Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#6476 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:36 PM
I wonder what about patching in swings to the base game? I foresee it will be exclusive to the pack.

"This [the lightning snippet] is not quite superpowers or magic, but something fun with lightning strikes."

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6477 Old 24th May 2018 at 9:50 PM
No new world, so no Premades, but then there's good news, it's looks like we can build our own skating rinks, was a little concerned that those could of been off the grid like the CL Festivites..
Forum Resident
#6478 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:01 PM
I'm pretty excited to get seasons - I cannot wait to see how coats and outwear works in CAS, and I think there might be more to this pack than immediately meets the eye. I'm going to give it to 'em - especially with that super power thing at the end. To me, it's a must-have since the game just feels 'off' without seasons in it, and they do seem to be giving me something new enough to make it interesting (we didn't really have proper seasonal events in TS2, so that's exciting.)
Field Researcher
#6479 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:05 PM
I do wonder what ever happened with that "witch" category someone found in the game files at some point. Where they planning on releasing a magic/supernatural pack? Or was it just an error/placeholder? I might look into Seasons and I'm glad they didn't screw us over as much as some people anticipated. Still... where's the werewolves at huh? Maybe they'll make a gamepack with those...

However by now I think seasons or at least weather should be included with base game... instead of removing stuff.
Mad Poster
#6480 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
No new world, so no Premades, but then there's good news, it's looks like we can build our own skating rinks, was a little concerned that those could of been off the grid like the CL Festivites..

I wish they patched those worlds or as official downloadable worlds for free. Having a certain expansion pack would include item replacement over lots. Sorry, I like to fantasize about highly unrealistic things.

Scholar
#6481 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:09 PM
Well, I'm pretty damn excited myself, and I could care less if most of the activities are from prior versions of Seasons. So, take that as you will. I'm super excited to get flower arranging back, because it's one of the things I miss the most from playing Sims 2. Not to mention real glass roofs that aren't decorative objects? I already have a few lots that will benefit from that.

I'm glad to see so many people happy in the community right now and I hate it that there are always folks that just have to try and ruin that. I normally wouldn't dare put that in writing, but sometimes the things I read (especially here) just seriously irritate the crap out of me.

Anyway. I definitely have my moments where I want to tear my hair out with Sims 4, but it's the version of the Sims I've gotten the most enjoyment out of so far. So, I'm really happy today. I was having a pretty crappy week, and this really has helped turn it around for me.
Scholar
#6482 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
I do wonder what ever happened with that "witch" category someone found in the game files at some point. Where they planning on releasing a magic/supernatural pack? Or was it just an error/placeholder? I might look into Seasons and I'm glad they didn't screw us over as much as some people anticipated. Still... where's the werewolves at huh? Maybe they'll make a gamepack with those...

However by now I think seasons or at least weather should be included with base game... instead of removing stuff.

The "Witch" category in Sims 4 Studio is actually for the Hermit in Granite Falls.

ETA: If you look in Sims 4 Studio, it's actually under the outfit categories, not the occult section.
Scholar
#6483 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:17 PM
I'm excited for it. Anyone notice what the woman/sim/mom was doing at the beginning? She was standing at a -table- of some kind and putting flowers into a pot. Possible flower arranging skill? I wonder. Yeah why is it people get all up in arms about having activities from previous games but then at the same time they're like "I WANT THE COLOR WHEEL" "HORSES" "CARS" (Not that I dont want cars!!!) oh so stuff from previous games? Like who bleepin' cares if we've already had that activity in a previous game!! I would LOVE a Sims 4 RETRO pack that brought back a lot of the cool/fun sim-to-sim interactions that we loved.
Mad Poster
#6484 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Craft90

Just rain would do nicely for me in base game. Maybe even thunder/fog/hail. Than the rest they will be able to put full focus that the pack really requires regarding aesthetics, graphics, to the very gritty were all plants change color not just the trees but grass, the finnest details of snow and other seasons. I mean let's face: ton of room to improvement and expanding within this returning concept-theme to the new whole as everybody anticipates for a good reason from a sequal. Also, kinda boring that fans and heat conditioners is yet to be a thing. Those are iconic objects when you think of hot and cold days, or that happens only to be from me?

