Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 4:20 PM
Default What are these parameters being tested for?
I've searched the boards without finding an answer.

For example, I've seen lines like like Param 0 == Literal 0x0065 in social bhavs. I haven't been able to figure out where Param 0 is being set to that value in the first place (or not, if it returns false) and what that value represents.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:09 PM
Parameters are passed in by the BHAV that calls your BHAV. So if, for example, a BHAV accepts an argument for "number of llamas", any BHAV which calls the llama BHAV will have to pass an arg containing the number of llamas, and that arg will then become a param in the llama BHAV.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 5:55 PM
Okay, thanks. So, a BHAV can pass a parameter even if it doesn't immediately precede it? In other words, if you have three BHAVs and 1 calls 2, which calls 3, can the argument from 1 be used by 3? In the thing I'm looking at, The BHAV that's doing the calling has an arg count of zero. I'm guessing that it must actually be BHAV 2, and BHAV 1 must be tucked into a semiglobal that's not actually in the package.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:00 PM
No, the param has to come from BHAV 2, but BHAV 2's arg count is irrelevant - that tells you how many arguments BHAV 2 takes, not how many it gives. Look at the line which calls BHAV 3 and open it in the instruction wizard - hopefully you'll be able to see what all the arguments are for in there.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:19 PM
I have this page here.

And line F is linked to this event.

I'm not even sure I'm on the right track to learning where the values came from.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  social-arrest.zip (6.6 KB, 8 downloads) - View custom content
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 8:45 PM
Yep, you've found them. You see on line F, in the instruction settings pane, there are a load of options for the BHAV? "Animation: soc-cuff-cuffer // Event tree: 1005" etc.? Those are the arguments/parameters. If you click the instruction wizard button (the crossed tools) you'll be able to see them in more detail, and change them.

Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 9:22 PM
Thank you! Maybe I can finally start to really get a grasp on this.
just a girl
#8 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 12:07 AM
Since this is animation, param 0 is controlled by animation resource. Values 0x0065, 0x0066, etc represent particular points in animation sequence. This way event tree is syncronized with the animation, so the game knows that in at one point it needs to create handcuffs accessory in sim's hand, at another point it needs to delete the handcuffs and so forth.
As you can see, when the param 0 == 0x0065, it's time to create an object (I suppose handcuffs), snap it into sim's hand and run called tree to do some stuff, and that's it for now. When the animation shoots 0x0065 in param 0, event tree knows that it's time to delete whatever it is in the sim's hand (that would be handcuffs). When it's 0x0064 it isn't time to do anything.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 1:33 AM
I see. Thanks.
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Oct 2017 at 5:29 PM
Those parameters, are they automatic ?
For instance, if you create an animation and you want it to be linked to an event, will it be automatic or do you have to mess with codes ?

I believe in the "Thanks" button and its amazing powers !!!