Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2576 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:26 AM
I was also quite positively shocked about James' review and it convinced me to not buy Pet Stuff. If even a game changer doesn't think, it's worth the money... But I also don't"t understand his breaking point.
No toddlers? He doesn't really play with families. Iffy build mode? Hey, you have to get used to new stuff!
No CAS? Well, he's a builder and it should be important to him, buuuuut.... You know, can't have everything.
Stuff Pack he doesn't like? Let's. Burn. All. Bridges!!!!
Glad, he found his voice though. Like his LPs.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2577 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara

TheSimSupply just posted his review about the pet SP and I'm honestly surprised. I really enjoy his building videos, but I often feel like he'll praise everything about TS4. I rarely see him complain and if he does then it feels like he covers it up quickly.
But in this new video he's really annoyed by basically everything - the separate childroom set, the tube wall decals, the third child experiment table thingy, the only round glass table that doesn't work as aquarium, the silly adventures of the hamsters etc.
I'm happy about this video It's important that big Youtubers use their influence to inform other people about such things. Not every Sims player visits forums or news sites.
And at the end he even shows how to do recolors

Also, the part at 15:05 where he compares the Cats & Dogs items to the My First Pet Stuff items and starts switching forth and back, and yelling "You can't even tell it's changing! IT LOOKS EXACTLY THE SAME!"

This also happens to be the best tutorial for T-Shirt recolor I've ever seen for TS4. :D
Field Researcher
#2578 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:38 PM
I’m impressed that James gave it a harsh review. Wonder if he will be at Sims Camp this year?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2579 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I was also quite positively shocked about James' review and it convinced me to not buy Pet Stuff. If even a game changer doesn't think, it's worth the money... But I also don't"t understand his breaking point.
No toddlers? He doesn't really play with families. Iffy build mode? Hey, you have to get used to new stuff!
No CAS? Well, he's a builder and it should be important to him, buuuuut.... You know, can't have everything.
Stuff Pack he doesn't like? Let's. Burn. All. Bridges!!!!
Glad, he found his voice though. Like his LPs.

His breaking point is bills. While EA may not pay him directly, him getting easily access to context helps his channel tremendously. I think even he knows that this would make him look incredibly shallow, regardless of how much he’s let go of in the past.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#2580 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
hold on... So they're telling us that they didn't remove anything from the cats and dogs pack to sell later. Wasn't that cat head litter box in the Cats and Dogs trailer? Or one of the teasers for it? I remember pointing it out and complaining about it...

They probably actually didn't remove anything, but decided LATER for whatever reason to create theme design from C&D (lack of creativity/inspiration or plain lazy?) , but HEY since we're EA let's not patch it in and just let's rip off the fans with overprice stupid pack. Honestly, I really don't care If they had it planned before or after the release of C&D to repack this recycled item. I'm just really looking forward when TS4 dies or ends.
Instructor
#2581 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
They probably actually didn't remove anything, but decided LATER for whatever reason to create theme design from C&D (lack of creativity/inspiration or plain lazy?) , but HEY since we're EA let's not patch it in and just let's rip off the fans with overprice stupid pack. Honestly, I really don't care If they had it planned before or after the release of C&D to repack this recycled item. I'm just really looking forward when TS4 dies or ends.

Both The Sims 2 and The Sims 3 had about 4 years lifespan. The Sims 2 was started in 2004 and the last stuff pack (EP9) was out in 2008. The Sims 3 was started in 2009 and the last EP, Into the Future was out in 2013, though Maxis released patch 1.67 in January 2014 and Origin patch (1.69) in November 2015. The Sims 4 will turn 4 years old this year. Who knew maybe Seasons (or whatever this year's EP) would be the last one, or maybe EA wouldn't want to finish ripping off too soon.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Scholar
#2582 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:28 PM
If you have the small pets stuff, there is a mod that adds 9 additional pets. See, if there had been this many pets plus some reptiles and birds the pack wouldn't have been half so bad and such a waste! (also with no cats and dogs-recolors *eyeroll*) http://kalino-thesims.tumblr.com/po...ge-and-recolors
Field Researcher
#2583 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:54 AM
Looking at what is happening now, I had an idea. And what if the developers cut out Cast not because it is too "heavy" for the game, but in order that they can then make a bunch of textures for one object?
Theorist
#2584 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 9:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
If you have the small pets stuff, there is a mod that adds 9 additional pets. See, if there had been this many pets plus some reptiles and birds the pack wouldn't have been half so bad and such a waste! (also with no cats and dogs-recolors *eyeroll*) http://kalino-thesims.tumblr.com/po...ge-and-recolors

:/
I'm loving this comment for the fact that the mod exists, but also disliking it because it's condoning the sale and purchase of that disgusting cash grab of a pack.
Instructor
#2585 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 10:31 AM Last edited by legacyoffailures : 26th Mar 2018 at 10:49 AM.
I'm loving this comment for the fact that the mod exists, but also disliking it because it's condoning the sale and purchase of that disgusting cash grab of a pack.

Mods shouldn't be there to fix something, moreover if it's a thing that requires another DLC. But then again some people will never learn anything and EA/Maxis will only be more motivated to release junks.

p.s: the mod is meh, I thought it would've had turtles, snakes, birds and small reptiles. Also someone on here made animated frogs and alligator mods and they're interesting as they're base game compatible.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#2586 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:47 AM

It's also pointless, as game updates will come and with a fact, for sure it will break it so there goes down your mod.
Mad Poster
#2587 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 11:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Mods shouldn't be there to fix something, moreover if it's a thing that requires another DLC. But then again some people will never learn anything and EA/Maxis will only be more motivated to release junks.

