled back in shock. My eyes widened, and my heart slammed into my chest. The bright flare of electricity arced in front of me in a terrifying dance of blue and white. I stood frozen, watching the trap and listening to the crackle as it ate the stale air of the tunnels.

It took me another moment to turn and see the next Accesspad. As soon as I used it, the electricity died and the air settled. I moved on – much more carefully. I inched through the area, one eye on the now harmless conduits in case they should burst into life again. That the traps should still be operational... it was unbelievable.

By the time I made it through the multiple halls and flaring traps that quickly became repetitive, the lights had brightened to a normal state of power. I slipped through a final secret door, pushing as it jammed – the first sign of the age of this place. I turned to view a small, bare room, with little more than a bed and sanitary facilities.

It was obviously a hideaway of some sort; for a political prisoner, perhaps, or an unwilling researcher. It made a certain sense. Before we fought the creatures, we fought each other. Something this well hidden was obviously important.

But it didn’t end with Jude Campbell, and so I was obviously missing something.

The answer had to be here somewhere. I had nowhere to look if it wasn’t. So I started banging once more on the walls, the rough stone scraping my skin. At least the air in this room wasn’t so stale: somehow fresh stuff was recycled down even after all this time. I tried to ignore the queasiness in my stomach as I searched.

It was another secret door, of course, and one I almost wished I hadn’t found. As soon as I stepped through it, I recognised what I was in. Even dark, with everything powered down, it had the distinct feel of a laboratory. I had spent half my life in one, due to whatever it was that made me ‘special’.

A secret laboratory; what else, in a prestigious research facility?

My queasiness turned to full on churning as I stood unmoving and stared around. My eyes gradually adjusted to the dark, and the muted light from the equipment illuminated something on one of the counters.

An electronic journal. Jude Campbell’s. I didn’t have to look at it to know that. Was this what Zayne meant? But how did he know about it?

For a moment I was tempted to turn and walk away. Or run away. To pretend I had never seen this. To go back to being an echo of Shane and not, instead, become an echo of our father. Whatever he had found here, it made him what he was. Zayne had said I wouldn’t like this Jude Campbell’s truth.

I took a deep breath, picked up the journal, and booted it up at a random entry.

A small success today... subject is emotional and uncooperative... extracted another chromosomal match and insertion was 80 per cent successful... that stupid woman threatened to withdraw funding. She doesn’t understand the life-changing work I do here... Strands Two and Eight collapsed upon being taken from refrigeration – the necessity for keeping them cold is holding me back.

I flicked through a couple more entries, then stumbled back as the last snared me, my gaze no longer just skimming the words. I glanced up at the other end of the lab, finally seeing what was there. A cage. The air around me seemed to grow even colder.

And so it is done. The funding withdrawn, the Research Centre to be shut down. Just as I’ve achieved success, as I’ve reached the pinnacle of new knowledge. They dare to say they no longer need me. Me. I have made their entire lives possible. And so I will show them just how much they need me. The subjects are functional. The virus has worked the change on their system fully. I was going to classify them, but let others do that. Let their fear name them.

I talked with the subjects, properly, for the first time today. They are full of anger and hatred, but they are also hopeless. In a way, I almost feel sorry for them. But their designated leader laughed at me. He spoke softly from the corner of the room. “I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man’s pity.” He came forward to grip the bars with a strength that should have been beyond him in his emancipated state. The virus has worked its change well. “I wished to be loved by another – by you, brother. I would have given myself to your experiments for just a hint of affection.” His grip tightened and the entire room seemed to shake. “ But don’t give me your pity. You have no emotion to give beyond that, so do not demean us with it. Ever.” He wanted to scare me. He didn’t. His strength was good, his anger better.

I sat in the dark. I stared at the cage, and the ghosts of the past clustered around me. I read more, skipping back and forth, but I barely saw the words. It had all been a lie. We fought and killed and died against those we’d been told were invaders. But they were just us.

The creators will fight the created. The end will not come in my lifetime, but it does not matter. Revenge is worth waiting for.

Current Events: Tomb & Dish Best Served Cold
Previous Events: Twins & A Paranormal Creature; Addition to the Family & Chance Meeting
Word Count: 1755
CC Used: Allowed: Yes. Penalized: None.
The other one
#315 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 9:52 AM Last edited by missroxor : 12th Nov 2011 at 7:14 PM.
Ugh, it's 0130am and I just don't think I can finish in time. Unfortunately it's my 3 bonus pics that I haven't done. Doubt I'll get time to get on the simming computer before midday tomorrow so I'm posting now ...Also, I've gone over on the word limit but again, just run out of time to go through and edit it.

---------------------------

Edited to change the themes used and add pics
---------------------------

Recap: The survivors have been on the island much longer than anticipated with no signs of a rescue party arriving any time soon. Attempts to help themselves by building an escape raft were thwarted when Kelly told the gang that the waters were shark infested. Meanwhile, Adrian is driving Sadie nuts with his stupid theories about them being sucked into an alternate universe by the Bermuda Triangle and later when Ophelia goes missing Amy overhears him pinning the blame on her. Upset she runs off into the woods and Sadie goes following after. Without her knowledge Kelly chases after them leaving only Aiden to man the camp. While running through the woods Sadie hears a scream and fears for Amy’s life.

