Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2015 at 8:20 PM
Default Creating Terrain Paint for In-Game Use
Hello!

I am desperately trying to make some terrain paints for in game use. I have the dds files all prepared and have installed the TSRW. I have cloned one of the EA paints and replaced the texture with my dds premade texture.. However nothing happens... My texture doesn't appear in the viewing platform (i'm not sure if it is supposed to be there or not though) and it definitely doesn't work in game since it doesn't appear in the terrain paints despite having successfully installed.
I'm assuming that I am missing something... Unfortunately I cannot find any tutorial anywhere on how terrain paints are made... Can someone help me?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 1st Jul 2015 at 8:08 AM
Hey,
I don't know how to use TSRW, so I explain you how I create terrain paints.

You need S3OC to clone a terrain paint (if you want to create a lawn paint you go for a existing lawn paint, so it's already in the right category). Clone it with "renumber/rename internally" and give it a unique name.
Then you open your package with S3PE and export the texture. Open it in your graphic editing program and insert your new texture - save it with the same name it has and with mipmaps and DXT5. Now you go back to S3PE and import the file. That's it.

Im not a native speaker