Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 1:41 AM
Default What Should I Do With the Skirt of This Dress?
I'm doing a remodel of the tfbodysundresses because the textures are quite odd. I plan to do three patterns in five colors each, and I've just started on the first one.
I took the top from the cherry TSS tank-top and pants pajamas and after about thirty minutes of stretching and coloring in photoshop, I finished the top (I would call it my best work, actually). Then, not knowing what to do on the bottom, I just took the texture and moved it down. There was a seam, so I added a red sash then shirred the texture of the sash (don't know what to call it). It doesn't look right, though. What should I do with it? Should I do it just blue or red? I couldn't pull that off very well, but I'm willing to try if you think it would work.
(Sorry about the bodyshop lighting, but I just want to show the seams and pattern, not the color or brightness, because I know that's alright)
Screenshots

The queen of mean and baking.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 4:38 AM
Maybe show it in game and closer up as well. How about using a different mesh?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Oct 2014 at 3:49 PM
You're making default replacements for the sundress, right? And you are trying to think of how to punch up the skirt, also right? (Yes, I am slow right now, lol.)

I have two suggestions off the top of my groggy head.

1. If you like meshing and can Frankenmesh, swap out the skirt part for a more interesting one from another Maxis mesh or custom mesh that the creator has an open policy with.

2. If you want to keep it just a retexture, maybe try raising the sash more and making it wider. Personally, I think the sundress looks better as a tank and skirt set rather than as a complete dress. An example would be to make the skirt a solid color, such as red if you want the cherries to really pop.

Just some ideas to encourage you; I'm not a fashionista by any means, so no harm done if these suggestions aren't to your taste. I do like your choice of the cherry tank.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Nov 2014 at 10:25 PM
Sorry I didn't see this earlier!

SleepyTabby- I would make them as defaults, yes (but not defaults that don't resemble the original at all because then I get Angela Pleasant wearing a cocktail dress and that doesn't really make much sense, does it?) and offer customs as well if I uploaded them.
I'll probably attempt to swap the skirt (in fact, I have a skirt from an AL/FT dress) and shoes if I can't find a feasible solution but otherwise I'll try your suggestion of moving the sash up (and making it wider because it is pretty thin).
Edit (sort of?): I've been at it for a while but I think my best solution is to substitute the skirt I made before because this isn't really working. . .ugh.

Jo- When I do something that looks a bit better I'll get some in game pictures, I promise

The queen of mean and baking.
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#5 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 7:13 PM
Looking forward to seeing some in-game pics I'm curious to see what it looks like with a different skirt.