Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
#751 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:02 AM
Well, I've got a shell with some basic furniture. Trying to figure out colour scheme.
Advertisement
Instructor
#752 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 8:24 AM
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#753 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 12:50 PM
Thanks Gayars - I hope our judges are back and fit soon.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#754 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 1:06 PM
I am working on it slowly. Just tired and not in the right head space.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#755 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 4:18 PM Last edited by gazania : 15th Mar 2018 at 11:20 PM.
I think that some of us have been really overwhelmed lately. As far as I'm concerned, scores and comments will come when they come.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if my bungalows would work better in a mountain setting. My inspiration pic was taken in Maine, and while Maine has a lovely beach area (been there), it's hardly tropical! But that would leave the beach/tropical location for the cultural setting. I did it once before with my custom hood and the historic garrison. Actually, maybe twice when I made a Kids' Discovery Museum on a flattened beach lot in my main hood. That might count as cultural, too. It was complete with a small petting zoo featuring local animals, rooms dedicated to different subjects, such as geology, technology, make-believe and art, and it had an aquarium on the top floor ... one of the few times I actually built on a large lot, since I generally prefer small-to-medium sizes. It also had the pirate ship. (I just make sure no one even THINKS of trying to have anything to do with that ghost, just in case something messes up.) Oh, and it had a small food stand. So it's not like I've never done it. I will have to find another inspiration.

In the case of the Discovery Place, though, I sincerely doubt we'd get the budget for me to try THAT again. It is also my most expensive lot. I think it's two or three hundred thousand Simoleons. It also took me weeks to make it, because things would go wrong. I'm STILL picking out the fog-makers that I thought would be a nice effect, but they worked too well, and I was a little too over-zealous using them. You couldn't see the entire second floor! And of course, I made them invisible. Not exactly sure what I was thinking there! I think I missed one. Still trying to find it.

So .... third time might be a charm?

I might switch the landscaping out and see which layout for the bungalows works better. Gut feeling says mountain.

Oh, and the answer is really late with this one, but I believe you can start a hotel on a community OR a residential lot. Some prefer community; others prefer residential. I prefer community because of the phone ... I find it easier, and I lean toward making community lots more than residential. Others may choose residential because they could always use the lot as a residence. I did that a version of that with my failed hotel ... took the community lot I saved and changed it to residential. It failed as a hotel, but made a nice residence. A little pricey at around 150K Simoleons, but motherlode/motherlode/motherlode, and my test Sim and her daughter are quite happy there. I owe it to this Sim. She's my main lot tester in my one of my three test hoods, and I make her work quite hard at it. I've grown attached to her over the years!

However, with a little help from a mod that lets you change out the phone to a mailbox, you can change zoning from community to residential around without difficulty, if you change your mind.* I do not believe your preference will blow up your hood at any rate. I could be wrong, though.

*Maybe not. The site is down right now, and Wayback can't seem to produce the download. You might have to do a WCIF for this one..

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Mad Poster
#756 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 5:50 PM
I grew so attached to a test sim that he now has grandchildren
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#757 Old 15th Mar 2018 at 11:16 PM
Your sims need a community phone because if you want to leave the holiday you click on it and end vacation so yes the public phone is really needed. I downloaded a lot a few years back and realized when I went to leave it had no public phone (also it spawns the tour guide) I had to open up the cheat box so that I could place the public phone for my sim to leave. You can purchase one in either community or residential zoning to start with, but it does not need a mail box so that can be removed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#758 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:05 AM
I am looking for Moroccan themed CC

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#759 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
Top Secret Researcher
#760 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:29 AM
These contests are completely responsible for my constant searches for cc! Extract: double click, double click, double click, double click, double click... About to search again. *waves*
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#761 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
Parsimonious has some I think?
I know I have been there :D

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Field Researcher
#762 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
I know I have been there :D

Anything specific that you're looking for??? I have often wished that we could use stuff from the dh sims site. No one has watched over that one in years. I've tried on multiple occasions to contact, but you get more response from poking a dead dog
Mad Poster
#763 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Red Sonja
...I have often wished that we could use stuff from the dh sims site. No one has watched over that one in years. I've tried on multiple occasions to contact, but you get more response from poking a dead dog

Why can't you use his things ? With a link and credit, of course?
...If I upload something it will have maxis-match CC (which his isn't) But, if I build for myself, I use his stuff everywhere!

