Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#101 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:22 PM
Yeah, that's a missing mesh problem. Check out the FAQ I linked to in the first post and make sure you download the meshes for the items you're getting.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#102 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 9:24 AM
just to clarify.. you wrote that if things are flashing blue it's because the items are not updated enough? :/ does this include things that aren';t furniture? because my problem with custom items is after installing pets, my sims accessories like earrings and glasses are floaty blue things when i load up the game, but once i take him/her to a mirror and "change appearance", and push okay without changing anything, the accessories turn back to normal and work fine. how can i fix it so that it just stays normal on startup? it's getting kind of annoying, since i can't bring guests of the house to the mirror to fix their things as well. by the way, my game doesn't run any hacks. custom clothing, makeup, and hair show up fine as well. it's just the accessories :[
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#103 Old 9th Apr 2007 at 11:59 AM
Accessories flashing blue has nothing to do with them not being updated enough - it's a Pets bug (and yet another Maxian error): http://www.modthesims2.com/article.php?t=202569

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
#104 Old 10th Apr 2007 at 11:39 PM
Default Thank you all so much!
Finally, after weeks of pulling my hair out (pun intended!) I have my custom hair showing up again! I tried all the tips and tricks but the one by Mother Sim in post #58 did the trick. I removed all the custom stuff out of my Collections folder and all of my custom hair, clothes, make-up, etc. are back!

Thanks again!

Kat
Test Subject
#105 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 3:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nurselaur84
im not sure if this has answered my query and if it is the case then thankx, to whoever answers it , but i remerberd havin the same problem when installed ofb, anfd it was down to my CEP files needing updating, i have read numenors post on a new update being available soon so i am at a lost, basically i have blue flashing objects and some of my custom content has been replaced with maxis base objects, have a lot of people been having the same problem or am i the only one??? ps does it matter that i installed 3 packs at once, i mean installed family fun stuff, glamour life stuff then pets does it have to go in a particular order like base, uni, nl,ofb, pets??

this is exactly what happened to me
Test Subject
#106 Old 11th Apr 2007 at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
Mother Sim, since you have Pets you can create Collections from in-game negating the need to use the Collection Creator.

Sorry, I know that this is a post from nearly two months ago, but I just saw it and, as the creator of that program, I wanted to point out that even though Pets changed how collections worked, it didn't negate the collection creator at all. Creating collections in game is still tedious and annoying, so you can still use the collection creator to create collections quickly and easily outside of the game.

As far as Mother Sim's problem is concerned, I'm not sure what caused the collection to become corrupt, but deleting the corrupt one and making it again should fix it. I've received no error reports regarding the collection creator so far, (and am currently working on a shinier, new version) so if you or anyone else continues to have problems with it please tell me my forum or something so I can fix it.

*Sneaks back out of thread.*
Test Subject
#107 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 5:09 AM
Windows just renamed every single file in the folder when I tried moving it because the names were too long. This screwed me up, didn't it?
Test Subject
#108 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 9:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orkagal
is anyone else unable to connect to sims site thru the game , even though u are connected?

i'm a bit late but yes orkagal i cannot connect through aswell
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#109 Old 20th Apr 2007 at 2:37 PM
ojiru, as long as the file extension is still .package the files will still work with the exception of certain hacks/mods like InSIMenator.

tottydotty112, this thread is for custom content not showing up in-game after installing an expansion pack. We don't support problems connecting to the Exchange from within the game.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
#110 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 1:37 AM Last edited by moshi_moshi_suttato : 24th Apr 2007 at 1:52 AM.
heeelp. @__@ I just installed "sims 2 celebration stuff". I LOST ALL OF MY CUSTOM CATALOG ITEMS.
I managed to keep my hair and accessories, though. this is bad. @_@
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#111 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 2:21 AM
moshi_moshi_suttato, did you Enable Custom Content and restart the game?

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#112 Old 27th Apr 2007 at 9:48 AM
Thank you SO much! I just got Seasons and my cc wasn't showing up. But this fixed it. You saved my simming expeirence!!!
Locked thread
Page 5 of 5