Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 11:21 AM
Default Adding some NPCs to the Game
Hi guys! I've a question about my game. Basically, I'm using Pleasantview as main hood and I've added Strangetown as subhood. I didn't want to add Downtown, so I converted Strangetown to it using SimPe, changing the file names, type of sub and ID (before it was a shopping district); I've also placed a couple of community lots from the original downtown. In game, I've created two Grand Vampire using the NPC and Townie maker, but everytime I got to a community lot neither the Vampire, nor Mrs. Crumplebottom spawn. Is there a way to fix this? Should I add the original downtown and wait for these NPCs to spawn on their own? OR is there any way to force them to spawn into my game as it is right now?
Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:28 PM
Do you have the Visitor Controller? Mrs. Crumplebottom is automatically disabled with it.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 12:47 PM
Hmm, that's odd. If the game is seeing Strangetown as a Downtown, you should have the special downtownies - Mrs. Crumplebottom, the Slob, the Diva and the Grand Vampires. Perhaps it's because Strangetown was not a Downtown to begin with? I would try adding a custom Downtown using a blank hood template (just one the game supplies), and then deleting it. It's safe to delete a downtown as long as you keep one active.

Another point is how long have you been playing and how many characters in the hood? They won't spawn every time, and the more sims you have, the less chance. You might just be unlucky. Before adding any other downtowns, use a spawner item (blender, teleporter, etc) and scroll through the menus and see if Crumplebutt appears as an option. If she isn't there, then she doesn't exist in your hood.

And yes the Visitor Controller is auto set to "ban annoying", if you use that you'll have to set it to allow. Vampires I believe only come out at night, for obvious reason.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 1:34 PM
Thanks for both answer! So:

@Ovenhole: yes, I've downloaded the Visitor Controller but just after trying to go in the community lots because I thought I would be able to spawn NPCs as well. Indeed, I've tryed to use it on a community lot but I allowed all the Sims; I also tryed to ban townies and playable to force the game to spawn other categories, but I stayed in the lot for like 15 hours with just one other Sim (a maid) and no one else showed.

@simsfreq: I thought so, and I added the original downtown (empty, so I wouldn't add any ugly townie), transferred some lots in the lot catalog and then deleted it. I have plenty of playable Sims (From Pleasantview, Strangetown and some random families like Joquet, Landgraab, Tricou, Cordial and McGreggor) but there are just 4 or 5 townies in total ('cause I ve mod that prevent the recreation of them, plus the clean premade). I'll definitely check for Mrs. Crumplebottom, but I've seen the Vampire in the Phone Book (the one that make you know every Sim). If Mrs. Crumplebottom is not in the game at all, do you think that adding the original Downtown once more, but going in a lot in there this time, would help me to get her?
Thanks again for your very kind answers.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 8:12 PM
Does the phone book that makes you know every sim include NPCs like the Grim Reaper or the Therapist? Mrs. Crumplebottom is a universal NPC like them, so if they don't show up, she won't either. You'll have to check with a teleporter for her.

Anyway, how much time did you spend on community lots? It can take a while to find a Grand Vampire, you should expect to spend several nights there.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:00 PM
Exactely, indeed she doesn't show up in there. I've added a Downtown, visited some lots but same story. I've checked with the teleportet and the Sim Blender, and with both I can manage to summon both the vampire and Mrs. Crumplebottom. I even tryed to play with her (after a back up and without saving!) and she works fine. At least she's still in the game LOL the SIm I was using got lectured a couple of times, but while she was making out/romantic stuff with a Witch, the Crumplebutt didn't react.
I even forced the game to summon one of the vampires and I found out some of my vampire-related mods where conflicting: I couldn't interact properly with them and if they tryed to fly the Sim wouldn't disappear, with the bat stuck in the same place. Luckyly, I've fixed everything by deleting the mods and now they're working again.
So they act normally in the lots, butI still have to summon them manually, after allowing them with the VC. I've spent at least 5 nights in the community lot with two different families, but none of them showed. I was thinking if there was a mod like "Crumplebottom/Vampire everywhere", 'cause right now I can only meeting them by summoning them (it's not a big deal, I've the buy/build mode unlocked in the community lots, but still, it sounds too "fake" to me).
Mad Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2017 at 9:28 PM
Crumplebottom shouldn't show up in the universal phone book, that's correct.

Under visitor controller, did you try spawning it on a community lot and clicking "allow annoying"?

Also, where are these lots you are visiting? She will only show up on Downtown lots. If Strangetown is marked as a Downtown, then she should show up there. But perhaps the game isn't seeing it as a true downtown. Could you try adding an empty downtown and seeing if she shows up there? You could use HoodReplace to then import all the lots and the terrain from Strangetown, perhaps.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Feb 2017 at 2:16 PM
Yes, I tryed with both "allow all" and "allow annoying" (usually it says "ban annoying", implying that it's not activated. The lot are in Strangetown, but now that I'm thinking about it, when I changed the type of sub I didn't have another Downtown, so according to the neighborhood selection I don't have a Downtown; I manage to go from the main hood tough but the thumbnail is like empty.
Ok, I'm starting the game and I'll try to add again the Downtown; with the HoodReplace I will import all the lots. Thanks again for your precious advice, I'll let you know how's going
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Feb 2017 at 9:30 PM
Sorry for my late answer, I've been a bit busy lately. Anyway, I just wanted to thank you once again for the help! I've managed to fix the vampire (even if I had never realized there was something wrong with them) and, finally, even the Crumplebutt.
I tryed to replace Downtown with Strangetown, but something went wrong and I just got the map from Strangetown; in the end I had to delete the subhood, but everything is working fine. I think I just have too many Sims in my hood, and basically it's easier if I ban all the playables from the community lot if I wanna meet the harpy or the vampires. They seem to show more often, but i'm not sure if it's just a coincidence; on the other side, the ugly bitch prevented my Sims from Wohooing a couple of times.
I'm also glad to have added the downtown again, I forgot there were so many nice things (restaurant coupons, network friends, smustle in public).
Thanks a lot guys!