Current Events: Paranormal Character and Twins
Previous Events: (Chapter 1=) Homeless and Adventure , (Chapter 2=) Dog Days and Funeral
Word Count: 2,081 not including this, the pre-amble or the image formatting
CC Used: Allowed yes, Penalized: no.

Oh God, where is she?! It’s so dark I might as well be blindfolded as I stumble through the trees in what I hope is the right direction. The scream definitely came from somewhere ahead of me; my instincts tell me to veer slightly left which I do. The urgency of her cry has my heart thumping and my legs outrun my mind: more than once I stumble over branches or rocks but if I’m bleeding I don’t feel the pain, I’m focused only on finding Amy.

As my eyes adjust to the darkness I begin to notice silver highlights brushing over the scenery. Twenty or so yards in front of me I spot a pool, black as ink with moonlight rippling out to the water’s edge. Suddenly the stillness of the night is broken by what sounds like a stampede of horses coming from a gap in an outcrop of rocks overhanging the pool. I pause wide-eyed...it couldn’t have been horses, my mind must be playing tricks on me. I cautiously wade through the pool and over to the gap in the rock. Poking my head round the corner I see the faint glow of a distant flame. I feel my muscles tense and realise I’ve been holding my breath. Trying not to panic I remember why I’m here; Amy needs me. I take a deep breath and lift myself into the cavern.

The cavern is small and I see the flame comes from beyond the crude doorway carved of rocks. I creep through the doorway and see the lit torch on the wall illuminating what looks like basic living quarters. This place is inhabited. How? Who?! The shock barely has time to register when a brilliant light shines out from under a large flat rock with foreign symbols painted on it. I edge towards it, beads of sweat forming on my brow... “Kelly?”

Huddled over the light source, Kelly glances over his shoulder, only a brief acknowledgement of my presence.
“Kelly, what the hell is going on? You knew about this place? Please tell me you know where Amy is!”
“Sadie, It’s not what you think, I’ll explain but first I need peace to do this”
“Peace?...Peace?,” a slightly manic laugh slips out. All at once I’m relieved to see Kelly and not some monster but I’m still utterly terrified and confused by the situation, “I’m finding a little difficult to stay calm right now let alone be peaceful! What the hell are you doing that’s more important than finding Amy and Ophelia anyway?”
“I am trying to find them, trust me” he sighs, “getting upset isn’t helping”,
I walk over to him watching as he arranges the glowing crystals on the floor in front of him, “Trust you? Kelly, a minute ago you were just some hot surfer stranded on an island with us and now you’re lurking around in secret caves playing with rocks while half our people have mysteriously vanished into thin air!”
He places the last crystal completing a circle and finally looks me in the eye, “I know this doesn’t make sense now but I need you to stand in the middle of these crystals, it’s a protection circle”.
“What?...is this some kind of devil worship voodoo shit?!”
“Hardly” he scoffs.”Please just do as I say”.

I’m debating whether to bolt or stay to ask more questions when Kelly catches sight of something over my shoulder and pushes me to the floor in the middle of the circle.

“Atlas, dear brother; you brought me a gift” I spin to see a man cloaked in black stood metres from us.
Kelly doesn’t seem at all surprised, “Eumelus, I knew it was you”
I’m dumbfounded, “What? You know this guy? Who are you?!” Looking to the dark one I see he’s the mirror of Kelly, “He...he’s got your face...”
Kelly doesn’t falter, Eumelus has his full attention, “No, Eumelus! Not these ones, not this time.”
“Why should these be any different? They’re only humans” Eumelus scoffs.
Kelly takes his eyes off Eumelus for the first time and looks at me intensely, his brow pinched. I can’t tell if it’s fear or anger I see on his face. Not for the first time I wish I knew him better, perhaps then I could tell the difference. Either way I should probably be running for dear life but my feet have grown roots and I stand like an old oak, stubborn and immobile.

Eumelus looks from Kelly to me and back to Kelly before chuckling softly, “Oh, Atlas, how very touching but I see you didn’t learn your lesson: your soft heart is your biggest weakness. If you come back with me I can assure you, you won’t go lonely, you would have your pick of women, you wouldn’t need this one”

I can see Kelly is struggling to keep composed, “At least I have a heart, you abominable piece of shit.” He catches himself obviously not wishing to show his anger to this guy, “there have been times when I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity or charity, keep your filthy whores”
“Man? My brother, you forget that you are more man than I will ever be?” Eumelus’ sly smirk tells me he is taunting Kelly but I don’t get the joke.
Eumelus looks at me, or rather, through me; I get the feeling I barely register on his give-a-fuck-ometer. Still looking in my direction he addresses Kelly with a lazy sigh, “I guess I could spare one but it would come at a cost”
“Not one, all. This stops now” I’m sure Kelly’s voice just dropped an octave as he roared his demand.
“You’re hardly in a position to bargain, dear brother”
Kelly strains to even his tone, “Eumelus, you don’t need these, you’ve done enough”
“Ha! ...and you think I’ll just give up because you ask nicely?” He laughs aloud, “...If you want the little one and the old one as well as her; you will earn their freedom ...come”. He extends a hand to Kelly.
Kelly’s face is awash with anguish as he bows to toward Eumelus’ demands.