Mad Poster
#6485 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I'm excited for it. Anyone notice what the woman/sim/mom was doing at the beginning? She was standing at a -table- of some kind and putting flowers into a pot. Possible flower arranging skill? I wonder. Yeah why is it people get all up in arms about having activities from previous games but then at the same time they're like "I WANT THE COLOR WHEEL" "HORSES" "CARS" (Not that I dont want cars!!!) oh so stuff from previous games? Like who bleepin' cares if we've already had that activity in a previous game!! I would LOVE a Sims 4 RETRO pack that brought back a lot of the cool/fun sim-to-sim interactions that we loved.

I would personally at least to have a balance of two, which isn't too much too ask. Having too much new content while omitting classical ones is a bad take, but vice versa also applies. However, this things can't work out and live to that expectation when EA is too stubborn to stop following the mentality of "Yes I can, but shall not", because it doesn't take a genius to figure out how to save and spend carefully their low budget to even the plain field with equal number of cards for stacks of decks.

Scholar
#6486 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:33 PM
The title could of been a bit more original, as we already got Sims 2 Seasons, Sims 3 Seasons, and now Sims 4 Seasons. Googling all this is becoming a little confusing.
Field Researcher
#6487 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Just rain would do nicely for me in base game. Maybe even thunder/fog/hail. Than the rest they will be able to put full focus that the pack really requires regarding aesthetics, graphics, to the very gritty were all plants change color not just the trees but grass, the finnest details of snow and other seasons. I mean let's face: ton of room to improvement and expanding within this returning concept-theme to the new whole as everybody anticipates for a good reason from a sequal. Also, kinda boring that fans and heat conditioners is yet to be a thing. Those are iconic objects when you think of hot and cold days, or that happens only to be from me?

When I think back to Sims 2 I recall that heaters came with seasons. However, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't fans come until Apartments? There was also never any AC unit. I had a CC for that. It both cooled and warmed. Someone also mentioned that rain came before Seasons in Sims 2. I do agree with you though.
Field Researcher
#6488 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
The "Witch" category in Sims 4 Studio is actually for the Hermit in Granite Falls.

ETA: If you look in Sims 4 Studio, it's actually under the outfit categories, not the occult section.

Ohhhh. Okay. I knew it was mentioned on the Sims 4 Studio site. It's a bit... off to have an outfit category for just one NPC tho.
Field Researcher
#6489 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:42 PM
It actually looks good. It's kind of a copy of sims 3 seasons but whatever I love sims 3 so I won't complain. At least this time it's (looks to be) at the same level as the previous iterations and not under. I will see some lets plays before getting it tho.
Instructor
#6490 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:42 PM
Well I am happy about this as at least have things related to the expansion theme, unlike "West Coast Living" ...
Field Researcher
#6491 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:44 PM
I miss that there are not supernaturals with each EP but I understand that some prefer it that way. I think that if they add witches it'll be via a game pack. I guess one of the new things that wasn't in any of the previous games but that is included in the TS4 EP are mud-fights. I agree with the little creativity of the title, but I'm not sure what alternative I would suggest.
Scholar
#6492 Old 24th May 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

I agree with you, and certainly EA has let us down in many aspects here. But the more I watch the trailer the more details I am noticing that I like (although some big ones are missing, sadly. I don't play TS4 either way, so.eh.)

Like I just watched it and thought "Is the grass (the texture on the ground) changing from season to season?" and I think it actually might be. The biggest indicator of this is the part at 0:54, where it gradually shows the same area progressing through the seasons. If you watch the lawn in front of the house, especially as it pans from showing summer and spring in segments to autumn altogether the texture of the grass has clearly changed colors and turned more brown.

I can't lie, this is major for me. Where I live the grass does not stay green through autumn and winter. And seeing as I don't get snow where I live much anymore, yellowish grass is a big part of the winter aesthetic for me.

It could all just be trailer wizardry, but I actually doubt it. This is pretty exciting to me! I wish they could have done this in The Sims 2 and 3.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Field Researcher
#6493 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by hiabara
I'm not good with recognizing backgrounds, so maybe someone else can clarify, but these two screenshots don't look familiar to me? Especially the one with the crane.

