Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#76 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eskie227
<SNIP> If EA puts in the effort, I'll bet the game sells better than TS3 did, which has sold less than TS2 and the original Sims.

So... you're saying TS3 has had less economic success than TS2? If so, that really surprises me.

Or do you mean TS3 has sold less than TS2 and TS1 combined or something?
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 7th May 2013 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by juansfalcin
I don't understand the hype about Open For Business.

I only played Sims 2 for a few months, so maybe I missed out on something. I ran a few things and all you did was stocking shelves with random thingies and had lazy employees. What did I miss?

On-topic comment so I don't get crucified: I hope skin texture in Sims 4 is better. Because the CAS in Sims 3 is actually very good.

But really, somebody tell me why people love OFB so much.

I feel the same. OFB was one of my least favorites.
Instructor
#78 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by High Plains Gamer
I am extremely disappointed that EA is moving onto Sims 4 without completing the Sims 3. In particular, the Sims 3 needs both an Open for Business EP and an Apartment Life EP before it will achieve the same level of completeness as the Sims 2.

In fact, I am downright pissed that they have strung us along for four years, and in the end have delivered a half assed and incomplete game. I guess we will have to wait another five years before the game play in the Sims 4 reaches the level it currently is with the Sims 3.

Totally agree!

May be, just may be, in the far future TS3 may be welknown as "A FLAW" in TS series' history.

FOR OFB hype, I'm one of the hype. I love OFB to death. How fun you can run your own shop, your own restaurant and make money grow from the product you produce or business you run. It's so much fun!

I am totally disappointed that TS3 will skip this EP. So sad.
Mad Poster
#79 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaylaRox
Am I the only person NOT getting it on release date? Considering I hardly ever buy expansions on release date (rather when another one comes out and the one before is $19 at JB Hi-Fi)
I'm going to wait and see reviews and until there's custom content

I will wait at least a year or so before jumping in, if that. I never did get Sims 3.

Like you, I want to be sure the price is right, but also that there aren't any "fiery ball" glitches, and that EA doesn't have any tricks up its sleeve first, like withholding lots of content for its store. Sure, I trust EA!

And eskie ... could you please, please tell me where you got the info re the sales for Sims 3, 2 and 1? I've Googled and Googled re that, and couldn't find it. I'm probably using the wrong search terms.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#80 Old 7th May 2013 at 1:33 PM
Wow super nice!!
Forum Resident
#81 Old 7th May 2013 at 2:55 PM
Quote:
And eskie ... could you please, please tell me where you got the info re the sales for Sims 3, 2 and 1? I've Googled and Googled re that, and couldn't find it. I'm probably using the wrong search terms.
I'm not eskie, but wikipedia has some info on sales and has cites for them in their respective articles and its List of best-selling PC games also has a list, with TS2 as #1 and TS1 as #2 and TS3 as #8. Doesn't seem to count digital distribution, though, and I guess that's going to be more and more of an issue as more and more games are purchased that way.

A fansite I found listed around 18 million for TS3, but did not provide a citation.

I'd love to read where eskie found the info, too.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:03 PM
More than anything, I'm worried about where I would put it... My current laptop houses TS3, and my sisters' houses TS2. So where will TS4 go? I can't buy another laptop and I certainly won't be removing TS3 to make room for it. I think the problem for me is, even though it's next year, it feels too imminent. I feel as though it's too much of a 'business' move and I don't feel I will comfortably be able to afford it and 'house' it until a while after it's released.

That's the trouble with The Sims series... you don't just buy the game, you have to accommodate it like a piece of new furniture, or a pet. It's an ongoing commitment!
Alchemist
#83 Old 7th May 2013 at 3:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PureFilth
More than anything, I'm worried about where I would put it... My current laptop houses TS3, and my sisters' houses TS2. So where will TS4 go? I can't buy another laptop and I certainly won't be removing TS3 to make room for it. I think the problem for me is, even though it's next year, it feels too imminent. I feel as though it's too much of a 'business' move and I don't feel I will comfortably be able to afford it and 'house' it until a while after it's released.

That's the trouble with The Sims series... you don't just buy the game, you have to accommodate it like a piece of new furniture, or a pet. It's an ongoing commitment!

Do you have small hard drives or something?
Mad Poster
#84 Old 7th May 2013 at 5:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone
I'm not eskie, but wikipedia has some info on sales and has cites for them in their respective articles and its List of best-selling PC games also has a list, with TS2 as #1 and TS1 as #2 and TS3 as #8. Doesn't seem to count digital distribution, though, and I guess that's going to be more and more of an issue as more and more games are purchased that way.

A fansite I found listed around 18 million for TS3, but did not provide a citation.

Even reading that Wikipedia article, it was quite an eye-opener! But yes, the digital distribution would have to be a factor as well. Though toward the end, didn't Origin offer Sims 2 games as well? Still ... Sims 3 is a different age in "simming". Thanks, Tzigone!

