Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9526 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:18 PM

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#9527 Old 3rd Dec 2018 at 11:03 PM
Alright, the sleeping pic is hilarious.

-gE
>=)
Field Researcher
#9528 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 12:06 AM
@RoxEllen1965 The only successful way I've been able to interact with the matchmaker on community lots is by making her selectable first
Test Subject
#9529 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 2:27 AM
Perhaps a sim population mod that is controllable according to size of the lot. I am running the 20 sim population mod, and in my small shops and stores it is overload. I was running the 30 sim, but cut back. If there were a controll where it could set number of sims per lot size, it would be better.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9530 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 2:31 AM
Well, there is the customer controller from Simwardrobe if the lot is an owned shop.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#9531 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 2:55 AM
Default Sim population
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Well, there is the customer controller from Simwardrobe if the lot is an owned shop.

No, not owned, but some could be. Some examples are Hole In The Wall, a dive on the smallest lot, a grocery set in a shotgun type house, smallest lot. Then, Slummin On The Beach, a med. sized lot with a restaurant, open bar with band overlooking the beach, a seperate dance cabana on a different elevation and restroom facility with vending area.
Alchemist
#9532 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 4:25 AM
@RoxEllen1965, I can't recall, though I'm leaning to separate rooms. I'll have to test to be 100%. Hopefully it's as simply as that.

I second the setting population allowed per lot, however (I feel like it could have been incorporated into the visitor controller, maybe?). There is a cheat to set the size, but it's a neighborhood cheat and not useful when your sims are going places and switching between lots.

The biggest problems I encounter is on some owned businesses, usually recreational ones, if the lot requires a lot of staff, my usually limit of 15-20 per lot is way too small, as the game for some reason includes employees in the visitor count. Then, on other lots, most notably the secret society, I have waaaaaaaaaay too many sims. It's quite ridiculous. So either something that lets you control the # of visitors per lot or a mod to not include employees and the current household in the visitor count would be good.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#9533 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 11:18 AM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 4th Dec 2018 at 11:37 AM. Reason: Edit: FOUND IT!
@Modder @Phantomknight - I just tested the gypsy again in a totally unmodded test game and got a completely different result. The only action available on the gypsy was "dismiss" no matter where my sim was - even if my sim was standing right next to her. So there must be a mod in my regular game that makes her work properly. Now I just have to figure out which of my over 1000 mods is doing it. This may take awhile...

EDIT: That was quicker than I thought! The mod you both need is Pescado's old interactwogreet mod. This was originally made so you could interact with sims walking by your house (talk to them, attack them, etc.) without having to greet them. Apparently at some point it also became necessary in the game to greet the gypsy before you can interact with her, but that's impossible. The readme file for this mod doesn't mention the gypsy, but obviously it affects her too. As I mentioned in my other post, you will need to be in the same "room" with her before you can interact with her, but at least it's possible now.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f...r=al%2Fhacks%2F

Quote: Originally posted by Pescado
ANNOYANCES ELIMINATED:
Has it always bothered you that you have to greet people, thus giving them free run to traipse through your house at will, even if the only thing you plan to do is pummel the living crapola out of them for kicking your trashcan? Want to just unceremoniously pummel the living crap out of them, or say a word or two to passers-by, and then let them go on their way, without having wave, hug, or do whatever it is that sims insist on doing? Want to beat the snot out of that cow? Go for it!
Mad Poster
#9534 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 11:26 AM
In my game, it seems to be something of a diceroll whether I get the options or just a Dismiss option. I've not seen any patterns to it.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#9535 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:09 PM
We have pillow fights, but how about pillow forts? Either buildable or pre-built, but definitely enabled for sitting inside and doing...something. Talking, reading, eating snacks, playing video games? Maybe coded like a couch but lowered to floor level?

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9536 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:12 PM
It could work as a tent, too.

Lab Assistant
#9537 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:20 PM Last edited by salamanderer : 4th Dec 2018 at 5:21 PM. Reason: unclear
Default Buy mode catalog sort
Don't know if anyone has mentioned, but how about a hack/mod to sort in game buy mode catalog by certain perameters, such as price, name, creator/set, etc.? I seem to recall having this ability at one point, but not for a long while. Perhaps it was WAY BACK WHEN in Sims 1...
Top Secret Researcher
#9538 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
It could work as a tent, too.

