Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#101 Old 6th Nov 2012 at 9:37 PM
You're welcome, and thank you, LadyAnna! I did see your posts on the Warwickshire thread, but I have just been so busy lately I hadn't had time to comment!
I think it is great that you have found ways to link together the three different challenges into your own game and playstyle. I am finding more and more mention of players doing this with a variety of challenges. Makes it even more fun and interesting to play the sims, eh?

Find all of my Challenges in MTS Sims 2 Challenges "Ye Olde" Section:
Vllygrl's By George! Regency Play Style/Challenge; Regency/Victorian ROS;
The Medieval Charter Challenge & ROS for MCC;
The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 26th Jul 2013 at 6:17 PM
I'm going to be playing this challenge (or trying to anyway), but since I don't really like historical settings I'll use a different backstory.

It's the twenty-first century, and technology is rampant and become more all-encompassing with every day. A small group of people crave a simpler life, going back to their roots. They want to go back to the start of the Simean dream, where personal ability and hard work moved you up in the world. They want to live a quiet life, close to the land and to their god: the Big Sim in the Sky - or BISS for short. Back to the rules society has since discarded, where class diference meant something and a men was head of the house.

This group of people decide they can't do this in present-day sim society, so they pack up their bags and move to an idyllic piece of unspoiled land. The land belongs to an old family, whose heir has long since been lost. The steward, however, supports the group and approves them living on the land. So, having left most modern technology behind, they settle into their new lives.

Well, that's the plan. *Goes off to download all the hacks needed, hoping she doesn't ruin her game, and then setting up the neighborhood*
Mad Poster
#103 Old 27th Jul 2013 at 6:12 AM
I enjoy following this sort of thing, just to see what people come up with. ESPECIALLY pictures of the neat CC. As for playing - I'm to ADD to play anything past 3 generations, and the rules are too much like work; so I won't be playing, just watching. Still fun!

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#104 Old 28th Jul 2013 at 12:51 AM
I've got my hood set up, and am almost ready to play. I do, however have a question.

The challenge says any excess children (exceeding the household limits set for the different classes) should be sent to the foundling home. But I've got no idea how to do that...
Instructor
#105 Old 29th Jul 2013 at 10:50 PM
First of all, I figured out the answer to my question above.

Second of all, I finally started playing! I'm going to be blogging my story, and the prologue is up here: https://kinnysee.wordpress.com/

I'm almost half-way through round 1, and loving it so far. I usually micro-manage my sims, and the only thing I ever tried was the Legacy challenge (or something similiar at least), but that got boring after a generation or two. But this, it has so much potential! The different levels of sims means having different things to do, and not everything has to be 'perfect' so no micro-managing, which brings cool surprises along the way.
Instructor
#106 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 2:08 AM
I finished my first round of playing, and have had no problems so far. One sim died - by design - but otherwise I've managed to keep everyone alive, although barely sometimes. I'm loving the fact that you play for one season, equalling five days. I'm used to playing a sim-week, so seven days, and usually I got a little bored at the end of that time period with the family I was working on. So this way of playing works much better for me.

I've got blog posts planned, one a day, for this round, while I'll be starting the next round. From this round on, I'll be including neighborhood wide random occurence scenarios, as well as random occurence scenarios for each family. I'm quite looking forward to this, as it's another 'I've never done this before' thing.
Test Subject
#107 Old 1st Aug 2013 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by samantha_kathy
I'm going to be playing this challenge (or trying to anyway), but since I don't really like historical settings I'll use a different backstory.

It's the twenty-first century, and technology is rampant and become more all-encompassing with every day. A small group of people crave a simpler life, going back to their roots. They want to go back to the start of the Simean dream, where personal ability and hard work moved you up in the world. They want to live a quiet life, close to the land and to their god: the Big Sim in the Sky - or BISS for short. Back to the rules society has since discarded, where class diference meant something and a men was head of the house.

This group of people decide they can't do this in present-day sim society, so they pack up their bags and move to an idyllic piece of unspoiled land. The land belongs to an old family, whose heir has long since been lost. The steward, however, supports the group and approves them living on the land. So, having left most modern technology behind, they settle into their new lives.

Well, that's the plan. *Goes off to download all the hacks needed, hoping she doesn't ruin her game, and then setting up the neighborhood*

I love this idea.
I hope you dont mind, but I am totally using this idea for my attempt at this challenge.

Thanks for the inspiration.
Instructor
#108 Old 2nd Aug 2013 at 11:01 AM
I don't mind at all! If you're going to be blogging about it, make sure to leave a link here, as I'd love to see.
Instructor
#109 Old 10th Aug 2013 at 1:40 AM
Round 1 is posted entirely on my blog now. I'm almost half-way through round 2, and sims are dying or nearly dying in several households. It's quite a differen mind-set than my previous perfect life micromanaging style :D.
Instructor
#110 Old 19th Aug 2013 at 2:55 AM
I'm almost through playing the second round now, and coming up on a question. To build up the town, there's two kinds of buildings (community lots): the communal ones which get placed by the steward and the business ones, which are paid for by merchants (playable sims). When the treasury hits a certain point, you 'unlock' these buildings. For instance, I have a communal well and a village green, and at the end of this round I can build a curch and cemetary. But the hedge tavern that was 'unlocked' with the communal well and village green, and the weekly market that I'll have unlocked at the end of this round can't be build, because I don't have any merchants yet that can own it. At least, I think that's how it works?