For the second time in a matter of days I wake on this god-forsaken island to my name being yelled by a distraught sounding voice. I sit up bleary eyed and see I’m still in the centre of the circle of crystals only there’s no light in them now. I’m disheartened to see it’s only Adrian.
“What the hell happened?”
“I ...I don’t know” my head throbs as I try to remember.
“Did you find Kelly? Did you know about this place? Did he know about this place? Where the hell is everybody, I’ve been wandering around forever looking for y’all”
“Woah, too many questions, Adrian...I’m as clueless as you are. How did you find me anyway and how long have we been in here?”
He shakes his head, not sure where to start, “It’s been two days. I thought I should try to find you, you know, in case you were all living it up without me on the other side of the island or something. So I started searching the trees and...well, it sounds nuts but I...I thought I saw a horse: a big white horse. I chased it for as fast as I could then I saw it disappear into the rock. Obviously the horse wasn’t inside the rock but, well, I got curious and looked around and here you are”.

I fill him in with the bits I remember, all this passing out is obviously not good for my memory!
Adrian’s face is a picture, “He actually called him Atlas?! Oh my god...do you know what this means? Oh my God, holy shit!-“
“Adrian! Calm down and stop pacing, you’re making me nauseous. Tell me what you’re on about.”
“Did you not listen to a word I said this last week? ...Remember, the theories; Bermuda triangle?...Atlas?”
“um...the titan? I don’t see – “
“No, the other Atlas; the son of Poseidon,...the first King of Atlantis? You don’t remember me telling you any of this?” He throws his arms in the air and sighs impatiently.
“Ok, sorry, I wasn’t listening then but I am now. Wait,...” I scoff, “are you trying to tell me Kelly is Atlas? Kelly is a god?”
“No. He’s the son of one. If anything he’d be a demigod but if the stories are true, Atlas had his most of his powers taken from him so...I guess he’s just a man now...immortal but still just a man.”
“...” Why do I feel like I’m the only sane one left in this hell hole? “Right...um, I’m not saying I don’t believe you but...this is all sounding a bit nuts. Who was this Eumelus guy and what makes you think Kelly is this Atlas demigod guy anyway? I was unconscious, for all we know maybe the whole Atlas thing was just me having a trippy dream about some daft story you told me that got lodged in my sub-conscious”
He thinks for a moment, “oka-ay...but we both had weird horse type encounters and where’s Amy and Ophelia?”

Damn. This last couple of minutes since I came to have been so surreal I almost completely forgot about the reality of the situation. “...my dream or whatever...the guy; Eumelus. He said he had the young one and the old one...that’s why Kelly went with him; he said he was looking for Ophelia and Amy”.
“That might not be a good thing...”
“What do you mean?!” My head spins as Adrian starts to recount the story he’d apparently already told me back at camp.

“So, thousands of years ago Poseidon, God of the seas was given Atlantis as his kingdom. He fell in love with a mortal called Cleito who bore him five sets of male twins. The eldest was Atlas who Poseidon proclaimed King of Atlantis and the great seas. Atlas was said to have inherited his father’s strength and confidence and his mother’s good heart which made him a kind and honourable leader to his people. His twin, Eumelus, is said to have inherited his father’s mean streak and changeable temperament along with his mother’s ambition. Eumelus was jealous, he always felt he would make a better leader than Atlas, If only he’d been born 3 minutes earlier”.

“Instead, Eumelus was destined to serve under his brother as a mere Prince of Atlantis. All the bitterness and resentment that boiled beneath the surface eventually formed a dark cloud that shrouded his thoughts tainting his powers, turning his magic black. Soon Eumelus was teaching the secrets of dark magic throughout Atlantis, turning the simple, virtuous Atlantean people into greedy, power-driven, corrupt monsters. In time they turned against their King, the good and righteous Atlas and were chanting Eumelus’ name”.

“The great God, Zeus saw what had become of the once peaceful and beautiful land and gathered together the other Gods to decide a suitable punishment. Soon, in one violent surge it was gone. The island of Atlantis, its people, and its memory were swallowed by the sea and enveloped by the underworld. Only one tiny outcrop of land remains, the most westerly point of the island near Bimini. Zeus had shown mercy to Atlas by sparing him from the underworld but as punishment for failing his people he was stripped of almost all his magic and commanded to remain on the island as a soul catcher”.

“Soul catcher?” I say raising my eyebrows. “That doesn’t sound good”
“There’s theories that the island is...sort of a gate-way to hell” Adrian says laughing nervously, “Some say, Hades opened a portal on the island and that he uses Atlas’s natural command of the sea to ...you know, pull people to the island, like a magnet so he can take their souls. It’s one of the theories for why people disappear in the Bermuda triangle and given the evidence so far...I mean we were in the Bermuda triangle when the plane went down, this island must be in it too”.
“Wait, you’re saying we’ve literally washed up at the gates of hell...and Kelly is here to usher us through them?”
“I always knew there was something about him,” Adrian says, “didn’t I warn you not to get too close to him?”
Nothing makes sense, I can’t decide if I should be laughing or crying. Instead I just stare ahead in stunned silence.

