Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 5:17 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons
Default Can a Mac guru help me? Store related
Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I was hoping someone could give me a hand here. My game is running fine; my problem is with downloading content from the Sims 3 Store, so I think it has something to do with my machine. When I go to do that, the Store page wants to open The Sims 3: World Adventures. It should be opening University, which is my latest expansion, and which it used to do, but now it doesn't. I have no idea what caused this, but the problem appeared after I shifted the game aliases around in the Launcher (I wanted to put them in their own folder so they wouldn't take up half a page). I noticed that if I double-clicked on a .sims3pack to install it, my Mac wanted to open World Adventures, and all of the .sims3pack files in my backups folder were given as belonging to World Adventures. I changed that in the Finder so now they all install ok, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to tell Safari or Chrome that they should open University, not World Adventures. There must be a way. Can anyone advise? Or is there a way to bypass the game launcher for store downloads?

It's not that big a deal, because I can still download stuff from the Downloads Dashboard within the game, but it's a little bit annoying when a set comes up on Daily Deal that I have some of and suddenly Yay! I can get the rest for free. It is mysterious, though. Any insights? Thanks!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 15th Feb 2018 at 8:24 PM