Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:25 PM
Default Sims 4 Deluxe Need to change the language Edition Russian/ polish/Czech
Hello all i got a small story and a small problem so lets begin the readingMy wife buyed this edition from a WebShop for a lower price, and i know this game is kinda region locked, ,i've tried everything to get this game working on english language. I've drop a "Strings_ENG_US.package" file in the MAP ----> Origin Games\The Sims 4\Data\Client" and the file "GDFBinary_en_US.dll" have been dropt in -----> "Origin Games\The Sims 4\__Installer"

but when i start the game i will get a error in a polish language, is there nothing i can do? Right now i am searching for 3 days now and still got no solution for this problem...
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 28th Jan 2018 at 6:53 PM
You cant change it to english. Sims 4 region locked to russian / polish / czech isnt able to change to english, and never will be. It is this way because if they'd be able to switch to english - a lot of people would buy it for much lower price. I guess you'll need to buy the game again.
Scholar
#3 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 2:06 AM
Changing the language to English, from any other language is a simple as Changing a single registry value to en_US, you don't need to modify any game files, try a dirty google search on TS4 and editing the registry.

The game normally installs the language that your OS is in, if not you probably brought a dodgy copy, and this should be brought from Origin and no where else, if you haven't then you have been robbed. Cheap or not, English or not, this game is worth nothing outside of Origin.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 8:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
Changing the language to English, from any other language is a simple as Changing a single registry value to en_US, you don't need to modify any game files, try a dirty google search on TS4 and editing the registry.

The game normally installs the language that your OS is in, if not you probably brought a dodgy copy, and this should be brought from Origin and no where else, if you haven't then you have been robbed. Cheap or not, English or not, this game is worth nothing outside of Origin.

Usually yes, but as said before the region is a thing apparently.

OP: Webshop is that a genuin shop, or just someone you don't know? I would recommend sending them a complaint, but not if it's just someone on the internet.
Theorist
#5 Old 29th Jan 2018 at 11:30 AM
I researched a bit because stuff like that tends to piss me off to no end. And it really appears that some countries and languages have a lock on them. The Russian/Polish/Czech one seems to be locked even if you buy the game over Origin, since it's mentioned several times here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical...-4/td-p/3436049
And according to that thread, apprently South Africans can only install in English and Swiss users only in English or German (no French?!)
So it seems even a legitimate version bought over Origin can lead to this exact same problem.

Just when you think EA couldn't get any more arsinine, they decide for you in what language you want to play

As someone who avoids translations like the plague if he can help it, I can only say: you, EA!