Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:30 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 5th May 2018 at 6:32 PM.
Default Let's Players?
I'm sure and yes chances are the threads out such as this that can be digged up, which I'm not in the mood, but anyone knows any youtuber simmers that play The Sims 2? I need to look for many diverse. To involve with this thread, I will make a list of YouTubers down below that I know that had made (and still progressively continue on doing) a let's play series of TS2.

The Sims 2 Prettacy Challenge by mirta000
The Sims 2 UC by SimSupply.
TS2 Legacy Challenge by AbidingGamer.
TS2 BACC by Nookrium.
Let's Play by JessaChannel.
Strangetown by Marticore
Let's Play by Chris0130

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th May 2018 at 1:51 PM
TheJessaChannel http://modthesims.info/member.php?u=7747901
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheJessaChannel

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 5th May 2018 at 2:50 PM
I don't really watch those - not because I don't appreciate them, but more because of time - I would rather play if I have time to spend on Sims. I have, though, looked for building tutorials - and actually did not find much.
Scholar
#4 Old 5th May 2018 at 3:16 PM
marticore plays sims 2;currently strangetown but used to do pleasantview. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8...bUIHkRCsuwKgi7w

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#5 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:13 PM
If you haven't checked out Whitey28's Sims 2 Let's Plays, I would highly recommend it.

She has done every single neighborhood in The Sims 2 (including Riverblossom Hills, Desiderata Valley, and Belladonna Cove) and she is currently in the second season of Pleasantview.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk...O54LAPMygktASg/
Test Subject
#6 Old 11th May 2018 at 11:24 PM
I also do The Sims 2 Let's Play at least once or every two weeks. https://www.youtube.com/user/merary96/

The quality of the videos do vary per episode, but, oh well.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 12th May 2018 at 1:34 AM
I've watched a couple, but they just make me want to play my own Sims. And time is a factor, as Justpetro said.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 13th May 2018 at 4:57 AM
A lot of people watch my channel/livestreams while playing their own game. They like to listen along while playing. Some find it soothing and listen to relax or sleep.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Scholar
#9 Old 13th May 2018 at 11:30 AM
can we add lets plays that have ended?

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Link Ninja
#10 Old 13th May 2018 at 5:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel
A lot of people watch my channel/livestreams while playing their own game. They like to listen along while playing. Some find it soothing and listen to relax or sleep.

Well you do have a very calming, relaxing voice :D

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#11 Old 13th May 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I don't really watch those - not because I don't appreciate them, but more because of time - I would rather play if I have time to spend on Sims.

I was the same. But during the last months, while my own game was unplayable, I have watched so many of them and I am so thankful for every single Let's Play I've found. :lovestruc

For the list:
Mara Let's Play with Clayfield, New Haven and Seven Toddler Challange
Instructor
#12 Old 15th May 2018 at 3:04 PM
Some let's plays I watch.

TS2 Build A City Challenge by Simsandwins

The Sims 2 Let's Play: Pleasantview by Foreversimming

Let's Play The Sims 2 ISBI by Ganchi_mH

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Test Subject
#13 Old 15th May 2018 at 10:02 PM
xStarlightSimsx. I love her Sims 2 Let's Play.
Instructor
#14 Old 16th May 2018 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel

I get why. You're so relaxed and building nice things and just chat along. I never watch a Let's Play, but suddenly I realised I already watched for 15 minutes. Love it.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:04 PM
I have a friend who's planning on it - in fact, she just messaged me saying she's about to start recording a speed build, I think she's going to speed build all of the houses from the webcomic Homestuck ^^
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 20th May 2018 at 1:55 PM
@SneakyWingPhoenix The TS2 Legacy Challenge by AbidingGamer was a new one to me, will try that one. I appreciate a lets player who does not use an undoctored face 1.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 22nd May 2018 at 8:46 PM
Out of the names not listed so far (that I could tell) xUrbanSimsx was one of the first creators that really got me into watching Let's Plays

I've recently gotten into trying to do my own LP's on YouTube and I've just gotta say... these guys make it look so easy! I love feedback because I'd love to grow and get better like all these big names above so if ya'll have some time please check out my videos ^_^ I don't take criticism personally, it's the only way I'll get better so please be very blunt.

Sims 2 Pleasantview S1 Episode 1 Oldies Part 1

Sims 2 Pleasantville S1 Episode 2 Oldies Part 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 22nd May 2018 at 10:53 PM
@thisfatfunnylife I will take a look. Do you want honesty? I'm Australian so I will give it to you if you want it lol.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd May 2018 at 11:43 PM
@joandsarah77 Yes. Honest feed back is the best.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 22nd May 2018 at 11:50 PM Last edited by joandsarah77 : 23rd May 2018 at 12:09 AM.
Okay, I only caught the start since I had to go do some moderating.

