Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 3:38 PM
Default Postal
I need to get one mesh from fullbuild package which I already opened with Postal and found the file. But I forgotten how to kind of use postal so how do I exactly do this again? I'd need all the Geoms (base meshes and morphs) of this mesh. Any help is appreciated

~Perfectionist, Workaholic, Friendly, Artistic, Good sense of humor~
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:04 PM
The method I use is:

Open Fullbuild in Postal
Use the Workspace menu option that I think is called "Add nmap names" to load the Long Names
Click the top of the Long Name column to sort by Long Name
Find your clothing in the list

Then look for the geom files for lod 1, lod 2, and lod 3. If there are additional base meshes, they'll be named 'lod1_1' and so on. The morph meshes have the same clothing name and lod name with "_fat", "_fit", "_thin", and "_special" added.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2011 at 4:31 PM Last edited by -Mallow- : 16th Feb 2011 at 5:02 PM.
Yes, I got that far But what is the correct method to export the Geoms from the postal? I tried the Hex view's export but Milkshape will not show the mesh file unless I check the "All Files" filter. And importing it then to MS will give me the hashed bones error - or do I just ignore it and go on?

Edit: How do I get the correct skeleton exported of Postal since when I have selected the base LOD from long name tab, I double click the Unk. file in body part geometry tab but it only gives me an error: "no matching resources were found. Check your search criteria and the file path configured for the application."

Retired Duck
retired moderator
#4 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 1:33 AM
If it's the Milkshape plugin, I think maybe you're looking for the "Export To Wes" button? Just click on the GMDC, and it should show up in the bottom.
Sockpuppet
#5 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 6:36 AM
Wes his importer will look for a SIMGEOM format while the exported file from the Hex tab is GEOM, just change the format into simgeom when saving it.
Or choose show all files in the importers popup window, then the files also will show.

The hashbone error is still a bit of a mystery i guess
I always use the default skeleton that the importer will load(exept on toddlers and kids...if i need to use it that is)

If you want to load the mesh its skeleton you export it and also change the format(to SKcon)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 12:19 PM
Thanks, I usually use the default skeleton since I can't export the correct skeleton with postal as it gives me that error.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 12:51 PM
As Base said, for the meshes just change the exported filetype to .simgeom. The skeletons are named the same as the meshes with 'Shape-morph-skin' on the end. If there's more than one find the one with the same group ID as your mesh. Export with filetype .skcon, put it in the same folder as the mesh, and Milkshape should find it automatically.

You may have gotten that far too - but when I click the 'unk' resource in a mesh, I get a popup with the skeleton and can export it. No idea why that doesn't work for you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 17th Feb 2011 at 1:18 PM
Oh well in that case I have been just doing things wrong, thank you for clearing out which is the right skeleton file Cmar