Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#1801 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 9:30 PM
Well whatever works, it's all good!
Advertisement
Theorist
#1802 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
Well whatever works, it's all good!

indeed, it's good to have options!
Forum Resident
#1803 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:49 AM
I've bought Jungle Adventure but haven't played it yet. I plan to send my eligible heirs, twin brothers, on their YA birthday to kind of find out who will be the next leader of the legacy. Any ideas for a good challenge for them there?
Lab Assistant
#1804 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 5:44 PM
My Sim Shaun did something in the Jungle and now has a sun permanently attached to his head. He and Joshua have gone home again and he still has the sun. I'm already tired of it.
Scholar
#1805 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 8:14 PM
It should go away after two days. If its past two days... oh dear. Try going to a different household and then back to Shaun and see if it's still there.

So little Vanessa aged up! She did lighten up in skin tone as predicted. Her skin is different from her moms, it's more reddish toned.

Here is how she compares to her cousin Annabelle, who's dad is her uncle.

Same nose and eyes!

Mom Olivia (Is it just me or is Olivia the most beautiful premade sim ever? grown up that is)

Here is daddy. I created his brother Graham in CAS and then added Elliot here by using genetics to create his brother. They have the same eyes and nose but differing bone structure and lips.

This is Annabelle grown up:

and Vanessa grown up:

So these cousins look very much alike because their dads are brothers who look very much alike.
Field Researcher
#1806 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 1:58 AM
I wish I had something to share ut the game forked up for me real bad and I lost all progress. I had managed to have my teenager both join the "jerk" group and also grown up into a youth, But then things went haywire. The game got stuck in a state where I couldn't leave the lot, nor save (because a Sim was supposedly "aging up" even though he was already grown up). Then I accidentally started a come together at the home lot. Which lead to them sabotaging stuff which the Sims considered bad behavior. Eventually they got kicked from the lot. However somehow my Sim got kicked aswell. But he was inside at the time so I got stuck looking at the house and no commands went through, So I was forced to quit and lose all progress cos the bloody game wouldn't save. That was an annoying bug. Lesson learned though, save more often and don't invite a group of sabotaging mischiefs to your home lot.
Lab Assistant
#1807 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:43 AM
My Sim Shaun lost his sun, which was a relief. Then he got on his rocket, he is top of the Astronaut career, and went to Sixam. There he met an alien. The next night when back at home he got abducted and is now pregnant. Despite this, the alien he met calls him frequently and they go out. They went to Karaoke and then to the spice festival. He is about to give birth any moment but she doesn't seem bothered. Meanwhile, Joshua has moved out to Brindleton Bay and has acquired two dogs and a cat. I am hoping to mate the dogs but have no idea how to do this. One dog seems more interested in the cat.
Scholar
#1808 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 4:04 PM
I'm now playing an older household I haven't played in ages. The father sim is named Nigel, he is married with a teenage son, child aged daughter and toddler daughter. His elder father also lives with them. Nigel is a level 10 food critic, a foodie, snob and a vegetarian. Its been so long since I played him his parenthood level was 1 and his kids had none of the character values. The family lives in a mansion in Forgotten Hollow. They are the only family I have that live there.

Occasionally I still forget he's a vegetarian and I get this kind of drama:

I also downloaded a dog for him, a bloodhound named Holmes (thats the name he came with). I think that the gallery is worth looking at if you're looking for a type of pet, because some simmers have done really amazing jobs of coat patterns.
Lab Assistant
#1809 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:30 AM Last edited by 8265jww : 1st Apr 2018 at 8:35 AM.
My Sim Shaun had triplets. They are all green. He married his alien girl friend and she is pregnant. She is red. They will be a multicolored family. It is hell in their house with her being sick and the triplets all screaming. They moved into a bigger house and have a nanny, which is a bit of help. Meanwhile, in Brindleton Bay, Joshua has acquired yet another cat. It was a stray he adopted. It tears furniture and sits on top of the refrigerator. I would like to get Joshua married but he is only interested in food and animals. I want a mod so he can marry a cat or a dog.

