Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 8:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Bug: Sims are stuck in a rotative display
Hello

I've finally succeed to fix my game under Win 10, and to create a proper clean neighborough to play with...
And I really don't know what's going one but now I cannot play at all because the Sims are acting strangely.
It begun in CAS. They keep turning on themself, not moving at all or even having a single face movement.

If I try to put them in an empty house, they still remain rotating and canot interact with anything or anyone.
If I upload a house with a sims from another game, it's the same struggle.

I've try without any hacks or download of any sort, but the clean template hacks like nospayregen and others and nothing changes at all
I think my game is corrupted and I have to reinstal

Here is the video. I tried to interact with the teleport shrub and an item

https://youtu.be/WZIxlUEMYjc

I join a video of the trouble. I tried with 4 sims at a time and the 4 of them are turning the same way but not synchronised.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 11:50 AM
Looks to be a mod conflict, have you recently put on anything? Did you remove anything while fixing your game? have you run the HCU?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:03 PM
Looks like a never-ending jump bug.
Try to enable the "boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true" cheat, so the game generates an error log. This may help in finding the issue.

Out of curiosity, which method did you use to create the clean neighborhood?

As for "reinstalling" you can move out (or delete) the "The Sims 2" folder in Documents, and let the game create a new one. Unless there's something wrong in the install files, this method is nearly always enough to fix/reset the game.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 12:33 PM Last edited by Shaniah29 : 25th Feb 2018 at 12:52 PM.
I used part hacks to avoid respawn of townies and spays, and part Jawusa clean template
I tried reinstall, the problem is still here... But gone when I try without the 6 new hacks I added.
I'll try on of them at a time to see where the trouble is and let you know.
List :
argon_towniebrick.package
CJ-ThereCanBeOnlyOneProfessor.package
CJ-TownieApartmentResidents.package
TeleporterShrubPlus.package

edit: all of them seems screwing my game. So, I'll try to not use them at all...

synctimer.package is okay
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:29 PM
CJ-ThereCanBeOnlyOneProfessor.package
CJ-TownieApartmentResidents.package

I use both of those.

TeleporterShrubPlus.package Who is that by and is it for AL? I use the Simlogical Cat teleporter.

argon_towniebrick I have heard that can cause some issue and to only put it in when needed.

Don't reinstall, that is only for corruption in your install files, otherwise a waste of your time.

First step is to make back up and pull your download folder-does the issue go away? if it does your problem is CC.

The rotating issue is as far as I know related only to CC if game wide, or it can be due to storing beds in inventory and moving house with them.

Oh another thought, you didn't extract sims and use the extracted ones in your new game by chance? Sims must be cloned in bodyshop first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 1:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
TeleporterShrubPlus.package Who is that by and is it for AL? I use the Simlogical Cat teleporter.

It's just an earlier version.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 9:42 PM
Okay I found the cat one and it worked perfectly well.
Thank you very much!
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:32 PM
And your sims stopped rotating? wow..
Amazing how just a small out of date teleporter bush can turn your Game into a music box...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:36 PM
I use Inge's shrub (as well as the cat) - doesn't do that in my game.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#10 Old 25th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
Oh..then I wonder what actions fixed Shania's game.
I only use the cat statue (miaow)

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 11:36 AM
Even though all of Inge's teleporters are listed as being compatible with Apartment Life, I would stick with the cat statue at the top of the page. That one is known to work properly with AL and I've never heard of anybody having problems with that versions.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:04 PM
"a rotative display" is the best description of a jump bug that I've ever heard.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 5:25 PM
My Sims spun around in CAS when I added the townie brick once. Since I added only the brick, with the idea of making vacation locals, I gave up on making vacation locals immediately and removed the townie brick. My Sims in CAS immediately stopped spinning.