Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:43 AM
Default Webcomic: Questionable Content
I was wondering if anyone else here reads Questionable Content. I love this comic

I should warn you, there is a little bit of swearing and stuff in it. Not overly, though.

Also, you should read from comic #1, that's what I did :D

Twitter | Tumblr | YouTube

28/11/07
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 10:34 AM
I do!!! I've been reading it religiously ever since I discovered it a couple of months ago (read the early stuff too mind you) I don't get the indie rock puns because that's not my kind of music but I looove the comic! :D

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 1:29 PM
I don't get most of them, but I laugh along anyway

28/11/07
Alchemist
#4 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 1:53 PM
Hehehe yep, Jeph's humour is pretty deep at times. It's one of the reasons I got hooked on that comic And I'm a die hard Faye/Marten shipper, although I do like Dora. Hannelore is just adorable, and seems so vulnerable among those snarky females <3

#5 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 2:02 PM
I just began reading it a few weeks ago, It's pretty good.
Luckily I do get (most) of the indie rock references, that's probably one of the main things I like about this webcomic, it's about something I know.

Oh, and I'm also a Faye/Marten shipper.
#6 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 5:47 PM
Who doesn't love QC, honestly! On the favorite webcomic topic, there's like...a million of us whining about how much we love Winslow. xD
#7 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 9:03 PM
I do! it's on my ever growing list of favorites :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 2:27 AM
Aww, Winslow <3. And I like Hannelore too, she's so innocent :P

28/11/07
#9 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 10:11 AM
I always love looking through web comics from teh beginning because you can see how the art progresses through time. and I suppose the humor also changes. Sometimes.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 10:13 AM
Yes, I've noticed that especially in QC. Compare comic #1 to comic #400-500 whatever. The artwork goes from like :eviltongu to :D

28/11/07
Alchemist
#11 Old 6th Jul 2006 at 10:21 AM
lol but you know, the change was so gradual I didn't actually notice it much when I first read the whole thing. But when I look back now I'm amazed.

#12 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 1:47 PM
although to be honest, I like the early art style of QC than the recent stuff.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 1:08 AM
Out of the current 45 webcomics (ever increasing) I read QC is the number one. Amazing it truly is, if you don't read it, shame on you!

Yeah I didn't notice the style change while reading either, and it has really motivated me to take up drawing again since I can draw like the first few comics. Just need a few years of practice now. lol

Go to www.iceows.com download the 1meg packet extractor, install. Now stop complaining about *.rar files!!!
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 25th Jul 2006 at 7:56 AM
You can see anybody art change if they're around lonng enough, Penny Arcade is probably the biggest improvement when you go back and look atthe early stuff.

I've been reading QC for some time now...

The Hannelore space thing, is that for real? o_O

I'm assuming it is, since you've got the athroPCs running around.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
lol but you know, the change was so gradual I didn't actually notice it much when I first read the whole thing. But when I look back now I'm amazed
Same here. I mean, I did notice it, but not for a while. I just sort of went "Hey! This looks different! Omgwtfbbq!"

28/11/07
Field Researcher
#16 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 4:33 PM
Ah, I just discovered QC (thanks to all the people here who like it! :P), and I love it! When I read it through the first time, I didn't even notice the changes until I was around half way through, and thought "wait a second - it didn't start like this!" Hee hee, my class notes and homeworks have little Pintsizes all over, perpetrating various crimes.

The indie rock stuff is confusing (classical rock fan here...), but most of the time even those comics are funny, whether I know the band or not!

It's funny, when I was reading it the first time, I got to the part where Dora kisses Marten for the first time, and I was thinking, oh, I've actually seen this before! How could I not have noticed? (I saw it on one of your earlier avatars, Catwalk!)

I'm rambling now, so I'll stop...

*mwahaha*

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Field Researcher
#17 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 8:24 PM
I'm trying to read it now, but the first comic for some reason is loading the image about 1/100 (seriously) of the way, stopping for a minute, loading another 1/100, stopping, etc.
I'm gonna be 30 by the time I get through them all -feels left out-
#18 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpacemanHPSpiff
It's funny, when I was reading it the first time, I got to the part where Dora kisses Marten for the first time, and I was thinking, oh, I've actually seen this before! How could I not have noticed? (I saw it on one of your earlier avatars, Catwalk!)

I like to ruin suprises.

I'm really sad Steve and Ellen aren't together anymore. But am I the only one in the world in love with Steve? Seriously? I love that guy. xDDDD
Field Researcher
#19 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 9:49 PM
I like Steve too! He's a bit of a sleaze, but in a funny way. And he's respectful.

Grrr, it makes me sad too! I hope they get back together, but getting back together over and over again might be repetitive. but I still hope they do!

On the plus side, however, the tequila monster might come back... :P

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
#20 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:43 PM
I'm re-bumping this, A, because it's been forever, and B, cause I love me some QC. :D
Inventor
#21 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:51 PM
My every weekday morning starts with reading QC, for the past 2 years it's the starting page on which my webbrowser opens.

I love Hannelore and of course Pintsize.

And as someone asked before, I do believe the Hanners growing up in a space-station thing is true.
#22 Old 13th Jan 2008 at 11:07 PM
It's good, I pick it up every now and again.

Back in the day, I liked MegaTokyo more, but the storyline took a nosedive in 2003/2004 or so and I never went back.
#23 Old 10th Mar 2008 at 6:17 PM
*bumps* QC is pretty much the greatest thing ever. The AnthroPCs are so cute!! I want one. I love the whole Pintsize vs. the Roomba arc, and the time he and Winslow turn it into a chariot. Was kind of skeptical of Hannelore at first, but she's grown on me and is now my favorite character. "So you're not only crazy as h*ll and richer than an Arabian prince, but you're actually from freaking space? That explains a lot."

I made a Northampton neighborhood and am making sims of the characters. So far I've got Dora, Sven, Faye, Hannelore, and Raven. Has anyone else been crazy enough to do that? :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:12 PM
Haha, this is my thread! I didn't even realise.

The current arc has me so hooked right now! Every day I come home from school excited about reading it, haha.

28/11/07
#25 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 12:41 AM
Read it from the beginning. It is amazing.

"They have socialized [butt] kicking in Canada... They call it hockey!"

The greatest line ever, and you cannot sway me on this.

I'm freaking out about the whole Sven thing.
Page 1 of 2