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#764 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:19 PM Last edited by gazania : 16th Mar 2018 at 4:30 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Why can't you use his things ? With a link and credit, of course?
...If I upload something it will have maxis-match CC (which his isn't) But, if I build for myself, I use his stuff everywhere!

I've used his stuff for some time. You can see the attention to detail in his work, even though the stuff is older. While the age shows a little in-game, it's not distracting. I don't see anything saying you can't use it.

Donation stuff may be a gray area, though. Retexturing .... maybe as well, though it would spruce up the CC a little. However, there is nothing saying you CAN'T retexture or recolor it.

Mad Poster
#765 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 4:44 PM
You know you are going to kill my downloads folder - since I have never heard of him before. (Going to have some fermented juices first )
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#766 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 5:01 PM
well since TECHNICALLY you are just building to take pictures of it for the contest, there is no reason you can't actually use it for the contest.
Mad Poster
#767 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 6:10 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 16th Mar 2018 at 6:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
You know you are going to kill my downloads folder - since I have never heard of him before...

*Hands over an assortment of bottles* Here's to help restock - Thanks!
Dincer made some absolutely gob-smacking beautiful sets in the early days of TS2 (He started creating for TS1 - I even donated to him back in those days!)
You gotta check out his Victorian and NeoClassic stuff, and his Rosewood set... Oh, an don't forget the Atomic/Pets matching Retro set...
Here's the correct link: DH Sims Site
(the one I gave before went to his TS1 stuff - ooopsie! Sorry!)

ETA: Specifically the Japanese, Chinese, Moroccan, and Egyptian stuffeths can be found HERE

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#768 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 7:59 PM
I am definitely going to have a look Fortunately I haven't started the downloading spree yet, or my downloads might have been full of Sims 1 stuff.

In the meanwhile, the bar is open
Mad Poster
#769 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 8:52 PM Last edited by gazania : 17th Mar 2018 at 5:15 PM.
So according to the TOU (read them again), no recoloring or including them in an upload (no redistribution). It's not so different from other TOUs. Link to the page, etc. I think you're good.

Top Secret Researcher
#770 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 9:45 PM
Oh no, my downloads folder is going to be straining under the weight...
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#771 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:05 AM
Ok a few questions for some of the contestants

There are a few instances which presuppose some sort of playable custom content, things like custom food stands and invisible floor dividers (we are assuming) that make a difference on whether a lot is playable or not, so please specify in the thread if it is so, and for the next round mention it in the description of your lot pictures uploads please so you don't get a hit on your playability score
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#772 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 1:10 AM
I used a CC food stand in my lot found here

Space Pony
#773 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 2:45 AM
Default ROUND 2 - Playalong- Late as always- SPA
Yes I am always late at these days..

First time... I was trying to be clever with Lot Adjuster.. ah well forgot the backup... 2nd time.. you know how near of eachothers are the buttons to lotbin and to buldoze??? VERY!

So here we go 3dr attemt!.. spa.. theme is Asian.. testsim was Mary Sue Pleasant, after divorced Daniel and girls at uni she needed company, so why not lots of pets to go with her to the holiday (THANK YOU LAMARE <3)

Mandatory pics

And then to 10 extra pic

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
Original Poster
#774 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 3:03 AM
:lovestruc Lovely

and here is a link... I found thought it might be helpful!

https://www.mtsims-cakestore.com/%E...7%94%9F2-sims2/
Instructor
#775 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 8:47 AM
Is that countdown timer for the judges or for us..because I have a feeling I won't be in the next round..really messed up my game or SimPE..I was doing things that I know I shouldn't be doing because I don't know how to mesh..but I as also getting help..well now I can't get my recolors in my game..did a fix on the game and redownloaded SimPE..but still no recolors are showing or maybe 1 then when I do the next one the first one won't show but the second one will..sometimes..it's complicated..but now it looks like I may have to redownload the game to make sure..going to be doing that today..so I hope that countdown is for the judges..

Page 31 of 59