Thoughts so far is your camera work looks good, your voice sounds good but I am doubting the subject matter. There are of course people that still play the pre-mades only after 14 years I think playing pre-mades is a bit stale. I'll go back and watch some more.

Dirty jokes are not always successful- to answer the question.

I'm wondering why he is cheating when his wants didn't show any inclination to cheat?

I think people who play pre-mades should be interested.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#21 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:00 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 23rd May 2018 at 2:38 AM.
[QUOTE=thisfatfunnylife]Out of the names not listed so far (that I could tell) xUrbanSimsx was one of the first creators that really got me into watching Let's Plays

I've recently gotten into trying to do my own LP's on YouTube and I've just gotta say... these guys make it look so easy! I love feedback because I'd love to grow and get better like all these big names above so if ya'll have some time please check out my videos ^_^ I don't take criticism personally, it's the only way I'll get better so please be very blunt.

Love your introduction and appreciate how you speak clearly with a bit of flavor. I find your commentary relaxing, conversational and interesting. (Viewing Sims2 Pleasantview Episode One and BTW I have always enjoyed playing elders. Something I've seen overtime is that those who may hold onto a bit of prejudice towards the elder years in real life carry this attitude over into the game..LOL)

Update. You might consider playing with walls down and ask viewers which view they prefer.

And on the subject of "premades" these are Sims we are all (well, with the exception of those who never play the Sims or Neighborhoods that come with the game!) familiar with. It is interesting to see the many different paths thier lives can take and to compare this with what is going on ( or has happened) in our own game. It is also inspiring and presents new ideas and new ways to play the same Sims and households.
Scholar
#22 Old 23rd May 2018 at 1:16 AM
He never did finish but it's really funny. There are a few moments where it's a little...dark humor...but I laughed: Sims 2 Funny Moments by MattShea

I myself plan to do both Sims 1 and Sims 2 LPs

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#23 Old 23rd May 2018 at 2:35 AM
Some things that I personally like and don't like about let's plays.

Love
A let's player with a nice voice.

Someone who knows how to play. You would think this would go without saying, but I can show dozens of people who do sims 2 lets plays who don't really know how to play!

Good camera work. Nice and smooth, slowly swings around, doesn't move the camera when there is no need to.

Aims for some variety in uploads.

Uses nice Custom Content.

I personally love seeing people's own custom hoods, some kind of story or a challenge.

Dislike
people who start off apologizing for their cold who proceed to snuffle through the whole thing! Ugg. You can get away with that if you are popular but not if you are just starting out cause nobody wants to hear that. Wait until you are well.

Swinging the camera, pulling back and forth. What is this? A two-step? Stop I'm ill and want to get off! Seriously though, I will get ill, literally ill. I have very bad motion sickness. I had to stop watching 2 lets plays I otherwise liked because of this. I even left a comment to one, I don't think they noticed or cared so unsubscribed.

Hitting speed 3 for no good reason. Your sims weren't asleep nor were they at work or school, so why are you hitting speed three than later saying you missed X? Yes I know why you missed X, you were on speed 3! Are you bored? Maybe you are not bored, but it sends a message saying "I am bored" If you are bored your viewers will be too. Showing that you enjoy what you are doing will pass on to viewers who will in turn also enjoy it more.

You use no custom content and make a face 1 sim then another face 1 sim and breed them together. *yawn* At least use a cc or default eye and try to actually make a sim not pick one of those preset faces.

Speed builds that are really fast. Nope, don't like them. Why not just build or decorate and talk. You think it will be boring? Often its quite relaxing; especially if you play some copy write free music in the background.

You can't actually play at all and I spend that 15 minutes or however long yelling at you wanting to reach in and fix your game! Either say upfront that you are a new player and would like tips and take notice of the comments or go and learn how to play first then make a series.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 23rd May 2018 at 8:24 PM
@joandsarah77 I have some plans for a Let's Play later down the line w/the Sims 2 on the Homemaker Challenge. It's a very long challenge and I always have a blast when I play it because it's so hard. It's not my challenge but I improvised my own rules here as the original rules didn't fit all the expansion packs and was written in like 2004. Here's a link to the challenge itself if anyone is curious. My Blog
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 23rd May 2018 at 11:14 PM
I've never seen that challenge. My suggestions for Let's Play's would be something fast, crazy, funny or really hard. Asylum challenge(easy), apocalypse(very hard), Nickel and Dimed Challenge(Hard), Homeless Challange(Insanely hard) or Toddler Mania. (Insanely hard) Right now I am watching the Legacy Challenge by AbidingGamer and while he is doing a great job I highly doubt I would want to sit through an entire legacy challenge. Too long and too much of the same thing. If you decided to start this homemaker challenge I would come and watch, but 10 generations no, that would get be way too long, I would aim for 3 generations.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2