Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 6:49 PM
Default Script mods for Mac!?
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to start by saying that I am VERY new to the world of CC and mods for The Sims.
I'm a long time Sims player (since the first one!) and I have loved all the custom content I have come across for The Sims 4.
I'd really love to be able to download the add more traits mod and the custom straits I've seen available, BUT I have a Mac.

I've tried to download s4pe but when I extract the files, it doesn't work.
I'm not a 'technical person' so I'm not sure what to do next.

If anyone could help, I would really really appreciate it!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 26th Jan 2018 at 10:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StephanieStephanie
Hi everyone,

I'd just like to start by saying that I am VERY new to the world of CC and mods for The Sims.
I'm a long time Sims player (since the first one!) and I have loved all the custom content I have come across for The Sims 4.
I'd really love to be able to download the add more traits mod and the custom straits I've seen available, BUT I have a Mac.

I've tried to download s4pe but when I extract the files, it doesn't work.
I'm not a 'technical person' so I'm not sure what to do next.

If anyone could help, I would really really appreciate it!

You don't extract the script files themselves. You should also get Sims 4 Studio. It's much more user-friendly for the average player than S4PE. For extracting files from an archive you need a program like 7-Zip. Script mods can also only go one folder down from the main Mods folder. And you'll need to activate script mods separately from regular mods and custom content under options (there's a check box for that).