Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 8:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KittyCarey
I appreciate that politician's shouldn't change their minds about everything too often, because their voters need to know where they stand, but really - over the course of a long career, it would be very sad if they didn't change their minds about things. Clinton at least has been involved in politics (through her husband as well as in her own right) for more than 25 years - shouldn't she change her mind about some things? Isn't it a good thing that she can say "I thought that then, but I've since discovered I was wrong"? Or "At the time it looked like the best option, but now we've seen it didn't work"? Most of the population of the USA (and indeed the Western world) have changed their minds about gay marriage in the last decade or so - why shouldn't Clinton?

I appreciate that a politician changing their position on an issue can look like opportunism, and maybe that's involved, but can't you give them the benefit of the doubt? Certainly for a politician like Clinton with a track record (I agree it's harder with Trump) you can see where their aims are, and it's largely the same as Sanders.

I can completely appreciate them changing their opinion, as long as their mind and heart are there to back it up and it's not just a ploy to gain votes. I honestly don't even know where to start with Trump, cause he's gone back and forth on issues for years, the most noticeable one that i'm recalling is his stance on abortion. But I do believe that if it weren't for Hillary being so shady and committing fraud, I'd be backing her much less reluctantly than I am forced to do now. In my mind it comes down to this with these two candidates, do you want to be treated as nothing more than a business' merchandise to be traded around and sold, or treated as a human by someone no one respects because they've been under investigation by the FBI?

At least we can all hopefully agree America is becoming even more of a shit show than it has been for the past couple decades lmao.
Advertisement
Instructor
#52 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 5:11 AM
America just needs to be nuked off the map. If that were to happen every other problem in the world would vanish. America is the single most evil and worthless thing the human race has ever produced. It is nothing but a dumping ground for the garbage other much better nations do not want and the sooner it is gone the better off everyone will be.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#53 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Where this extreme attitude coming from? I do not pretend, nor have I ever, to like America much, but even I do not want millions of people nuked. Besides, if America did not exist, then where else would all the worlds trash go?

...Unless you mean nuking as metaphor and America as in its government and media and culture, and not its people and landscape? If this what you meant then I would agree with metaphoric nuking.

No I think America is such a piece of trash and Trump being the most popular leader in the history of the country proves that we are just the next Nazi Germany and that we will murder far more people then have ever lived in this country, so I think the world is better off with us all dead. The so called "human" lives in this worthless piece of shit country are just monsters who put the rest of the world in danger and are better off dead. We are talking about the country the run gitmo, the biggest death camp in the modern world.

Everything about this country is pure evil and it has never done one good thing in it's whole history. Even the people who are not evil are better off dead or going back where they came from, because every country on earth is better then this one. I have just reached an all time low in my faith in this country and that there is anything good left in the human race and I just can't wait for death and I think the planet would be a lot better off with myself and the rest of this country no longer on it.

I am so depressed by the news that comes in every day and there doesn't seem to be any way to change anything so I say just nuke it all and maybe the rest of the human race can be saved. I don't see any good coming from letting this country go on, in fact all I do see is us committing crimes on a scale the nazis could never even dream of because they didn't have the tech at the time.

Sorry if that sound harsh, but that is how I feel. There is no hope left and the country can't been turned around from the blood soaked path it is on, so just kill it and save the people worth saving who are all in other countries any way.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Instructor
#54 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 4:07 PM
@EvilMcNastySim2015

I ask to you this - I do not identify with America country in anyway other than simple acknowledgement of living there currently. I am worth saving or not?

I guess, maybe I am just too depressed to see things clearly right now but things seem completely hopeless at the moment.

My PC specs.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 6:41 PM
It does make a U.S. citizen feel pretty hopeless watching the news for more than 2 minutes a day. But I realize that even if i'm not an important, powerful person changing the way the country is, at least i'm educating myself on it. I say as I get my Portuguese citizenship so that I have an escape plan if/when Hitler, I mean Trump, wins. :P
Instructor
#56 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 4:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by deadhead_kay
It does make a U.S. citizen feel pretty hopeless watching the news for more than 2 minutes a day. But I realize that even if i'm not an important, powerful person changing the way the country is, at least i'm educating myself on it. I say as I get my Portuguese citizenship so that I have an escape plan if/when Hitler, I mean Trump, wins. :P

Hitler. Do you even think before you type? If you had any sense of decency or any true idea of the scope of his horrific legacy you would not speak that name so lightly. And to compare him to Trump? Enjoy Portugal.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Theorist
#57 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 6:00 AM
He did bring jobs to millions of people and the Autobahn in Germany is thanks to his government. Although that doesn't change the fact of the evil purposes of his plans...