(I have to type can not in full etc. otherwise it appears like this ——can’t. This only happens on this site.)
Scholar
#1810 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 8:03 PM

Nigel: OH! You dyed your hair...blue..! Timothy: It's not a phase dad.

Most of their mansion is lit strictly by candle light (candelabras and candle chandeliers ect) ONLY so in candle light, his blue hair looks more teal or aqua, which I think is cool. Its more true blue.

Little Timmy (Timothy) Stafford has his first girlfriend. It's Cassandra Goth.

Later that night I saw him playing basketball with a mosquito trap plant. Hope he's okay.
Field Researcher
#1811 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:20 PM
I bought Jungle Adventure (in the bundle with Fitness Stuff and Toddler Stuff,
the bundle was cheaper than Jungle Adventure on its own even though I already had Toddler Stuff),
Fitness Stuff and My First Pet Stuff yesterday - I started with the jungle!

Valentina cleared her first temple last night, but only after being poisoned, cursed with a sneezing
curse and then attacked by bees after peeing...

Lab Assistant
#1812 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:30 PM
I'm playing a farm-based legacy (my first legacy ever, in fact) and recently my second son, Cameron, aged up to a child! He looks just like his mom, Summer Holiday.

I'm also planning on having a third child, but kind of debating speed running the Toddler stage. I love the toddlers, but since I'm playing on a long lifespan they get to be quiet a handful really quickly. So that's what's happening in my game, haha.
Scholar
#1813 Old 7th Apr 2018 at 10:44 PM
Okay so I'm still playing the Stafford household. I realised that it's actually been a year and a month since I played them, but once I got back into playing them, I enjoyed them.

So daughter Grace aged to teen.

Toddler Emma aged to child.

She's pretty GNC

Nigel and Hailey had one last baby and named him Freddie. Here he is playing with his big brother Timothy. Freddie stands out from his 3 siblings. He looks just like his mother! (I aged him in CAS to see)

Nigel is totally handsome

They live in Forgotten Hollow but there are no vampires here. (I bought the vampire pack mostly for the extra neighborhood and victorian/gothic stuff, but I hate vampires isn't that silly)
Forum Resident
#1814 Old 8th Apr 2018 at 8:10 AM
Okay so I'm still playing the Stafford household. I realised that it's actually been a year and a month since I played them, but once I got back into playing them, I enjoyed them.

So daughter Grace aged to teen.

Toddler Emma aged to child.

She's pretty GNC

Nigel and Hailey had one last baby and named him Freddie. Here he is playing with his big brother Timothy. Freddie stands out from his 3 siblings. He looks just like his mother! (I aged him in CAS to see)

Nigel is totally handsome

They live in Forgotten Hollow but there are no vampires here. (I bought the vampire pack mostly for the extra neighborhood and victorian/gothic stuff, but I hate vampires isn't that silly)

You make such beautiful pictures. Love 'em!!
Lab Assistant
#1815 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 2:37 AM
A little update on this previous post. (My 100 Baby Challenge)

The first 3 babies that were born (the triplets), have aged up into Young Adults and moved out of the house.

A picture of baby #4, toddler Raina playing with her blocks. This was taken awhile ago, and she's actually a teen now.

When she went to bed that night, the infamous sim returned...

I couldn't decide if this was sweet, or creepy.

Either way, she still looked pretty pleased to be around in my game:

I think her smug look definitely gives off a more sinister vibe, no?

A while later, I built a completely new home for my household. I had forgotten all about my bipolar apparition and her destructive ways.

The interior is still very much a WIP. I'm having the mom upgrade all the expensive plumbing since she has a 10 in handiness (I've been using the workbench and marketable trait to earn simoleons)

I started inspecting my home from a few different angles. And stumbled upon something in the distance...