To some extent, I agree with this.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2588 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 3:16 PM
Look who is mainstream now. Good Job, EA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYVAIrvYi4

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Theorist
#2589 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
Look who is mainstream now. Good Job, EA.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_LYVAIrvYi4

well looks like I found another Youtuber to follow.
Lab Assistant
#2590 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
p.s: the mod is meh, I thought it would've had turtles, snakes, birds and small reptiles. Also someone on here made animated frogs and alligator mods and they're interesting as they're base game compatible.

I mean, the mod does say part 1, that to me makes me think (and hope) that more little creatures like reptiles and such may be created for part 2 or something. I'm not sure about birds though as I assume that'd need extra modding rather than just recolours.

But this mod does genuinely make me want the SP a little, but I still refuse to pay £10 for it. I don't think it's worth anything more than £5, and even that's reaching a bit due to the fact it should've been included in the EP anyway.
Mad Poster
#2591 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:08 PM
Any news If SimSupply got his influencer license revoked by EA as of yet?
Forum Resident
#2592 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 9:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Any news If SimSupply got his influencer license revoked by EA as of yet?

We'll see if he'll get the LGR treatment and stop receiving free review copies of the packs.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#2593 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:03 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 31st Mar 2018 at 11:17 PM.
A bit off-topic, but I noticed @DeservedCriticism is banned again. A few posts back, he did get into an argument, and just when EA_Mage intervenes or any way contributed to the thread he is in, and that could mean... yikes.

From my perspective, doesn't look like he broke the rules or did much harm, so when he said back in early of March in here that "EA is sending mods to ban people that question people to give their reasoning for their opinion" he might as well be telling the truth.
Field Researcher
#2594 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:48 PM
@DeservedCriticism didn't break any rules at all. There is one particular person on the EA forums who loves to hijack threads and then bait people. He then accuses them of flamebaiting him... then he reports it. That happened to me. I had a couple of my posts deleted after this person basically insulted me for having an opinion and then flag my post. Of course this person is a full out ass kissing supporter of TS4 and hijacks any thread that has any kind of criticism of the game.
Mad Poster
#2595 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:54 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 1st Apr 2018 at 12:05 AM.
Sucks there's no place to discuss bans in there, because there are some good people in there that are critics that I would love to address the concern of Mod's behavior/spiteful agenda, but I guess they will be left confused in the shadows and oblivion as to what happened to the most #1 upvoted person. Might be not long after the will begin to be fished out of the water by the evil mod, but I doubt they are that daring as the number 1 critique that questions people's rainbow-fart voices.

Now I learn EA does give a flipping flippidy flip fuck on the image people form about them or their product and how immature that they for sending mods to just protect their thick skins when a gloomy cloud starts slowly hurling thunder in the midsts of a sunny clear day. Might be the sign of TS4 slowly failing or falling apart, as I can't see any reason why they attempt taking such paranoid tactic. "Shhshh, nobody needs to know the faults and flaws of our product when it's already receiving a shitstorm murder of crows in the receptions".
Field Researcher
#2596 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:35 AM
I know it's bad for me to say this...but I really want all this shit to blow up in EA's Face. All the banning of anyone who has constructive criticism of the game, and allowing us to be bullied by other players and mods because we are pointing out what's wrong. The crappy part is... That is what the freakin Feedback section is for....FEEDBACK. But I think that section is really just for show. Cause all these threads that are about how the game sucks now more than ever, and how all the content is being broken up, and on and on...all those threads are getting closed or comments deleted by mods. I just want it to stop. I want EA to never touch a sim title ever again. Someone else needs to take it over (that actually cares about gaming) and make it a wondrous fun game again.
Field Researcher
#2597 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
@DeservedCriticism didn't break any rules at all. There is one particular person on the EA forums who loves to hijack threads and then bait people. He then accuses them of flamebaiting him... then he reports it. That happened to me. I had a couple of my posts deleted after this person basically insulted me for having an opinion and then flag my post. Of course this person is a full out ass kissing supporter of TS4 and hijacks any thread that has any kind of criticism of the game.

Yup, I have seen this a lot. Very frustrating.
Scholar
#2598 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel

TheGoodOldGamer, right? Yeah, he's massively annoying and a total EA shill. And DeservedCriticism gets banned again simply for telling the truth.

Also, I'm Team Hamster today, but don't mistake that for me being Team My First Pet Stuff. :P
Mad Poster
#2599 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:53 PM
If only more people joined the band wagon and continue doing the same as our fam so a mass of ban hammers would start smiting members in the forum and it would be left with nothing than full of dead bodies and sewers with blood... well, that not kind of fitting visual but basically leaving the place with a tumbleweed rolling in a big silence of ea's/mod's part fail.
Field Researcher
#2600 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
TheGoodOldGamer, right? Yeah, he's massively annoying and a total EA shill. And DeservedCriticism gets banned again simply for telling the truth.

Also, I'm Team Hamster today, but don't mistake that for me being Team My First Pet Stuff. :P

Yes... it's TheGoodOldGamer.... He is a genuine tool. And EA allows this POS to bully, and flamebait everyone on the forums. Those Mods at EA are going to need to surgically remove GoodOldGamers Lips from their asses when this is all over.
Page 104 of 141