That’s Willow Creek. The top picture is from the low end neighborhood with the special tree, and the second is in the neighborhood that Bob Pancakes lives in.
Test Subject
#6494 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:16 PM
Don't forget the target demographic. Just because we've experienced certain features in prior versions doesn't mean everyone has.
Field Researcher
#6495 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
It actually looks good. It's kind of a copy of sims 3 seasons but whatever I love sims 3 so I won't complain. At least this time it's (looks to be) at the same level as the previous iterations and not under. I will see some lets plays before getting it tho.

Seasons in TS3 opened the oceans which was quite exciting! Also the effects during winter and fall are so beautiful. Foggy and misty. Which I don't see much here.
Instructor
#6496 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maelewis
Don't forget the target demographic. Just because we've experienced certain features in prior versions doesn't mean everyone has.

Not only that, if you are making a expansion about weather there are certain activities that will come to mind, its weird having snow but no snowfights and making snowman ... sorry "snowperson" and having rain without jumping into puddles, also that previous games on the series were very completed and I dont get the argument TS4 should do things the others didnt because that doesnt lead to a better game, it just leads for having things people havent really asked for, like oh A TALKING TOILET and not things people expected like cars because we have a "urban" expansion were traffic is still very much window dressing.
Field Researcher
#6497 Old 24th May 2018 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aparkison
Well, I'm pretty damn excited myself, and I could care less if most of the activities are from prior versions of Seasons. So, take that as you will. I'm super excited to get flower arranging back, because it's one of the things I miss the most from playing Sims 2. Not to mention real glass roofs that aren't decorative objects? I already have a few lots that will benefit from that.

I'm glad to see so many people happy in the community right now and I hate it that there are always folks that just have to try and ruin that. I normally wouldn't dare put that in writing, but sometimes the things I read (especially here) just seriously irritate the crap out of me.

Anyway. I definitely have my moments where I want to tear my hair out with Sims 4, but it's the version of the Sims I've gotten the most enjoyment out of so far. So, I'm really happy today. I was having a pretty crappy week, and this really has helped turn it around for me.

I’m sorry you hate it not everyone hypes along every time a new Sims 4 pack is announced (I see that happening every single time). I must object though to the phrasing ‘folks that have to try and ruin that’. People who are expressing a different opinion aren’t necessarily trying to ruin things for others, they just see things differently. Now, you may not care most of the shown activities are copied from the past, but I do. Even if I’d love Sims 4, jumping in puddles, a machine to change the weather, water balloon/snow ball fights, ice skating, that would genuinely disappoint me because I’ve done all that before. Numerous times, in Sims 3. You may not care but for me that’s a problem and you may take that as you will. As long as you don’t take it as trying to ruin your enthousiasm because it’s most definitely not. I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, I just don’t like old features redone. That doesn’t mean I expect you to feel the same way.

I hope by the way they just chose to show familiar features in the trailer first and that there is much much more that will be revealed later.
Mad Poster
#6498 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:20 AM
Besides, it's kinda personal issue If you let someone's opinion ruin your enjoyment or irriate your crap. It's better to learn how to simply just not give a fuck, because regardless If you're taking the hype train or not, we still have the same passion with a different approach. People are just being genuine and aren't praising/critizing for no reason and the sake for nothing, because what point would that be?

Mad Poster
#6499 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:21 AM
Personally the Seasons pack would definitely add realism to my garden, because the status of my garden is permanently in the middle of summer.

In any case, this seasons pack is one highly anticipated one, alongside the pets ones. In fact, since TS2, seasons are usually anticipated.

I just hope a penguin waddles round my neighborhood during a snowy winter day like in TS2.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#6500 Old 25th May 2018 at 12:21 AM
Oof, it seems snow really doesn't accumulate on the ground and roofs like it does in the previous two Seasons packs, it seemingly just applies a flat snowy texture and that is it. That REALLY bothers me, sigh... there always has to be something that has been downgraded with TS4's expansions.
Locked thread
Page 260 of 447