Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2017 at 10:31 PM
Previous problems solved (sort of)
My Macbook will need a new hard drive & may never play the sims 4 or do much of anything on it. Tried to do a factory reset & ended up accidentally erasing & deleting the Mac os x hard drive (just a paperweight now). But I do have an HP laptop, which I used to download & install Origin & all the games I bought.

Unfortunately, even though my mac had the same amount of mods as the HP, the HP laptop lags & doesn't respond when the logo screen music stops. It's fully up to date (the game & laptop) & has plenty of storage space left. I even tried compress the mods, but the program only compresses 37% of the mods (and it's hard to sift through my mods to figure out why the program won't merge all of them), I tried the mod scanner & almost all were OK to use (some were just duplicates, which I deleted), & got rid of unnecessary mods. But my game still doesn't respond, Is it safe to delete Origin's cache to maybe make the game load better?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Oct 2017 at 4:43 PM
You can delete the cache - (any package file) and they will be re-generated as needed. You may also want to continually cull mods you can live without. It may just be a combination of the mods/the size of the folder that your hp just doesn't love. Even though I have a gaming laptop, I keep my mods under 7.5gb. If you have Sims4studio, that will help you do batch updates of mods as Sims 4 gets patched. I don't have a lot of high-poly stuff either, no custom traits, and I backup my saves (and remove some of them) on an external drive so they don't clog up my folder.

Keep an eye on your lastexception text doc as well - that can give you an idea of things that may not be working so well in your game. Your game will be running, yes, but there may be something that just doesn't quite like the game, that you may be able to do without.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 2:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chicvibe
You can delete the cache - (any package file) and they will be re-generated as needed. You may also want to continually cull mods you can live without. It may just be a combination of the mods/the size of the folder that your hp just doesn't love. Even though I have a gaming laptop, I keep my mods under 7.5gb. If you have Sims4studio, that will help you do batch updates of mods as Sims 4 gets patched. I don't have a lot of high-poly stuff either, no custom traits, and I backup my saves (and remove some of them) on an external drive so they don't clog up my folder.

Keep an eye on your lastexception text doc as well - that can give you an idea of things that may not be working so well in your game. Your game will be running, yes, but there may be something that just doesn't quite like the game, that you may be able to do without.

thanks! I managed to go from almost 3500 mods down to 233, but the game still won't load right. I mean, it's a lot less than before, but my game still won't respond when I open it. And Sims 4 Studios won't merge certain files, but I'll try to figure out how much data is too much for my HP

I also realized S4S only merges .package files (I didn't separate the .script files *duh*)
Forum Resident
#4 Old 19th Oct 2017 at 6:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MrDiddles
thanks! I managed to go from almost 3500 mods down to 233, but the game still won't load right. I mean, it's a lot less than before, but my game still won't respond when I open it. And Sims 4 Studios won't merge certain files, but I'll try to figure out how much data is too much for my HP

I also realized S4S only merges .package files (I didn't separate the .script files *duh*)

I replied to the other thread as well, which is kinda redundant, but hopefully if anyone else has an issue they may find it helpful. Good luck to you.