Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:49 AM Last edited by Bulbizarre : 30th Oct 2018 at 8:04 AM.
Default WCIF: Generate baby from parents
I swear I've seen something like this before, but I'm having no luck finding it now.

I'd like to combine the genetics of two Sims and make a baby, but without the whole hassle of getting them pregnant and such. Something similar to Christianlov's Baby Pet Creator, but for regular Sims.

(For background, a few months ago a townie accidentally got alien-impregnanted and gave the infant to the orphanage. However, after that I had some issues with something else and had to restore from backup and forgot all about it until now. I'd rather not deal with the hassle of getting him re-abducted and trying to get him to actually have the baby again.)

Does anyone know if this exists?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 9:07 AM
I thought it was an option on the Tombstone of L&D, but it appears not to be.

You could always make him alien pregnant using the sim blender or sim manipulator (or the tombstone of L&D) and then accelerate the pregnancy until he has the baby. Also you can use the memory manipulator (or SimPE) to add the memory of getting abducted (or of "meeting aliens" if he's Knowledge as either primary or secondary).
Instructor
#3 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 9:14 AM
All I've ever heard of is the in-game CAS feature where once you make an adult male and female sim, you can add another sim but click the pacifier icon and it will randomly make a toddler, child, or teen sim using the two adult's genetics. You can keep hitting the random button and choose what age and gender they are. Once you have one you like, you can go in and edit them more if you want in the CAS.

Chances are you've probably heard of/used that feature before, but I thought I'd just throw it out there. I haven't heard of any mods that do what you're asking, but there may be something out there.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:16 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 30th Oct 2018 at 11:29 AM.
If I need sims to make babies quick, I use the Insimenator (SimBlender and SImManipulator would probably also work). I set the sim as "make pregnant with...", then make the sim have the baby "instantly" - you may also have to unpause the game for a short while before the pregnancy "sticks" (shows as an option when it becomes available, but may take a sim hour or so - possibly the pregnancy token being a little slow). This way is relatively quick, and keeps all memories and such intact, because it's basically a very sped-up regular pregnancy. Instead of waiting 3 sim days, this takes roughly 1-3 sim hours, depending on how long you have to wait for the "give birth" option.

If I need more babies in a go, I choose any number of multiples, since I have the Triplets and Quads mod.

The Insimenator mod also has an alien pregnancy option.

Just make sure you don't make the sim pregnant with the "untouchable" NPCs, or you may get corruption issues. These usually also have broken face templates (you probably know this, but just in case anyone unaware of this fact stumbles over this thread).

There's also the "Tombstone of L&D" option, but I don't use that. I feel the Insim method is quick enough.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 6:32 PM
If I wanted a baby within 1 day. I'd use two options.

I'd personally use inTeenimater, it has always been useful to me. (Though there are alternatives)

Once you've downloaded that, you click on the sim and click 'inTeenimater'. Then click 'My Biological Clock'. A modded clock appears near the sim, and you can use it to manage a whole pregnancy. You can suspend it forever so you can stay pregnant for nearly 9 human months and there are other cool options you will find. It is a really clever mod. You want the fastest possible pregnancy so you would pick 'accelerate pregnancy' and sim would give birth within an hour or minutes no matter what.

In order to combine the genetics of two sims, you can also use the clock for that and pick 'I want a baby with....'. So you can pick anybody who is on the lot including the sim themselves. This is pretty good for managing pregnancy and just generally having babies.

You want an alien pregnancy. I would trigger the alien abduction again and you could also use the 'Start fertility treatment' on the inteenimater clock to make sure they are more likely to get pregnant again. I would also look at how to trigger the alien abductions. And of course, aside from the stuff I have mentioned, I'm pretty sure I have seen some 'have alien pregnancy' 'make me alien pregnant' in a lot of popular mods.

My second option by the way, would be to use the 'Tombstone of L and D' which can be spawned by right clicking on sims, after using 'boolprop testingcheatsenabled true' before entering the sim lot. You can spawn a new baby, a new toddler all the way to elder. This sims created are not genetically connected but they are brand new people for your game.

At the moment there isn't really a mod I can think of that would let you instantly combine the genetics of two sims in game and create a new person. The best option is to automate the pregnancy and then have your sim have the baby within an hour with accelerators. With this you can get pregnant at Monday at 12pm and have the baby by Monday 2pm technically! Hope I could help!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:10 PM
With the insiminator productive adjustor you can make a sim pregnant right away with a sim on the same lot (even visitors).
Then when you heard the charm you can click the productive adjustor again and press give birth. The sim will go in labour right away.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Instructor
#7 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 7:58 PM
It's a mod by Monique, Create Baby With X: http://www.insimenator.org/showthread.php?t=62111
Although I don't know if the Pollination Technician will show up as a possible parent.
Alchemist
#8 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If I need more babies in a go, I choose any number of multiples, since I have the Triplets and Quads mod.

This isn't quite the same topic, but I had an idea recently when someone posted that elders could grow plantbabies. I imagine my elder witch master gardener growing a crop of plantbabies, then curing them to be regular sims. The Ultimate Collection of Cabbage Patch Kids.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Oct 2018 at 11:33 PM
You can do that with the simblender as well. 'have baby with' pick the sim.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 12:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can do that with the simblender as well. 'have baby with' pick the sim.

Doesn't that cause a pregnancy? I thought that's how pregnancy happened with the sim blender.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Oct 2018 at 1:48 AM
Thanks. I'll try Monique's mod and hopefully that'll work. I wanted to avoid trying to get him pregnant again because I had problems with his pregnancy getting stuck last time. If I do have to do it with InSim I suppose moving him in first might keep the glitch from happening.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 12:51 AM
An update: I had to resort to moving him in and then impregnating him. This time, Benjamin gave birth to twins! That was a bit of a surprise.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Doesn't that cause a pregnancy? I thought that's how pregnancy happened with the sim blender.

Yes... isn't that what they want, a baby? To get a baby without pregnancy there is a crib by Ch but I don't know if you can pick the parents.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 7:45 AM
In the original post I mentioned wanting to avoid pregnancy because I previously had issues with it. It doesn't matter anymore, though.