Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jun 2015 at 12:17 PM
Default Borked the Computer Screen Mesh Badly; oh noes!
Okay, I am confused.
I'm trying to make this computer, and I thought my biggest issue was going to be adding a translucent hologram screen. How wrong I was; that's the only thing that turned out right, unfortunately.
The screen effects are all over the computer mesh.
I cloned one of the base game computers, and gave the mouse the 0xBBA936AC joint and everything else the 0xCD68F001 joint, since that's what I think was going on with EA's computer.
Alas.
The struggle is real.
I'm going to try removing the 0xCD68F001 joint and see what happens. (More than likely? Nothing good. )
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 12:22 AM
Great llamas above, help me!
It's even worse now -- the whole darn thing moves with the mouse -- what hath thou wrought?
I'm uploading the piece of crap -- what did I do wrong, please?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  MurfeeL_ME3 Computer V2.zip (283.7 KB, 4 downloads) - View custom content
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 12:53 AM
We're about ready to get hit with a storm so no looking at your object for me right now. But - your first post, it looks like the computer has the screen's texture OR isn't mapped to it's texture properly. The second post - you probably have the computer and mouse assigned to the same joint and that's why the computer moves with the mouse.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Jun 2015 at 7:30 PM
Omg stay safe during the storm! (I miss living in Florida -- the thunderstorms we'd get down south were like witchcraft )

Honestly, I have no idea what I did -- it looks great before the sims turn on the computer, which is when all hell breaks loose. If it was a simple decor item it would look sexy.

I thought it might be maybe the Group order?
- the Mouse and mousepad are Group 0
- the computer chassis is Group 1 (the part unfortunately being affected by the screen effects)
- the hologram screen is Group 2

The EA computer I cloned has
- the chassis is Group 0
- the shadow mesh is Group 1
- The screen is Group 2

*shrugging my shoulders*

I don't want any computer effects seen at all.

Maybe I need to add another group, and make it Group 1, and make the size super small and hide it, so the computer effects can't be seen?

Or, if possible, have the computer effects show up on the hologram mesh, not the computer chassis by swapping the group order? I don't know though -- I lucked out getting the holographic screen to work though; I thought it wasn't going to work, and I don't want to push my luck by messing with it.

I'm going to try auto-assigning the joints with the Mesh Toolkit -- nobody laugh at me.
Screenshots