And even with the second number, The Sims 2 still held its own. From EA's PR material, I thought that Sims 3 left 2 far in the dust. Not quite! While it did beat Sims 1, if you use that number, it wasn't by as much as I thought, either.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Test Subject
#85 Old 7th May 2013 at 6:00 PM
I am very excited, but at the same time, I am hesitant. My main complaint for TS3 was the story progression. I will not make the same mistake and get TS4 the day it comes out. I still have the original sims and TS2, I know I'm gonna get TS4 regardless.
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
Do you have small hard drives or something?

Relatively, I have a few other games on here and other assorted stuffs, so I definitely wouldn't have room for a whole new series of expansion packs etc.,even if my graphics card were up to it.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by clay4kelly
So... you're saying TS3 has had less economic success than TS2? If so, that really surprises me.

Or do you mean TS3 has sold less than TS2 and TS1 combined or something?

Thats actually true. Look online at stats. TS3 sold poorer and was less well received compared to TS1 and TS2. There is a massive reason for that...
Instructor
#88 Old 7th May 2013 at 9:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by shaaaii
I'm pretty sure that if they clearly state that it will be offline, single player in the official announcement, then it will be.

Well sims 3 had 'Online' features tacked-on well after launch.
What they say and do are two completely different things, and EA's track record is say one thing do something completely contrary.

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
One Minute Ninja'd
#89 Old 8th May 2013 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tzigone

I relied on the wiki article you linked to at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...elling_PC_games . While it is limited by the scope of online sales, the rankings are pretty clear.

Even if there really were 18 million sales counting digital sales from that one fansite, it would still be less than the traditional, physical sales figure of 20 million for TS2 (using the wiki article as the source for that figure).

I did not mean to suggest that TS3 has been a failure. It is still a best-selling game by any metric. However, for a game built on the runaway successes of TS1 and TS2, it has not performed as well as one might have expected.
Field Researcher
#90 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:37 AM

Why don't you sell those laptops, and buy a good computer that you could put all the Sims games on? Problemo solved!

19 - Female - Australia
Alchemist
#91 Old 9th May 2013 at 3:18 PM
Why don't you sell those laptops, and buy a good computer that you could put all the Sims games on? Problemo solved!

Whoops, I missed that it was a laptop so I deleted my last post
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 9th May 2013 at 5:56 PM

Space , convenience, portability... and the fact that the youngest laptop is over 3 years old so selling them wouldn't achieve much. I'll just make the most of what I have really and decide what I'll do when the system requirements are actually released.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#93 Old 9th May 2013 at 6:18 PM
Im actually not surprised that The Sims 2 (im a bit proud actually) I think that The Sims 3 is a great game and I really enjoy playing it, but The Sims 2 is done with heart, soul and time. The Sims 2 did not require 1 million patches or had special made worlds that was more expensive than an expansion pack.

I bought a new computer last Sunday and I really hope it can play The Sims 4 well.
Mad Poster
#94 Old 9th May 2013 at 6:42 PM
Space , convenience, portability... and the fact that the youngest laptop is over 3 years old so selling them wouldn't achieve much. I'll just make the most of what I have really and decide what I'll do when the system requirements are actually released.

PM me, I run a computers shop and would gladly evaluate your equipment for you if you gave me the specs. It's most likely worth just trashing, but you could always give them to a place like a thrift shop or a shelter so they can give them to children and women in need. That's what we do with older computers that won't get us much money. We have a free drop-off for anybody who wants to give up their old rig after we get them a new one, and I know of many places that would be grateful for cleanly formatted computers. That, or you could keep one for your portable needs and get a desktop for everything else.

A desktop computer that's up to scratch for gaming isn't horribly expensive for most people if you aim low and upgrade it as time goes by.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Test Subject
#95 Old 10th May 2013 at 7:35 AM
Sounds awesome, i'd love it probably.

But please don't let people buy € 50,00 expensionpacks where you get 5 new cars and 3 new wall colors
Lab Assistant
#96 Old 16th May 2013 at 12:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Artimis
I hope they make more like sims 2 in some ways and like sims 3 in others as in the enviroment detail from sims 3 and the sims detail from sims 2, I have always thought adout sims 3 sims that they were made between sims 1 and sims 2 as I have never managed to make any sim in sims 3 the way I want them to look.

Yes, my biggest complaint about Sims3 is the pudding faces. And they've done a horrible job with the clothing and hair - I wouldn't keep a hair or clothing item from MTS if the hair had bald spots, the hoodies chopped through hair and boots cut into trousers, yet those are regular problems with the hair and clothing that EA makes.

But really, I've loved this game for so long that the only thing that would keep me from buying Sims4 would be mandatory online multi-player gaming.
Page 4 of 4