Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 4:30 PM
Default When merging cc what items can you merge and what can you not?
Hello,

I have a question about merging CC, what items can you merge and what items can't you merge?

For example I want to download some CC cars and I am just wondering if I can merge them or not.

I know you shouldn't merge patterns, or mods.

Thank you
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 8:49 PM
I honestly would not consider merging anything that I've not used regularly in the game for at least a month. If you decide that for whatever reason you don't like it, it doesn't suit your game as well as you thought it would, it's causing trouble, or you just have too much CC and need to get rid of some of the items you use less often, it's a lot easier to just pull a single package out of the Mods folder.

But cars should be safe to merge.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 9:03 PM
I have merged all clothing and hairs except for store items, which I'm given to understand shouldn't be merged. But as Ghost says, make sure they work and that you really want them first. I discovered that a couple of the hairs I'd merged didn't work quite right. Fortunately I'd kept back ups of all the original packages so I was able to re-do the merging and miss out the faulty ones. I'd advise you to keep backups of everything too.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 8:59 PM
Thank you both for your replies
Test Subject
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2017 at 11:04 PM
Ok, I have a related question: which sims3pack items should not be converted into packages?
AFAIK, patterns belong in this category, as well as kitchen sets, because if converted, counters and cabinets can become buggy and won't allign.
Anything else?
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:27 PM
Worlds, of course, shouldn't be converted into packages.

For merging packages, you can merge your Nraas mods - if you have them - except for ErrorTrap and... one other I can't recall right now. I believe it was Story Progression? Those have to be their own files. Just, as Elynda said, keep a back-up of the separate files. It's much easier to just re-merge a new merged package with the items you don't want to use anymore than to un-merge the package and re-merge from that.
Alchemist
#7 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

You can convert worlds if you want to, it just takes a few extra steps: TS3 Installing Worlds Without The Launcher
Note: after extracting the STBL files, you need to include them in a .package, otherwise the game won't read them.

This is helpful if you want to grab certain items that come with a world without having the world or everything in it as well. Otherwise there isn't a specific benefit to it, from what I've seen.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Site Helper
#8 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

For merging packages, you can merge your Nraas mods - if you have them - except for ErrorTrap and... one other I can't recall right now. I believe it was Story Progression? Those have to be their own files. Just, as Elynda said, keep a back-up of the separate files. It's much easier to just re-merge a new merged package with the items you don't want to use anymore than to un-merge the package and re-merge from that.

Also, remember that ALL of the NRAAS mods are still being updated. This means that you will regularly be updating your combined mods package if you merge them.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#9 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 10:34 AM
Whoever wrote the instructions for converting store worlds made one mistake, though: you should never use decrapify.exe if you legally own the world, especially not if you have used the world or any of its content in an already existing save.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 26th Nov 2017 at 12:04 AM
I have found it is trial and error with patterns. I convert everything to packages that I can, but have found that some patterns have to stay as packs to work.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#11 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 3:56 PM
On the patterns though, there are a few helpful tuts to fix the error. It's actually a really stupid thing that makes it crash and hate sims3packs>packages... which is just a space somewhere in the code: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrJFNZ6vut8
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2017 at 9:25 PM
Is it okay to merge pose packages?

The Receptacle still lives!