So, do I need to wait until one of my yeoman families makes it to merchant before placing the tavern and weekly market? Or do I place them, unowned, and have them bought as soon as a yeoman family makes the money to go up a class level?
Instructor
Original Poster
#111 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 5:07 AM
So glad you are enjoying the MCC, Samantha_Kathy! Welcome also Grammapat -- it is fun to follow these things, isn't it? -- and Wabbit4odd, I am glad you wish to adopt Samantha_Kathy's awesome backstory idea for your own "go" at the MCC! I've been away and very busy most of the summer, so I must apologize for missing all your comments over the summer everyone!
To try to answer your question, Samantha_Kathy, although by now I am sure you have hit upon a solution anyway, the owner of the Hedge Tavern is actually meant to be in the Yeoman station -- it is the only business venture which is allowed ownership by anyone outside of the Merchant station. All other Yeoman station costermonger and artisan businesses are home businesses, whereas the merchant businesses are community lot businesses. I hope this helps!
I am now going to go and read your blog -- yay!
Cheers,
Vllygrl

The Crown of Laurels Challenge; & Besieged! New Medieval Challenge & Medieval ROS.
Instructor
#112 Old 29th Aug 2013 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by vllygrl
the owner of the Hedge Tavern is actually meant to be in the Yeoman station -- it is the only business venture which is allowed ownership by anyone outside of the Merchant station. All other Yeoman station costermonger and artisan businesses are home businesses, whereas the merchant businesses are community lot businesses.

I hadn't stumbled upon that answer yet! I did know that all other yeoman costermonger businesses and artisan businesses were stupposed to be home businesses, and the merchant ones community lots, but not that the hedge tavern could be owned by a yeoman. That will make it a bit easier, although there's still no yeoman family with enough money yet :D.

On another note, this challenge actually makes me use OFB! Way back in the beginning, when it just came out, I think I played with it a bit, but other than that I never really did the business owning with my sims. It seemed complicated, I got negative reviews all the time, and I couldn't even get one business to be successful let alone 5 like the lifetime want. But since I " have to" have businesses now, I'll at least get some use out of OFB!
Instructor
#113 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 2:44 PM
Round two is finished! I had six deaths this round, none of them deliberately! (one through a random scenario roll, the rest due to circumstances)

One family moved up a station, with the help of a random scenario, which also brought so extra drama into the hood, because the brother left behind was pissed :D

Now that sims are moving out of the house and families are a bit larger (not much, but a bit), each household takes a bit longer to play. This makes the round last longer, also because there are more households. Still, I'm having fun, because so far each household has their own specific way of making money/getting food. Some get rich faster, others will probably live in squalor for generations. Fun times!
Test Subject
#114 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 2:02 AM
I'm trying to find a list of the rules. The document here just says things to spice it up. Am I looking in the wrong place?
Instructor
#115 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:00 AM
Dwnload the file at the bottom of the list.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Instructor
Original Poster
#116 Old 16th Aug 2014 at 5:37 AM
Thanks, lbsgirl24!
Yes, Taratears, the one you want is the MCC Final 3.0.
Glad to see you are interested, and let me know if you have any questions!

Lab Assistant
#117 Old 12th Feb 2015 at 11:08 PM
With the new crafting stations available I was wondering about the weaver position. I would have posted at the Keep but my internet provider won't let me in. I thought reed collectors and basket weavers should be peasants while furniture weavers should be yeomen. Does that work? Just not sure how my Yeomen can purchase reeds since they can't go to a home business to purchase them unless everything is sold to a merchant on a community lot. Will that work? Or how do you suggest using the weaver crafting bench?
I Have also been using the laundry tub and chandler from Affinity Sims for peasants.
Instructor
Original Poster
#118 Old 19th Feb 2015 at 5:05 AM
Hi Celticlass,
Aren't the new crafting stations wonderful? I think your call on reed collectors and basket weavers being peasants and furniture weavers being yeomen is right on. Can yeomen purchase reeds at a farmer's market type of community lot? Or, the yeoman could summon the peasant using the sim blender or other method to his lot, make the peasant selectable and empty his inventory of all reeds, then the yeoman could pay him. The laundry tub and chandler making look like fun!

Instructor
Original Poster
#120 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 4:19 AM
Welcome, PlatinumPlumbbob! I hope you add it to your list and if you ever have a chance to try it, please let us know how it goes. As well as the challenge thread here on MTS, there is also a good thread on the challenge at the Plumb Bob Keep if you are interested in reading more:
http://www.medievalsims.com/forums/....php?f=96&t=485

Cheers!

vllygrl

Test Subject
#122 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 12:23 AM
Hi Vllygrl - I've been re-reading old MCC posts here and on PBK. Have you seen the new hunting and traps objects from Sunni and Frac? The first one allows your sims to hunt. lol The second one allows your sims to trap animals from small ones like birds to deer, boars, etc. Very exciting!!

I asked you a few questions about it on PBK, but maybe you haven't had a chance to check these out yet?

I love all the new stuff they are coming up with over there. I'm so glad there's still such a wonderful Sims 2 community continuing to come up with brilliant things to enhance our game especially for our medieval sims.

-Tricia
Instructor
Original Poster
#125 Old 22nd Feb 2016 at 5:57 PM
Wow, PlatinumPlumbob, good job with your beginning! I love your pictures and especially love the Gardener's storyline! The scarce water situation and petitioning for an irrigation system should build some interesting drama.
Looking forward to hearing more about Arbordale!

Cheers, vllygrl

Page 5 of 11