I had completely forgotten that a sim had died in the neighborhood! I have my MCCC settings set to allow this to occur. I bet you can guess whose urn this is! Perhaps she was trying to tell me that she didn't like having her final resting-place be on an asphalt road in the desert.
Scholar
#1816 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sleepyrose
You make such beautiful pictures. Love 'em!!

Thank you! I try. :lovestruc

Here is some pics of Timothy with a new look. He's almost reached his birthday. 14 days until he's reached young adulthood. Unfortunately, his grandpa who lives with him will probably kick the bucket in even less time than that...

He's gonna be handsome like his dad, but with darker skin and brown eyes. He'll grow up to marry Cassandra Goth. They'll live in Forgotten Hollow too.

I didn't spend too much time playing the game today as I was busy making a house which took forever (particularly because the game froze up from me yelling at it and I had to start all over) but it's done now and in my gallery under my username. I'm new to building but I like the challenge.
Theorist
#1817 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 9:54 AM
Here is some pics of Timothy with a new look. He's almost reached his birthday. 14 days until he's reached young adulthood. Unfortunately, his grandpa who lives with him will probably kick the bucket in even less time than that...

Umm, okay. Not going to lie. This one is cute. Holy balls. More of this longer hair please. More yes. Would date.
Scholar
#1818 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 10:01 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 9th Apr 2018 at 5:10 PM.
Thanks! I know I love that hair length and style right? The hair is by Rusty sims if youre interested: https://rusty-sims.tumblr.com/ (Sorry wasn't on my PC last night, you gotta scroll down to find it, it's not in his CC list)
Mad Poster
#1819 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:11 AM
Well, after an accident rendered my computer unusable beyond factory reset...I have to rebuild all four of my Sims games from 1 to 4.

Yes, the universe collapsed in on itself and I wiped out all of Simanity because I did not back up properly or at all. But I see myself as a Mesoamerican creator god...this isn't the first time it happened and I can assure you this won't be the last and, just like the creator gods, I will remake my civilizations.

I originally planned for Dana and "me" to have a few children and I'd rope Dex and Tom, who I spared the drowning pool treatment, to care for their half siblings. (I only drown those who are out of line with my teachings like "Thou shalt not entice others if you have the Unflirty trait." or "Honor thy mighty benevolence that is woman.")

Yeah, as a creator goddess to digital beings, I can fix this. But I will need help fixing my computer's disc drive. Somehow a disc got stuck and it interfering with reading makes installing disc-based programming a bitch to even attempt anything. I have an external drive, but I would need to clean up my desk to lay it flat.

That and real life of finding a job, nursing health conditions, giving my room a thorough cleaning since I moved about 19 months ago into this room, keeping appointments...

The above explanation should give you a rough idea of my real life and technical difficulties impeding on my progress. I hope to be able to attempt a reinstall tonight.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#1820 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 9:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
Well, after an accident rendered my computer unusable beyond factory reset...I have to rebuild all four of my Sims games from 1 to 4.

*snip for length*
The above explanation should give you a rough idea of my real life and technical difficulties impeding on my progress. I hope to be able to attempt a reinstall tonight.

OH my GOD that absolutely sucks. I had some PC issues a few months ago, my Power supply which was a generic brand (no-no) decided to slowly die, and then the new replacement Powersupply was bad out of the box (it literally fried). I was also having rebooting issues after the big Windows creator update (but those have been since fixed). I'm quite paranoid about these things so I have backups everywhere, but I think its high time I do it again. Sorry about your game.

AS for mine;

Roger's life bar was full and bubbling like champagne. I decided to give the teens some time off school so they could spend some precious time with Grandpa.

Here I sent them to a restaurant for a nice meal together. (Everything went well)

Quality time spent with grandpa

Saying final goodbyes to his grandchildren

Finally Roger passed away and everyone was CRUSHED. LOL NO THEY WERENT. The game decided to glitch or bug out and nobody even noticed him collapse. They were shocked by the sudden appearance of the Grim Reaper but they didn't get a MOURNING moodlet. I was mighty pissed. I tried to redo the death THREE times but each time they failed to notice him die or mourn his loss. I don't know if this was due to a mod or what...or just the game being the game. But its the first time it's happened. I ended up just giving them all a generic very sad moodlet instead.