Lab Assistant
#316 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 11:31 AM
I've lost my muse and interest in my own story.. sorry but i'm going to have to pull out of this round
Lab Assistant
#317 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:10 PM
In chapter two, our heroes met by chance Jude Campbell, an academy companion who didn’t think twice before joining them. The new member Jude turned out to be very helpful, as he anticipated an attack by some demons. Achille, who had been evacuated due to his inabilities of fighting, has been kidnapped by an unknown person. Marysa, whose worries doubled, assisted to this kidnap “by phone”.

Chapter 3: "Not so Fast"

“Sometimes I think I should just leave my soul rest in peace, so that I would drop these responsibilities off…” whispered Marysa
“What?” asked Layla.
“Nothing. Time is running out. Mimi and Pascal aren’t easy to reach for sure. We haven’t seen them for years and letting them know what we’re after will only render things worse.”
“What to do then?” she replied back.
“We cheat.” Suggested Jude.
“We must.” Confirmed Marysa with determination. “Candles Layla?”
“Yes I have some… what will we….”
“Just get them” interrupted Marysa. And so Layla got the candles, and she disposed them in a triangular way.
“Here we go.” Mumbled Marysa
“Their powers are a gift
Let there be a shift
What was theirs will be ours
By the time of two hours”
And the three of them received a shining aura at the end of the spell…

“Don’t tell me you just…”
“Yes Layla, we stole their powers. You will have the ability to multiply yourself. I will be able to control lights and radiations.”
“That for sure is one hell of a cheat” declared Jude. We will soon get a warning by the magicians’ council.
“It’s the only way to proceed. We can’t be stuck any further.”
“BEFORE we proceed, I need to tell you that I have a really strange feeling” said Layla. “I know we’ve been through this last year, but it’s just like everything’s erased from my mind…”

Memories are intact,
Erase them from her mind,
Make them abstract
Or let them be blind
Reject negative impact
In her head something’s signed
Empty all, that’s the fact
Silence forever this hideous act…”
“No Marysa! NOOO!!”

“Mary?”
“Layla please stop calling me—“
“You casted the memory erase spell on HER?!” shouted Jude.
“Wh-what?!” Asked Layla with surprise.
“Jude how did you—“
“Mind reading comes along with mind control. I saw everything you saw…”
“I-I’m confused!” confessed Layla. “Mary did you really do that?!”
“ I couldn’t do anything else. You were traumatized by what happened. You HAD to forget.”
“And what exactly happened?” asked Jude.
“Jude you’re not helping! We must focus on—“
“I want to know!”
“Enough you two! ENOUGH! You want to know what really happened? There you go!
A moment of past,
Seen in a blast,
It’s called déjà vu,
We wonder if it’s true,
Black and White,
In my sight,
End their lack,
In time take them back.”

“Iris, Crystal, get out of my way!”
“No Layla! This world needs to start over! Too much pain, sorrow… This world needs to end…”
“That’s why you are protecting the new born?! This is NOT a reason! This world is ruled by humans! Humans make mistakes; demons take advantage of those mistakes! Now move!”
“Crystal, I’m afraid we’ll have to use our powers…”
“I know Iris, too bad! Seems we have to get rid of our third sister…”
“What? WHAT? Mom wouldn’t be proud of you! She wouldn’t! I cannot believe I’m letting my tears drop for you two!! Farewell…” As she finished those words, Iris and Crystal were already wrapped with fire…

“NO!” Layla burst into tears.
I told you Layla… It wouldn’t have helped… I lied to you. Your sisters aren’t lost, they’re dead…
“You betrayed me! YOU DID! You always told me you would’ve said the truth! ALWAYS! YOU BETRAYED ME!!” she whined.
“Layla please!” interfered Jude. “I admit I would’ve never expected such a reaction…”
“I told you Jude. I told you. Her powers are uncontrollable when she’s angry. She’s dangerous now! Do you think she really wanted to kill her sisters?!”
“ I’m sorry… I really am… I wanted to know more but… and how dangerous could she be?”
“ Just look behind you. The new power she stole is already starting to take control…”

“Oh my… Am I just seeing a million Laylas?!”
“YES YOU ARE. Impossible to fix. She has to learn how to control it, and for that we need her to calm down a bit…”
“Wait a minute…” thought Jude...
“What again?!”
“I was thinking about the setting we just saw… Even last year there was a born child?! And now, again?”
“I can’t believe you are talking about this while Layla is multiplying and Achille is taken!” said Marysa with disappointment.
“But I need to know! I am trying to find a way to fix this!” said Jude with innocence.
“Okay! Fine! Yes last year there was a born child. He wasn’t very dangerous, due to the fact that he inherited nothing but the inability to wield any kind of power from his father, but he was still able to discover his mother’s ones, so we had to have him dead. This year it’s different, it is said that the new born is a cross between the typical demoniac mother and a mortal wielding powers. You know what this means? The true total end of the world. He could kill all mankind and creatures. Happy now?”
“A Human wielding powers and a female demon… Isn’t that forbidden love?”
“It is… and along with that will come forbidden unstoppable abilities…”

