Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2018 at 10:11 AM
Default Grave Inscriptions all going blank and ghosts disappearing!
I just noticed that all my gravestones are one by one losing their epitaphs and missing their ghosts. I didn't even notice at first but then realized that their ghost eventually stopped showing up. For quite awhile I'd have up to 3 ghosts at a time and now I have none because all their gravestones no longer function. I found one thread that had many people experiencing this issue but with the added problem of the family member disappearing from their relationships and family tree. The family members all still show up here for me but not on their gravestones. Recently deceased gravestones still function normally. It may still be an issue of culling but is there anyway to get them back?
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 10:46 PM
It's a (rotten) game feature Maxis added with the Cats & Dogs patch. All gravestones/urns are now on a hidden countdown to oblivion. To reset the countdown you have a new interaction on gravestones/urns to strengthen bond with natural world. If you do not do this before hidden countdown expires the ghosts are sent to the netherworld, never to be seen again. Practically deleted from the game, except the data needed to keep them on family trees - the netherworld. Plus you have to keep doing it over and over to keep resetting the hidden countdown.

If you wish to stop the hidden countdown completely, here is a mod to do it - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...g-indefinitely/

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
It's a (rotten) game feature Maxis added with the Cats & Dogs patch. All gravestones/urns are now on a hidden countdown to oblivion. To reset the countdown you have a new interaction on gravestones/urns to strengthen bond with natural world. If you do not do this before hidden countdown expires the ghosts are sent to the netherworld, never to be seen again. Practically deleted from the game, except the data needed to keep them on family trees - the netherworld. Plus you have to keep doing it over and over to keep resetting the hidden countdown.

If you wish to stop the hidden countdown completely, here is a mod to do it - http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...g-indefinitely/

Hmm, weird. I'm not sure if that's what was happening in this case but I'll definitely grab that mod! Thank you!
I ended up in the household inventory for something and noticed a bunch of headstones in there. When I placed them on the lot they had all the old inscriptions! All the original headstones were still in the cemetery but it was like the game has copied them, placed them all in the household inventory and replaced the ones on the lot with blank ones. I dunno. But I deleted them and placed the copied ones from the inventory and they all work again. The ghosts are all also back. I also made sure the game wasn't culling family ghosts with MCCommand. So, hopefully the issue is fixed!