Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th May 2018 at 10:31 PM
Default Synchronized dancing - is it possible?
Title should be pretty clear, but I'm wondering if there's any way to get a group (say, 6-12) of Sims to start dancing at the exact same moment and stay in sync for at least a little while.
And how about the TV workout? Some of my Sims definitely strike me as the kind of people who would attend aerobics classes or shit like that.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th May 2018 at 10:42 PM
Should this be in WCIF?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th May 2018 at 11:19 PM
Like in The Sims 2? And the dance bar from the Skylight Studio Store thing? Well good thing then that I have that.

Quote: Originally posted by Tigerman
Should this be in WCIF?

No.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Scholar
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:00 PM
There's also a dancefloor object from Late Night.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 1:01 PM
Yeah but my Sims don't seem too keen on using that even when directed to.

insert signature here
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 11th May 2018 at 5:52 PM
I've had sims synced autonomously, on vacations or apartments. Never have I ever been able to sync them manually. They have always done that themselves. But, I've never really tried the dance floor, my sims are almost never party animals.

I just took this as a gameplay suggestion. Thanks :D
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th May 2018 at 3:08 AM
This is one of the few areas where 3 falls short of 2 and 4. The smustle was fun and I do like watching the group dancing in 4.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 12th May 2018 at 9:48 AM
I totally forgot that this is sims 3 section and I just trew in my sims 2 reply there lol. Yes, I've never even seen my sims 3 sims dance in sync, nor was I able to. But I'm sure the dancefloor that came with late night can do that if you carefully plan it.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 12th May 2018 at 12:22 PM
Yeah well I hope so cause I really backed myself into a corner where I HAVE to have a group of Sims dancing in sync. I can't really take no for an answer here so I WILL have to find a way to make it happen.

How about that Animation Player thingy? How do I use that to play game-default animations on loop, ad infinitum?

insert signature here
Site Helper
#11 Old 13th May 2018 at 3:20 AM
First you would need to find the name of the animation you want to use.
Then it appears as though once you have added it to a playlist you should be able to pause the game and for each sim who is supposed to be dancing select "Play Looped." Once they start together they should continue together.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th May 2018 at 12:57 PM
Alright, that'll be doable then. Now I just need to find the name of the animation. Through Nraas, can I get information on the animation currently being performed by a Sim?

insert signature here