“Wow. So we have to get back Achille, calm Layla down and go to kill the child. VERY easy to do.” He said ironically.
“What were you expecting? And remember we will soon have a visit from the magicians’ council. We could stop that if we officially declare ourselves members of the Order.”
“We will do the ceremony as soon as Layla will be back in herself. In the mean time, you cast that spell on me again…”
“Why?”
“I want to know who the father of the new born is… It could help us!”
“I must admit that I didn’t think about it! It could be useful; I need some time though… It’s not any past I’m throwing you in, it’s the past of the mother… I have to intercept her memories and recreate a flashback again…”
“Take your time…”
As soon as Marysa was done, she said “Ok the spell is ready. While you will go through the mother’s past, I will prepare something for Layla… a potion maybe? Anyway you tell me what you see once you’re back…”

I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity. I wished to be loved by a creature, not by a mortal living in a city. But forbidden love let it be, my child will have the name of Calamity; just as the father’s main ability. Creatures of the underworld, I declare my union to this man officially!”

Back to reality, Jude saw Marysa in front of him giving Layla a curing potion …
“So? Did it work?” she asked.
“Better than expected. The new born really is a cross between a mortal wielding powers and the demoniac mother. The father’s powers are calamity and they called the baby that way…”
At the end of this sentence, Marysa dropped the empty potion bottle, letting it shutter in a thousand pieces. “Ca-calamity?!” she said with hesitation.
“Yes!” replied Jude, “is there something wrong?”…
“ DAN IS THE FATHER OF THE NEW BORN?!”

“Dan Packrox?” Interfered Layla. “ It must be him. He was the only one wielding the calamity power at our academy…”
“I see you calmed down a bit…” Remarked Marysa. “This means last year he wasn’t kidnapped. He went to her… And now I understand last day why he reacted that way and left running!! That bastard!! He betrayed us!!”
“Now YOU need to calm down” Added Layla. “I’m glad your potion worked…. Talking about kidnaps, there’s a mystery going on: she always takes a mortal with her when she has a new child… why?
“Nice question…” said Jude.
“Well we have magic and we can use it. Let’s see:
This whole situation became a riddle,
Solve it. Yes, no, I’m in the middle.”
And as this other spell was casted, a key appeared before our heroes…

“A… key?!” said Jude with oddness.
“Now I understand.” Nodded Marysa. “ Those kidnaps she made… they are the key…”
“ THE KEY?!” repeated Jude with intrigue.
“So Achille is “a key” ? “ asked Layla.
“The key to her son’s success. Dan granted to the child very strong powers, so Achille has obviously something they need…”
“I see how it works now…” said Jude, “well then, we must hurry and get him back.”
“You know what that means don’t you… “ whispered Marysa... “This is the second time we try to put an end to her and her baby. We’re at daggers drawn now, we’re going to face something like never before…”
“But we still need to come back to halcyon days…” continued Layla. “I guess this will be the final battle”
“THE final battle of good against evil?” asked Jude. “ You can’t be serious… this means we will have to recruit all the creatures of the upper world….”
“And we will” Confirmed Marysa.

“Not so fast.” Refrained a hard voice. The three paranormals seemed to expect the arrival of this sentence. In fact, it was a tall old man who said it, a man who had an important position in the magician’s council….

CC used: Allowed: YES Penalized: NO
13 pictures taken.
Lab Assistant
#318 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:13 PM
Oh my God. I made it! *fingers crossed* I hope I satisfied the judges' request about revealing a bit of the past...
The other one
#319 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 4:27 PM
Don't judge mine yet! lol. Dai's gonna take the wee one out food shopping so I can get maybe another hour in to work on this. I hopefully will get time to do the pics but either way as I was trying to get to sleep I kept remembering things I meant to do, like fixing the theme :/

Inconceivable!
#320 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 5:57 PM
I stayed up all night last night trying to work on my chapter so I'd at least have something to submit. Unfortunately, I didn't get it done, so unless I get a substantial extension (which I know is not going to happen) I'm going to have to withdraw. I'm posting this from my phone at work right now, and I will be here for the rest of the afternoon which means I won't even be able to turn in my rough (very rough) draft. Sorry guys. I'll hang around though and cheer y'all on.
Scholar
#321 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 6:56 PM
D : way to break my heart, Buckley. I wanted to beat you fair and square, not because you miss a round. Way to just ruin everything.

That said I still love you. PM me later and we'll talk about this new legacy plot lone I'm considering. I <3 you. Can't wait for your round 4.

Oh and 1 hr left, guys.
Zombie Socks
#322 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:08 PM
Previously, Theodora's past revealed how she was kidnapped and held for ransom. In addition to getting shot, her father never showed up with the ransom, leaving little Theodora with the realization that her father was no good. Older Theodora's impression of her father, even after his death, is still very much the same.