Even a broken clock is correct twice a day.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:27 PM
I find it strange that a country as large as the US can't produce better candidates than the clownfest it's got going now. I'm almost tempted to say that I'd rather have back Bush in the driving seat than any of these clowns, and he's already below rock bottom of presidents I'd be willing to get back (even below several dead ones, just dug up and placed in a chair).

The only thing I find stranger that the candidates, is that people are actually willing to vote for them. I may not have a good enough grasp of US politics, but out of a pool of how many candidates, these are really the best you could do? Even the current president seems to think they're a bit of a joke.

Can't say we've not had some political jokes running my country from time to time, but at least none of them have managed to screw up things too bad as of yet (not for the lack of trying, though - but at least their political schemes need to go a few rounds before applied or denied, and even the weirder ones are usually somewhat decent people). Once again: I'm glad I'm not American, and that I live about as far away from there as I can come.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 7:29 PM
It's not like Hitler started off as extreme as he ended. His politics in the beginning were on par with what Trump wants to accomplish. You guys have to remember that he didn't come into power automatically doing those horrendous things to the Jewish people(and others). He started off with just ostracizing them as others and making his people turn against them. Remind you of how America, Trump in particular, want to/do treat Muslims? That's what I meant by that comparison. Not that Trump right now is behaving how Hitler did during his "prime", but that he rings so many warning bells of how Hitler was in the beginning of his reign.
Theorist
#60 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 10:59 PM Last edited by Mistermook : 11th Sep 2016 at 6:06 PM.
Luckily the US isn't nearly such a desperate place as 1920s-1930s Germany, unless you're a Trump supporter or suffering from clinical depression. Things aren't perfect, but compared to a few years ago we're getting better.
Theorist
#61 Old 25th Jul 2016 at 12:30 AM
Only if using 12 hour format. Only correct once if using the correct hour format.

That sentence was based on those old fashioned 12 hrs clocks.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Forum Resident
#62 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 12:53 AM
I haven't even looked at the responses yet and I'm already pretty confident that the majority of the responses say that Trump is the worst. (UPDATE: I was right...shocker ) Well, here is my rebuttal: While Trump definitely isn't the ideal candidate (I was originally rooting for Ben Carson and Marco Rubio), I definitely think that Hillary is far worse than Trump could ever be.

Yeah, Trump says a lot of things that people don't want to hear. But at least he's honest. Hillary is probably one of the most dishonest people in America. She flat-out lies and flip-flops on issues if she thinks it'll win her votes (ex. originally was against gay marriage, but now that the Democratic Party agrees with it, suddenly she's all for it). Not to mention that she lied about Benghazi AND lied about the 30,000 emails she kept on a private email account and deleted (so really she isn't just a liar, but also a criminal).

Sorry, but if it boils down to choosing the candidate who would be in a federal prison if it weren't for the fact that her power and influence can get her out of her problems (forget calling Trump privileged, that's real privilege right there) or choosing the candidate who just says mean things, I think I'd have to go with the latter.

Annnnnd now to sit and wait for all the disagrees and hate to start flowing in

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Mad Poster
#63 Old 4th Sep 2016 at 1:15 AM
America's best option would be to ditch their current candidates and find some new ones who are capable of running a country to compete for the job. They've still got the time.
Theorist
#64 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 10:43 PM
America's best option is an enormous asteroid headed for earth.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#65 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 6:04 AM Last edited by SuicidiaParasidia : 11th Sep 2016 at 6:14 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
America just needs to be nuked off the map. If that were to happen every other problem in the world would vanish. America is the single most evil and worthless thing the human race has ever produced. It is nothing but a dumping ground for the garbage other much better nations do not want and the sooner it is gone the better off everyone will be.

Woah, woah, woah. 'Scuse me...?
NOBODY should be "nuked off the map". Nobody should've been "nuked off the map". Nukes are not okay, for anyone, ever, to consider. Keep in mind the creator of this topic is American (Me), looking to see whose opinions are what (Regardless of origin). Muslims shouldn't be "nuked off the map". The Japanese shouldn't have been nuked. North Korea should not be nuked. Russians should not be nuked. Nuclear explosions are DEVASTATING. Nobody should be nuked. What you said, was not okay.
Maybe you meant it as hyperbole, but it still wasn't okay in any context toward any people. This isn't a topic that I intended to be anti-anybody, including anti-American. If you're going to preach that, preach it to a forum that unconditionally agrees with you: Not MTS.

