Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:35 AM
Default After playing, which is your favorite season?
There have been a lot of threads about predicting how each season will be, but now that you have some experience under your belt, what season is best in your opinion? How do you spend your time? Do you have a routine for each season?

I personally enjoy spring and summer the most. I don’t know, for some reason I like the atmosphere of it always raining in spring while running around in a pillow fight indoors. It makes my sim’s home feel cozier with a fireplace crackling, while still seeing green out the window. Summer is nice too, especially catching fireflies at night. It has a good feeling to it. In addition, doesn’t summer help friendship? That’s cool since I mostly play popularity as the major backbone of my aspirations. It’s vivid and cheerful, and I always feel the need to breakout the salsa music by the pool at some point.

Granted both are kind of like the ‘default’ appearance, but my computer handles them better than winter. Fall seems like a chore with raking all of those silly trees :]

Edit: Sorry guys, this thread was meant to be a poll .__. Ugh.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:59 AM
I think I like fall the most, mainly because my sims and pets can build skills faster and I like the lighting too.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 3:41 AM
I like fall, probably because it's my favorite in real life too. Spring is a pain just because everytime my sims make friends they fall in love. It would be great if I had a romance sim, but I never play those. lol
#4 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 5:13 AM
I like fall, especially for my university sims. It seems like all I have to do is send them to class a couple times and they end up with an A+ for the semester when it's fall, leaving much more time for other things.
#5 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 1:08 PM
I like winter, because of the snow, but fall is a close second. That skill-building bonus that happens in fall is pretty awesome. Spring and summer are pretty default-y, so I'm enjoying having other seasons in my game to choose from.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 1:14 PM
I like winter, even if my computer sits there for a few seconds everytime the snow starts to cover the ground. I love building snowmen and making snow angels =) and going for polar bear swims at 5am! The only thing I don't like about winter is how the ponds freeze. Makes my fishing sims very sad =(
Though fall is a close second, all my sims get down to work during fall and build up as many skills as they can.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 1:42 PM
I agree with the majority of people - Autumn is my favourite (sorry, I'm English so I refuse to call it Fall lol!) I only discovered yesterday how beneficial it is to university Sims and I love it! Not only do they do their term papers much faster, but when they're finished their little bar thing in the skills panel is 3 quarters full! Fabulous! Then thy only have to go to class once and boom! A+! That leaves so much more time for perfecting their skill set. I love it! But I do like Winter as well, even though on my game the snow looks weird when I have useShaders true.

My avatar was the most beautiful teen I ever had in TS2, in a custom neighbourhood sadly lost to time about three laptops ago, but still remembered fondly!
#8 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 2:58 PM
Well, the fall looks the best, and I just love that my sims can now build skills faster.
Still, I voted winter. I dont know why. Something forced me to do it.
#9 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 11:25 PM
I like all of them! I like the boosts they all have on your Sims. I haven't really tried the romance boosts in spring, but I like the thunderstorms. The relationship boosts come in nice, but the skill boost is the handiest. But Winter by far is my favorite. I guess I like the fact that my Sims finally have a different environment and all.
Inventor
#10 Old 20th Mar 2007 at 11:28 PM
Well, I votes winter because of all the cool stuff to do and because I love the snow, but I'm kinda thinking I like fall better just for the lighting.
#11 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 2:51 AM
I like Spring the best, much easier to make my romance sims happy. Followed by fall because of the skill building boost.
#12 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 10:25 AM
winter for me
i would never choose summer because its been eternal summer for the past 3years,lol!
i love the snow,building snow men,snow angels,penguin, freezing.....
next would be autumn, its soo cute when they play in the leaves ^-^
Test Subject
#13 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:54 PM
winter. I love that they can build snowmen and make snow angels.
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 12:56 PM
spring because the lightning is so beautiful.
my hated season's winter (as in real life too) I just can't see the snow and it makes my comp sooo slow xD
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 1:26 PM
Fall - because of skill building I like the other seasons just as well (well, except maybe winter); don't get me wrong, I love the whole winter scene and all (and it is quite amusing to watch sims freeze to death outside :D), but I dislike winter in real life >.> So it's not my fond thing...

Here and back and then again... rinse, lather, repeat...
Inventor
#16 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:25 PM
Spring, partly becuase it's my favorite season IRL, partly becuase I like sims faling in love autonomous. I'm a strong believer in Free Will for Sims. :D

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:38 PM
I voted Fall, but it's a tough call for me; I love Spring too.

I love Fall's lighting, and it seems picturesque. Winter is exciting as a simmer, and spring's rain is lovely. I love summer in real life, so it's fun to have some heat for the Sims too!
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 3:56 PM
Before i got the game i thought that my fave would be spring but now that i have played Seasons i realized that i love winter. My assumption that i would like spring came from the screen shots i saw before i got the game (we all saw the plant sim and the little girl splashing in the water).
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 5:28 PM
I like the winter...! it's a 360 degree change in the game! also the snow is so pretty.
But spring's lighting is the winner. It has a yellow tint... really neat. And I like the whole "lets-fall-in-love" atmosphere (lots of romance sims).
Even pleasure asp. sims become interesting in the spring :P

"I'm just pretending to be a poser"
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 6:01 PM
Winter. It's just so unique as opposed to the others. I really like the lighting of fall, though, and I've always loved fall in real life.

Summer and Spring are just way too dull, and similar. They could have at least made the trees bud in Spring, but they didn't. :meh: It's okay, though.. since I really do hate Summer and Spring in real life and at least I don't have to play them on here. ^_^
#21 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 6:34 PM
Spring and Summer.

I loved Winter at first, but the snow kind of gets on my nerves after a while.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 7:47 PM
I love spring and fall. I'm not too fond of winter. I like the colors in fall and the leaves falling. it's nice.
Test Subject
#23 Old 21st Mar 2007 at 8:03 PM
I put Summer. It's my favorite season in real life, and there's less rain in Summer. My game lags REALLY bad when it rains or snows, so Summer gives me the most enjoyable game play
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 9:31 PM
It's a really hard choice, but I guess I'd have to say Spring because of the thunderstorms. They look nice, and I really LOVE the way they sound. Winter is frustrating because, just like in real winter, it never snows as much as I'd like it to.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:09 PM
I really Enjoy Winter, and I really dislike Spring, rofl.
I think Winter is the best season because it brings alot to do, you can even fish if the lake isn't frozen, and you can Make Snowmen, have Snowball fights, and make snow angels.

I also like how the snow comes down little by little and not just snows for a bit and after its done the ground changes to like knee deep snow, its actually realistic.
Page 1 of 6