Yeah, but if it was tied to Seasons I wouldn't be able to get it. Base game compatible stuff is best.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#9539 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 6:00 PM
Tents were BV, I think, but that's a good point. Sometimes I forget that a lot of players don't play the full set.

Alchemist
#9540 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 8:43 PM
apartment lots; 3 different icons in neighborhood view::
-"fully" occupied (4 sub-lot files; or if the apartment lot has less than 4 flats, that number of sub-lot files)
-"partially" occupied (less sub-lot files than above line)
-unoccupied
Forum Resident
#9541 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
We have pillow fights, but how about pillow forts? Either buildable or pre-built, but definitely enabled for sitting inside and doing...something. Talking, reading, eating snacks, playing video games? Maybe coded like a couch but lowered to floor level?

I don't know about pillow forts, but pillow FIGHTS should've been a group activity. "Ask to Join" and "Join" options should've been included. No reason not to, right? C'mon EAxis...

-gE
>=)
Alchemist
#9542 Old 4th Dec 2018 at 11:26 PM
Agreed! Are cops and robbers and tag group activities, too? If not, they should be. Maybe pillow fights can actually be modded.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Theorist
#9543 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 12:10 AM
How about a modded object that will silently sing or talk to plants so they grow better, like the lady bug house or some other garden object. Don't know about the rest of you, but I have plants all over my house and on my front porch, the last thing I want to do is stand out there in my bathrobe and cheer my plants into growing. A mod like this would make more time for sims to do other important stuff, like maybe burn down the kitchen one more time. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#9544 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 6:37 AM
RoxEllen just explained why my gypsy works. Okay, then.

I'd like a way to use the eyedropper tool to go to the collection(s) an item belongs in. Maybe it cycles through the different collections, showing a different one each time you click on the item with the eyedropper, while holding down shift or something. Call it the "I know there's an end table that matches this lamp somewhere" mod!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#9545 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
How about a modded object that will silently sing or talk to plants so they grow better, like the lady bug house or some other garden object. Don't know about the rest of you, but I have plants all over my house and on my front porch, the last thing I want to do is stand out there in my bathrobe and cheer my plants into growing. A mod like this would make more time for sims to do other important stuff, like maybe burn down the kitchen one more time. (:

There is one object that could the job-the little 'dancing plant' radio that was uploaded in another site. I can't remember where I got it from, but I think it'd be cute to put it next to the plants and they'd grow like weeds.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#9546 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 11:12 AM
I believe that Sun&Moon or another creator on Plumbob Keep had some scarecrows, so that could also be a possible object.

I wish there was a version of Christianlov's Transport Mirror that was enabled for pets.

Alchemist
#9547 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 1:51 PM
These flowers: http://www.modthesims.info/d/492536...ng-flowers.html ?

aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#9548 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I believe that Sun&Moon or another creator on Plumbob Keep had some scarecrows, so that could also be a possible object.

I wish there was a version of Christianlov's Transport Mirror that was enabled for pets.

If Christianlov's Transport Mirror was enabled for pets that would be awesome. Meanwhile I use either SimWardrobe's Teleportal or Inge's Teleportal, Inge's is probably the best for adding the pet to one's family. I like SimWardrobe's because it is easier to find the pet, so sometimes I use both.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#9549 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 5:16 PM
Relax interaction tone down a bit. Their needs are vulnerable when sims do that, when they're failing.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#9550 Old 5th Dec 2018 at 7:55 PM Last edited by sailorleontine6 : 5th Dec 2018 at 10:08 PM.
ik that there's this hack called inteenimater

but i wanna see a hack when a teenager becomes pregnant with less conflicts and also when a sim don't miscarriage (the inteenimater one has miscarriage but that won't bother me, what bothers me the most with that hack is that you don't have much choice when clicking on a sim (even your own sims) make out isn't in there with these hacks) so i wanna see that hack one day and call it teenage pregnancy or something
Page 382 of 580