Everyone else: Please keep in mind that the topic of this thread is not racism, or sexism, or whatever--though those topics may TIE IN to the subject at hand. Please try not to derail it. Thank you.

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Forum Resident
#66 Old 11th Sep 2016 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
No I think America is such a piece of trash and Trump being the most popular leader in the history of the country proves that we are just the next Nazi Germany and that we will murder far more people then have ever lived in this country, so I think the world is better off with us all dead. The so called "human" lives in this worthless piece of shit country are just monsters who put the rest of the world in danger and are better off dead. We are talking about the country the run gitmo, the biggest death camp in the modern world.

Everything about this country is pure evil and it has never done one good thing in it's whole history. Even the people who are not evil are better off dead or going back where they came from, because every country on earth is better then this one. I have just reached an all time low in my faith in this country and that there is anything good left in the human race and I just can't wait for death and I think the planet would be a lot better off with myself and the rest of this country no longer on it.

I am so depressed by the news that comes in every day and there doesn't seem to be any way to change anything so I say just nuke it all and maybe the rest of the human race can be saved. I don't see any good coming from letting this country go on, in fact all I do see is us committing crimes on a scale the nazis could never even dream of because they didn't have the tech at the time.

Sorry if that sound harsh, but that is how I feel. There is no hope left and the country can't been turned around from the blood soaked path it is on, so just kill it and save the people worth saving who are all in other countries any way.

It's disheartening in so many ways that there are people here who feel this way.

But in all honesty, if you hate it here so much, l e a v e. Literally nobody is stopping you.

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Instructor
#67 Old 12th Sep 2016 at 4:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex
It's disheartening in so many ways that there are people here who feel this way.

But in all honesty, if you hate it here so much, l e a v e. Literally nobody is stopping you.

Indeed. As for EvilMcNastySim's post, America is still one of the best countries in the world in which to live, despite its many, many, many flaws. Remember that quality of life is relative. You might not like it in America, but it's still much better than living in most dictatorships and monarchies, for example.

I personally live in Canada and love it here. We've got a similar quality of life to America, but a better education system, largely subsidized (if not entirely) healthcare, and a more sensible (though still heavily flawed) system of government.
Instructor
#68 Old 13th Sep 2016 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Averex

You do realize that dissent is literally one of the most American things one can do. It's kind of how the United States of America became a thing. Maybe try reading the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence before you tell people with whom you disagree to self-deport.
Test Subject
#69 Old 14th Sep 2016 at 6:38 AM
I dont think Averex suggestion that EvilMcNastySim2015 leave the US was unreasonable. He (?) may simply have been venting or being dramatic, but if not, it must be shit awful to live in a place (and among people) that you despise to the point of wishing everyone, including yourself, dead. Perhaps it is an American thing I have no clue about that, but I am not American and even I was a bit disturbed and concerned for him when I read his post.

If anyone thinks the US is the pinnacle of evil, they need to travel a bit more and see what goes on in some less privileged countries of the world.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#70 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 2:52 AM
So. Any weigh-ins on the Trump scandal?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMkiSn93wqk

Additionally, any weigh-ins on Clinton's FBI investigation?

"The more you know, the sadder you get."~ Stephen Colbert
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." ~ Jon Stewart
Versigtig, ek's nog steeds fokken giftig
Mad Poster
#71 Old 16th Oct 2016 at 4:30 AM
The latest Trump scandal proves what I've thought ever since I heard he was a candidate - that man shouldn't occupy the oval office even if he was the last man on Earth (which might be the case if he gets his grabby hands on a a certain set of codes... But honestly, how could anyone trust the guy to run a country? He can't even keep one of his companies on its feet long enough for them to be halfway successful, and he's not good with money, seeing as he's been broke at least once. As for his poor judgement, his plans to build a wall between Mexico and the US, and his complete lack of respect for women, his own daughter included, should be screaming clues as to what kind of person he is).

As for Clinton, I don't know. She doesn't strike me as a good candidate, but I'm not sure if anyone can be worse than Trump, though.
Instructor
#72 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 2:53 AM
No matter what, I already hate whomever becomes the next President of the United States of America.