However Nigel was able to talk to the Grim Reaper about Grilled Cheese sandwiches, completing the Grilled Cheese aspiration. (he's a foodie so it seems appropriate)

Everyone is moping around but I think they'll be alright.

Timothy will age up tomorrow so hopefully I can share pics of him soon. (He dyed his hair back to its natural color)
Test Subject
#1821 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 2:02 PM
Well my sim just set fire to herself doing MIXOLOGY. who knew mixology could be so dangerous?
Scholar
#1822 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 9:36 PM
Dear Diary,

Today was my 20th birthday. I’m no longer a teen, I’m finally a young adult. I should be really happy today, but the truth is, I’m not.

You see, my grandpa died a few days ago. I hope he likes the slice of cake I left him. (Stupid Holmes ate it) We surrounded the grave with Grandpa’s favorite flowers. He was always checking out the plants on the balcony. I think this would have made him happy.

To be honest, I am really worried about my dad. It was only the morning, and he was already drunk. I think he started drinking heavily to cope. He’s never had this problem before, he’s always been pretty stable. But I think this set him over the edge. It’s like he’s been abandoned twice now in his life, by his dad, even though death isn’t really the same as abandonment. But to dad, it feels like it…

He just won’t stop crying and I think his depression is making Emma’s reaction that much worse because she looks up to dad so much. I am really worried about them!

I moved out to the house down in the townsquare, just a quick walk away from where my family lives. It's a beautiful, half timbered tudor style home (made by me teehee). The welcome wagon came and who was it? MOM AND DAD, duh. Since we are the only family that lives in Forgotten Hollow. Dad still looks so crushed. He said he wasn't okay. He's in treatment right now to help with his grief. I think he'll be okay.

-Timothy
Forum Resident
#1823 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:02 PM
So, I wanted to start a game file doing something with my game that I usually don't. I created a single sim (normally a family player), who's biggest wish is to collect rare items (normally not a collector) throuhout the different worlds including the ancient ruins (normally not a traveller and haven't even used the new vacation themed pack) to start a little shop full of all the curiosities she will have gathered throughout her life (haven't used the GTW content for ages). So far, it has been really fun.

Meet Lilly Oldwin:

She lives in a crappy apartment, because she uses all her money for traveling and whenever she is home, she talks to herself because she never stays anywhere long enough to make friends.

She is indeed a scientist, but she leaves town for multiple days whenever she has ONE day off from work. She is mostly there to invent potions to help her on her journey.
Lab Assistant
#1824 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 12:22 PM
Normally, I nurture my toddlers to the point that my Sims give new meaning to the term 'helicopter parent', but I thought I'd change it up this time and try day care. It seems to be working fairly well - better than the nanny, anyway. She's been returning to the house with all her needs in the green (but not full-green), and picked up some logic skills as well. She's definitely behind in her skills - I'm not going to be able to get her to '5's before she ages up unless I turn off aging - but she'll at least have '3's. I gave her the 'independent' trait, so that might be helping as well.

The weird thing is that the kid simply disapears from wherever she was when you sent her to day care, and during the day, you occasionally hear her babbling. When she comes home (when the first parent gets off work), she reappears wherever she was.

Also, something I've noticed since the last patch (when they toned down the 'check toddler' interaction) - normally, when you click on an object and tell your parent Sim to do something for the child (click on the bathtub to give a bath, or the bed to read the child to go to sleep), the parent asks the child if she wants a bath (sometimes with 'no' as an answer - the kid still gets the bath and the parent gets a 'defiant toddler' tense moodlet). Now, they just scoop up the toddler and deposit her in the bath.
Scholar
#1825 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 9:44 PM
Okay so I'll post this under a spoiler because it'll have quite a few pics.

This is my (self sim duh) son Padraig (Paw-drig)

Page 73 of 104