Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2023 at 10:16 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Pets
Default COATSET Files Not Showing In Game
Hoping someone could help me out here. I have spent the last few days trying to get 40+ premade horse coats into my game but for whatever reason they wont show up. All CC the creator used is listed on the page and I made sure to download all of it. I literally just installed the final marking that I was having issues finding a link for and for some reason most of the coats are still not showing up. I have followed the instructions on the CC's page and also other tips that I've found from people trying to download the same CC. The rest of my CC is absolutely fine and is all in .package files so could the issue maybe be the file type? Any help would be appreciate. Thanks

Coats I'm trying to download are all of the ones on this page:
http://raymondequestriancentre.weebly.com/coats.html
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 4:55 AM
Have you placed these in the location that page tells you to install them?
These shouldn't be installed like CC, or be where .package files go.

These go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/SavedOutfits and ingame are found under presets, not markings.

It might help to provide a screenshot of where they are installed, if you have already done all of that.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Have you placed these in the location that page tells you to install them?
These shouldn't be installed like CC, or be where .package files go.

These go to Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/SavedOutfits and ingame are found under presets, not markings.

It might help to provide a screenshot of where they are installed, if you have already done all of that.

Yes. Ive tried putting them in correct folder. I also tried them in my usual CC folder. When neither option worked I put all of the files in both folders. Is there a way to convert the coat set files to .package files?
Instructor
#4 Old 13th Jul 2023 at 11:50 PM
They're fundamentally a different thing and cannot magically become packages.
Coatsets are nothing but a preset and belong in SavedOutfits. Double check the fullbody horse presets, there should be an option to filter by custom content to get the EA ones out of the way.

Again, a screenshot of the files in their install location would help troubleshoot. Some eagle-eyed players may be able to spot a small mistake stopping it from working
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Jul 2023 at 11:20 AM
They're fundamentally a different thing and cannot magically become packages.
Coatsets are nothing but a preset and belong in SavedOutfits. Double check the fullbody horse presets, there should be an option to filter by custom content to get the EA ones out of the way.

Again, a screenshot of the files in their install location would help troubleshoot. Some eagle-eyed players may be able to spot a small mistake stopping it from working

I thought that was the case. Even filtering by custom content, my other CC coats (all are .sims3pack files and in my CC folder) and the coats I've made myself and saved in game are showing up fine. It's just the .coatset files that are being problematic. Here's a screenshot of some of the files and the folder that they are in:
Instructor
#6 Old 18th Jul 2023 at 5:20 AM
That's definitely strange! All looks fine.
Don't have Pets enabled on my game at the moment, but I may look into it.

Coat presets you have made yourself should technically have output as .coatSet themselves, are they being saved elsewhere or as a different format?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2023 at 8:18 PM
That's definitely strange! All looks fine.
Don't have Pets enabled on my game at the moment, but I may look into it.

Coat presets you have made yourself should technically have output as .coatSet themselves, are they being saved elsewhere or as a different format?

I'm honestly not sure. I don't think they are but it's possible? I'll look into it when I get the chance.
Would renaming files cause any damage to them? I'm thinking I might go through and remove them all, then re add them individually to see what coats are what and then rename them all so that I know which files are for which coats when I eventually upload them for some friends to download. Hopefully it'll also help me to find which files I'm missing