The deciding factor, however, is that I hate one of them much, MUCH, more - and his toddler sized hands.
Instructor
#73 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 3:41 AM
his actual policies.

Right here is the very problem about Trump... Whenever he's asked to name specific policies, he almost flatly refuses to. The only "policies" he's ever suggested are laughable projections of his own weakness. Getting someone else to pay for his real estate project - in this case, a wall - is how he's conned his way through the business world for decades. So, in the absence of any concrete policy from Trump, what are we left with? A video of him with Billy Bush on a bus, in which Trump brags about sexual assault. You're right. In theory it shouldn't be relevant. But because Trump is so utterly incompetent at forming coherent policy proposals, it's what we're left with.

The larger problem, however, is how damaging that video is for the Republican Party as a political organization. They nominated a person without vetting him. If The Daily Show does a better job of vetting your candidate than the party that is supposedly nominating him... that's a dangerous precedent, and something the GOP has to have a good hard look in the mirror about. It's not so much *what* Trump is saying on that video. The fact that the GOP nominated him without even running his name through a cursory YouTube search shows a severe lack of competence from Republican leaders.
Mad Poster
#74 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 3:50 AM
Several of his comments have been more recent than ten years, some of it during his ongoing campaign. Sure, people can change in 10+ years, but from what I've seen of this guy, from his first appearance to just last week, he hasn't changed a bit. As for crude remarks, he said he'd happily have his way with his daughter if she wasn't his, while she sat next to him. And that's more recent than what they dug up from ten years ago. If that's not creepy, I don't know what is. Maybe he saw it as a positive remark about her beauty or some such, but she certainly didn't seem to think the same. There's a video on Youtube. Besides, making crude remarks toward women is just the tip of the muck pile that this guy has managed to spill out of his mouth. That includes a lot of his policies. Most of the time, he'll say something, then a few days or weeks later he'll flatly deny what he said then - even if there's video proof. Then he goes doing the same again. The guy can't be trusted. Sure, most politicians tend to do this - but Trump seems to not even remember the overview of his own policies, and just say anything that makes people cheer for him.

I couldn't care less about what goes on in his bedroom, and while I think the poor dead animal he wears on his head should be put to rest somewhere else, that's got nothing to do with what I think of him as a presidential candidate. There's just something about how he behaves and talks that makes me dislike him. He acts as if everyone else is beneath him, as if he's always right, and as if everything that comes out of his mouth is pure gold, and that constant haughty look in his face doesn't help the least - if he wasn't a presidential candidate, I wouldn't mind letting him live in his happy little delusion, but alas, he's one of two candidates left, however he managed that... The guy just creps me out in so many ways, and from his history with badly handling money and failed companies, he's the least likely to be able to run a country, let alone one of the biggest and most powerful in the world. I wouldn't even trust he guy to hold my wallet, let alone give him codes for nuclear weapons.
Forum Resident
#75 Old 17th Oct 2016 at 10:51 AM
His "disrespect" for woman bit irrelevant. Many of things he did to woman happened in decades past when culture was different and some of these things were bit more acceptable. Hating him for what he did 10+ years ago really no different than hating pilgrims or George Washington's colonization which stole land from Natives. Things were different in that time than today. General idea of acceptable behavior was different, so it not feasible to compare them. Besides, every man at one point in their life has - or will - make crude remarks toward women. It is not this foreign unheard of concept. To think otherwise is to "live a sheltered life" and not accepting reality.

Whole emphasis on this situation just shows really how messed up American country is when people rather care about Trump's sexual activities and hands and hair than his actual policies.

I get what you're trying to say, and I agree that actions should be judged against the standards of the time etc... but 10 years isn't that long ago. Society wasn't that different.

Sure, if the allegations had all been from 30 years ago, AND if his reaction had been something along the lines of "I did something stupid many years ago, and I wish I hadn't. I suppose at the time we didn't think it was that bad, but now we've all, me included, learnt how wrong that sort of behaviour is" - then yes, it wouldn't be relevant and shouldn't be a big news story. But it hasn't all been that long ago, and his reaction hasn't been apologetic - he's been saying everyone else is lying. And that says he would still do the same things now. And if he thinks women are just sex toys, then what sort of laws is he going to pass?

I'm not American, and don't live there, so I don't get a vote. But I hope Trump loses.

Page 3 of 7