It was early morning, and the sheets were warm and the air crisp. A yawn lingered on my lips as I put my feet against the cold floor and walked over to the bathroom. Today was the reading of the will. To me, it seemed like a bitter and unnecessary addition to the funeral. My father was too poor to have any money, and the house and most of his things would be going to his wife and his son, Colton.

Thinking about Colton made a small part of me itch with emotions I couldn't quite place, so I instead focused on mundane things like what I was going to wear and whether it was better to walk or drive. By the time I had finished getting ready, I realized it was getting too late to make many more credible reasons to stall. With a sigh, I grabbed my shoes and headed out.

When I entered the attorney's office building, Colton was already there. The moment I locked eyes with him there was this terrible awkwardness. It felt like we were both waiting for something to happen or the other person to speak. An apology was at the tip of my tongue, but was held back because if I apologized for saying those things about his dad, it would mean I, in some small way, hadn't completely meant them. I wasn't willing to give any leeway to my father, not even after death. It occurred to me that my father wouldn't have cared what I thought of him. The idea only made me hate him more.

“Theodora?” I winced. I had forgotten how friendly Colton was. If he was the type to talk to a 'grieving' girl atop her fathers grave, he was certainly the type to continue what was sure to be an awkward relationship.

“Why do you keep talking to me? I'm probably just going to piss you off again?” I muttered, maybe a little too willing to be honest. I considered it fair warning. If he wanted to make nice with me, not would not be the best time to do it. A headache was already starting to form. I blamed it on Colton.

“Nah, you didn't piss me off,” he said easily, smiling at me in an incredibly dopy way. I thought about the way his face had contorted in anger and his fist had raised. He was such a liar. I wish he would stop trying to be so nice. “Besides, if you keep walking around looking all tragic like that, I can't just leave you alone.”
I sputtered. I did not look tragic!
“That's- That's stupid!” I shouted. My cheeks were turning pink. From anger. Definitely anger.
“Oh come on,” he said with another easy smile and a laugh, “You've got this whole 'I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity' thing going on.”

Okay. This was easier. Now I was definitely mad.
“Are you making fun of me?” I growled. “What part of 'I hate my dad, don't you get? I didn't want him to love me! I wanted him to disappear!”
The smile slipped from Colton's face.
“He did disappear. Isn't that why you hated him?” My fist tightened. Stop talking stop talking stop talking.“Listen, I didn't mean it like that. I think it's cool how you're being so strong about this and I-”
I twisted my head to the side, preparing to turn away.
“Look, just... I don't wanna talk about this. Not right now. If you want, we can get coffee later or something and talk family drama.” As I spoke, I made a mental note to get out of this building as soon as humanly possible and avoid that actually happening. Cowardly? Maybe. Colton was a headache and a smile that couldn't take a hint. All his talk about 'family' and reconnecting with a dead man was really rubbing me the wrong way.

When I entered the will reading room, it occurred to me that not everyone who was here had attended the actual funeral. I picked out the new faces and filed them away in a folder of my brain called 'people to be avoided.' They could go right below Colton on the list. I didn't have a good history with debt collectors. The shot Jude Campbell (which I had learned was an alias) had made in my leg still stung when it got cold and made me limp every now and then.

“Theah-doooora!” Prouncing names wrong and wearing the latest in unusual makeup, it was my Aunt Madim. Calling her 'Aunt' was not actually correct, but she insisted upon it and calling her 'crazy friend of parents they had met in a red light district 10 years ago and had never managed to get rid of and still liked' was a title slightly too long. Also, very awkward to explain. She was a welcome distraction from all the drama and I smiled. Even if the last few days hadn't had been much indication, I wasn't usually this much of a downer. Funerals just have that effect, I guess, even if it's someone you hate.

“Auntie!” I said happily, hugging her. “What are you doing here?”
“Ahhhh, Theahdora,” she said sadly, “I'm so sorry I couldn't make it to the funeral. It was so important, but work is this and that, you know?” That completely explained nothing. Typical Aunt Madim. “Are you alright? This room is so depressing. All these drab colors and drab people. I have half a mind to spirit you away back to my house!” she smiled, “And why not? After this, why don't we go back to my house?”
I nodded, the corners of my mouth lifting into a smile on their own.
“That sounds nice. I'll tell my mom about it afterwards. She's already sitting down.”

Everyone inside arranged themselves into the circular chair setup, and I took a seat between my aunt and mother on an uncomfortable couch. A slim, official man stood up in the middle. He coughed weakly a few times and then began to read off a teleprompter on the wall. Facts and assets and small figures of money to resentful people who he stilled owed much more money to. Half of my brain was already phased off into space when I heard my name mentioned.

“To my daughter, Theodora, I leave 30,000 dollars. In cash.”
My breathe left me. For a minute, I think the whole world left me. This was... I don't even know what it was! I wondered for a moment if it was an accident, or if he just left it in as a joke and no one had thought to take it out of the will? Could this even be real? I could feel my mother holding my arm, looking concerned.

30,000 dollars was the... exact amount. It wasn't even in the same amount. It was given in the same way.

30,000 dollars in cash: The ransom for my life my father had never paid.

