Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 9:38 PM
Default Kindergarden
If someone came up to you and pointed a gun at your son and said ' Either you let us take him with us and raise him, or we'll kill you both now.' If you knew that if they took him he would be raised to hate and taught to kill, but he would also be well fed and clothed and educated, would you let them take him?

This is the choise that many many mother faced during WW2 in Nazi Germany.
They could let their children be raised to be Nazi soldiers or let them die at a young young age.

Is it better to let yourself and your children die or to let them live as murderes?
Is any life better than no life at all?
Do you think the people who choose to give their child up were in the right, or in the wronge?
Advertisement
#2 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:05 PM
Honestly, if they were doing it for the sake of thier children and not for themselves and being selfish then i see no problem. i think sacrifice is sometimes the ultimate way of showing just how much you care for someone, if you're willing to give up your own flesh and blood just so you know they'll live and not face the horrors of those concentration camps. I think I'd do it..to be honest.
Test Subject
#3 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 10:23 PM
I guess it kind of depends on what your personal beliefs are. I believe that there is life after death, and that a life lived completely with lies and violence and the like is not something I'd want my child to be taught to support and condone. If faced with that type of situation, I'd put up the biggest fight I could, and I would not let them take my child and brainwash him/her.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 1:04 AM
I don't think that it was necessarily a matter of right or wrong- it's a matter of their personal belief. Those people did what they thought was best for their children; they obviously thought that a life spent serving a dictator was better than no life at all. I have no children, so I can't really form a logical opinion on this, but I think I would rather see the soldiers kill myself and my child to spare them from a horrible future. Death, which to me consists of either oblivion/nonexistence or being reincarnated, seems far better than a life spent beaten into submission under an oppressive dictator. I'd rather my child be insentient or experiencing another happy life through death than living a life they don't want.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
#5 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 3:17 AM
Default Kindergarten
I do not think we have the right to sit here comfortably and judge these mothers/parents who have to make those difficult decision. At gun point < can be very persuasive.
Moderator of Camera Models
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:11 AM
Wow. I'd really think about changing the thread title for this... I thought this thread was going to be about the responsibility of parenting for working parents.

*** Games Journalist with the magazines PC Powerplay and Hyper ***

And guys don't say a game is 'addicting'. That is a horrible massacre of the English language. The word is 'addictive'. Thank you. :)
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElPresidente
Wow. I'd really think about changing the thread title for this... I thought this thread was going to be about the responsibility of parenting for working parents.

Kindergarden comes from what the Nazi called it, literal Translation meaning 'Garden of children'.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 11:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sammie_lola
If someone came up to you and pointed a gun at your son and said ' Either you let us take him with us and raise him, or we'll kill you both now.' If you knew that if they took him he would be raised to hate and taught to kill, but he would also be well fed and clothed and educated, would you let them take him?

This is the choise that many many mother faced during WW2 in Nazi Germany.
They could let their children be raised to be Nazi soldiers or let them die at a young young age.

Is it better to let yourself and your children die or to let them live as murderes?
Is any life better than no life at all?
Do you think the people who choose to give their child up were in the right, or in the wronge?

Hmm... never heard of that before. Can you give me some type of source about it?

Because, the Nazi Germany recruitment system was horrible, true, but a great percentage of the people joined the army voluntarily... but, anyway, they never recruited the Hitler Youth in that way. If they did, I never heard of that before.
Test Subject
#9 Old 4th Sep 2007 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sammie_lola
Kindergarden comes from what the Nazi called it, literal Translation meaning 'Garden of children'.

The German word is "Kindergarten", and it's NOT a Nazi-word, it was already used earlier.
It may be that it was mis-used from 1933-1945 (I have never heard that story before), but definatley a Kindergarten nowadays is something completely normal and harmless, so I do think you should maybe change the title.
#10 Old 5th Sep 2007 at 11:41 AM
Makes me think of the movie "Sophies choice"... And yes, its true, and it happened.
Guess its still happening around the world. Think about how many child-soldiers there are in Africa, or in the Middle east. More recently than the second world-war.
To imagine one has to make a choice like that is hard, to say the least. Any mother could go insane for less.
Its about time we start to protect women as mothers. And any woman is a potential mother. Its no point blaming the mother in the first place, cause the "choice" isnt a choice really.
The "Red cross" is running a campaign at this moment, cause Mothers are the new target in any war.