Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 8:59 AM
Default Can I delete some of the Slot_00000x.save files?
I have many of them, but I only play in one save, I mean there is one sim world I play in, not multiple where I play differently. So why I have more save files?
I have
Slot_00000001.save from. save.ver0 until .save.ver4, and the same ones with 00000003.
Can I delete some, so I have just the most recent, if yes, which ones? If not, why not? I played in a previous world, then I saved to my library some of the families and lots, then I opened a new clean world with pre-made families, because my previous world didn't had those. So in the new world I put down the saved lots and moved in the families. I deleted that previous world ingame.
I wonder if parts of that previous game are in my save folder or just the new world's save? Because I want to get rid offiles associated with the previous save. I don't know how to do this and if can I do this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 11:28 AM
I'm fairly certain that if you delete your saves in game, as in when you are about to quit and use the "save as" feature, the only saves left in the folder will be the ones associated with that. You can always move the contents of the folder to your desktop and load the game without them to see if this is correct. Just don't save and you won't mess up anything.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#3 Old 8th Oct 2017 at 6:54 PM
For a single save there should be at least 4 or 5 files in your saves folder taking up around 50Mb, so if your save game is called save00001, you need to keep all those files with all the extensions, but best way to find out, looking at your modified dates, move the old saves out, test your game and if it still loads then you can delete your moved files.