Current Events:
-Chance meeting
-Financial Times

Previous Events:
-Funeral
-New Addition to Family
-Adventure
-Betrayal

Word Count: 1207

CC Used: Yes, I love it so.

I got really sick when writing this story, so I put it off until this morning. However, I spent all of last night dreaming about writing this story with the deadline fast approaching. Then I woke up and had to do it all again! Very strange things happen in life, no? Also, in this chapter I tried to show that Theodora is not always irritated or depressed. She's just carrying around a lot of bad feelings about her father and doesn't like it all being shoved in her face at once. I don't know if I'll ever get to show it, but Theordora is actually a fairly happy person and a serious athlete. She loves running and rock climbing and spends most of her free time breaking a sweat. I don't think it'll ever be shown, as there's not much call for running and rock climbing in a story about funerals. *laugh*

I think in this chapter, even if there's lots of things I would have done differently, I'm rather happy with it. Please excuse the fact that this chapter is mainly set up for the next chapters and a cliffhanger. Also, I want to thank the judges for being so kind with my last chapter. I really hated the rushed feeling of it, and you guys being so complimentary is really what kept me writing through a bad cold. I cherish every criticism as much as I do the compliments and I'm really thankful for your kind words!

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
The other one
#323 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:24 PM
Right, I don't have time to make much in the way of edits to my writing but I've updated 3 images and changed the theme to supernatural character Can't wait to see the new round so I can panic about where the hell I'm gonna go from here!

Fus Ro Dah!
retired moderator
#324 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 7:59 PM
Default Round 3
Previously:

Young man named Han joined “The Night Riders” gang to get revenge for the death of his parents.
Recently, one of the best gang men was arrested, so the gang leader decided to get him back in a very dishonorable way. He wanted to kidnap the mayor’s daughter in order to make a trade.
Han was sent to kidnap that kid expecting him to be guy, but he was shocked when he found out that it was a girl. One little mistake and Han failed at his task, the girl wasn’t kidnapped and “The Emperor” was mad at him.

Chapter 3: Spark of Humanity

It was a beautiful day. The warm and fresh air indicated that the summer has finally come. Everyone seemed to enjoy this day, except for the one lonely and woeful man.
Han was standing on top of a high and secluded hill. The whole city was visible from up there, its tall buildings just stood aside like huge concrete statues, absorbing the warmth of the sun. The only sakura tree, surrounded with countless amount of flower bushes, bloomed spreading its soft redolence around the hill. You could tell that this place was somehow special.

That place wasn’t magical, but it was very important to Han. It was also a very important day. Exactly 10 years past since the day when his parents died. Two polished marble tombstones glinted under the sunlight. The engraved letters said „James and Amaya Simmons“.
Time doesn't seem to pass here: it just is. Han was still a child on the inside when he was here. All the memories of his happy life circled in his head like an old movie, bringing him back into his childhood.

After a long period of strain and pressure, Han felt a big relief by coming here. This place was his little sanctuary, a place where he could hide from his troubles.
He brought his father‘s favorite book, which he wasn’t able to finish. Han read it to him every anniversary.
Page went after page, but Han couldn‘t concentrate on what he was reading, his mind was somewhere else. He couldn‘t explain why he felt that way, but that feeling wasn‘t new to him. His empty eyes scrolled through another page until he suddenly stopped. Han was unthinkingly repeating one phrase:
“I wished to be loved by another, but I desire no man's pity.”
That was it, the loneliness. He was lonely for a long 10 years by now. He couldn‘t imagine how someone would be able to love him, he was a criminal. Pity was the best what a criminal could get.

Han‘s loneliness was even more justifiable that day, the gang members seem to keep their distance from him after his fail at the kidnapping. He hasn‘t heard from them for 2 days since that event, he wasn‘t sure, if they are still planning to kidnap that girl again.
That suspense drove Han crazy, Jude‘s plan on keeping the girl safe just started to fall apart. For the second night in a row, Han watched the mayor‘s residence in secret. He felt that he must be aware of what‘s going on.

Everything was terribly quiet, like the silence before the storm.
Han was almost asleep when he heard that someone was at the door of the Hayden‘s residence. He was up all night and day, but the sleepiness went away as soon as he saw Alex, the mayor‘s daughter, heading to her car.
It was pretty late and she was all alone. Han couldn‘t believe his eyes, after the attempted kidnapping she didn‘t hire any protection and she wanted to leave the house alone.

The girl started the engine and slowly rolled downhill. Han jumped on his motorcycle and followed her.
It wasn‘t safe for him to do so, someone could spot him, either the girl or the gang members. Neither was good.

She stopped at the central Bridgeport shop. It was the most popular and most populated place at night. However, it still wasn‘t a safe place to be.
Han went far enough with stalking that girl, it was best for him to leave now, but the curiosity won and he stayed to watch if she would return home safely.

Han waited for about 2 hours for her to return, hiding in the dark parking lot. It almost looked like there’s nothing to worry about, until something familiar flashed in his sight.
The black van slowly drove by the street.
The “Night Riders” van. Han’s stomach did a backflip, as he realized that they were still planning to kidnap her. The unthinkable horror chained Han onto the ground. He needed to do something; he couldn’t let them kidnap her without him.
That moment, the girl came out from the building. There was no time for Han to think, so he did what his instincts told him to do.

– Don’t move. – said Han with the most scary voice he could make. The girl just stiffened in his hands for the moment, but quickly nodded.

– Do you see that black van over there? – he pointed towards the van parked across the street. The girl nodded again.
– That van is here because someone wants to kidnap you; you need to get out out here, quickly. Take a left! – commanded Han. It was a one-way traffic road, so the “Rider’s” van could not follow her.
The girl did as Han commanded, the engine roared and the car rushed away.

The awkward silence lasted for the whole ride. Han ordered to stop only when they were out of the city. The girl finally was able to talk:
– What the hell? Who would want to kidnap me? And why?! – she started. It almost looked like she didn’t even care about the guy who just “kidnapped” her now.
– You mean you don’t know? – asked Han. – Your father just got one of the most important criminals in this city, do you think this would go easy on him? – He sounded like it was the most obvious thing in the world. And it was.
– Oh, I see. – she said narrowing her eyelids.
– Why didn’t you hire any protection? It seems that you haven’t learned anything from the last time we met. – Han felt that he shouldn’t tell this, she knows too much already.
– Protection? I didn’t know anything about the kidnap until now, how could I have known that I needed it?
Han wanted to do a face palm, but his hand just smacked in to his helmet:
– What do you think was the reason that I broke in to your changing room before?
Girl’s expression changed from complaint into horror:
– You are one of them.

The moment of silent was the most unpleasant thing in Han’s life. The girl just realized that he wasn’t her savior, he was something much worse.
– Why are you doing this? Why did you save me from them? Isn’t that a betrayal to your … Um, collaborates? - she finally interrupted the unpleasant silence.
Han didn’t answer straight away, he realized that this foolish move could cost him everything.
– I … I have my own motives to do so. – he said quietly. – You really need to get good protection. If I was able to get to you, then they could do that too. I can’t watch your back anymore, it probably won’t be such pleasant chatting if we meet again!
– You were watching me? – her eyes were so popped out that he could see his reflection in them.
– Yes, I had to. – slight guild rankled trough his chest when saying this. – Now do as I say, go home and hire an army!
After these words Han turned around to went away.
– Wait. – the girl stopped him. – What’s your name?
– Why do you want to know that? – that question left Han surprised.
– Since you were following me, I think I have the right to know. – stated the girl. She was right, it would be a fair price to pay to someone you have stalked, but it was too risky.
– I can’t tell you that. – said Han. – You could just turn me in.
– Okay, then at least can I see your face? I can’t turn in someone whom name I don’t know.
Han struggled for a while, the girl’s hands reached his helmet.
– I can’t let you do that either. – he bounded her hands. It was just too risky, by showing his face he could loose an opportunity to watch her again without being recognized. The girl looked a bit disappointed at first, then asked politely:
– Oh, do you have some sort of scar or something that you are ashamed of? It’s okay, you don’t have to do this. – she tried to smile.
– Yeah… I have. – Han thought it was a good reason to cover his real intentions. – Now go!
Another moment of silence passed until Han finally went away.

Han’s words didn’t creep the girl out, she seemed to maintain an unusual equanimity. The knowing that she has been watched somehow made her very curious, it was like a hide and seek game in her dull life. Being a mayor‘s daughter meant more than just being a good girl, it also meant that she couldn‘t do anything without the supervision of her father. Her freedom was a vague term. The bunch of unsmiling and boring bodyguards was the last thing she wanted.
Han may have made a foolish move, but not as foolish, as the girl will make.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Events: Tomb, Betrayal
Previous Events: Emperor of Evil, Murder, Chance Meeting, Dog Days
Word Count: 1477 (MS Word)
CC Used: Allowed: Yes (Hair by me, Skin by Lemoleaf, eyes by Escand, other stuff by The Store), Penalized: No

For more Sims 3 stuff by me - visit Ace Creators
My FB Fan page - Elexis's Sims Stuff
My Simblr - ElexisSims
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
Original Poster
#325 Old 12th Nov 2011 at 8:13 PM
Round 3 is now closed for judging. Below, Round 4 is posted. It has also been updated on the main page.

Round 4 – Falling Action - Countdown
Your story should start coming together at this point. Will your conflict that has been introduced be resolved? Your readers should be able to tell where the story is going and if your character will be able to settle the issues. You need a maximum of 12 pictures, minimum of 9 and a maximum of 1,200 words, minimum of 1,000.

Excerpt: Choose ONE of the following quotes.
“Never take an oath unless you're sure you would rather die than break it” Ken Follett, Pillars of the Earth
“Hunger is the best seasoning.” Ken Follett, Pillars of the Earth

Round 4: Bonus Worth 10 points
Choose a third event/theme from the main list of 20 and incorporate it along with the 2 required ones.

Please include a brief summary (around 100 words) before your entry.

Also, please include information listed below your entry:
Current Events: What did you use this chapter?
Previous Events: Here you will keep a running list of what you have already used.
Word Count:
CC Used: Allowed ____, Penalized: ____ This can be as simple as a yes/no response

Page 13 of 16