Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 12:13 AM
Need Screenshots of Tech Center Flats
I uninstalled AL because of secuROM lag, but I need some screenshots of Tech Center Flats' interior for build inspiration. Would anyone be willing to take some screenshots of each floor for me? It would be much appreciated!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:24 PM
May I just gently "bump" this thread? Unfortunately I can't help because I don't have Apartment Life, but I know people here have helped me out in similar situations. Maybe someone who does have AL can help Fluffy Puff.

Alternatively I think I've heard of a site where you can download Maxis lots, but I've no idea where it is.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Alternatively I think I've heard of a site where you can download Maxis lots, but I've no idea where it is.

That would be this one: https://ts2lots.tumblr.com/post/120...belladonna-cove

I don't know what will happen if one attempts to install the lots without Apartment Life as they are already zoned apartments.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
I don't know what will happen if one attempts to install the lots without Apartment Life as they are already zoned apartments.

They won't work. If a lot was made with a certain game engine (AL in this case), if you don't have AL installed, they won't load. SPs are unaffected but EPs definitely are - it's why, if you upload lots here, you have to state the EPs used.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Mar 2018 at 10:42 PM
Lots built with AL and/or M&G need that/those EPs, or they'll cause crashes or other problems, or simply won't work properly. M&G is considered a mini-EP, not a regular SP. The AL/M&G game engine changed a lot of things.

Installing apartments without AL won't work, just like trying to install beach lots without BV won't work, or like any other zoned lot that comes with an EP needs that EP to work. You may be able to install some pre-AL lots with the Clean Installer in a game even when lacking an EP it requires, but post-AL it will only result in problems.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:02 PM
Plopped it in game and took screenies for you.

Let me know if you need more pictures, maybe these aren't showing enough.
I will leave the building in place, it is in my test 'Hood anyway, and won't hurt any sims...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:30 PM
I forgot how ugly that building is by default. I have a modified version of it with different siding.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:03 AM
Uninstalling AL will not help with sucuROM. You need to use the removal tool.

I have no idea what the Tech Center Flats is.

You cannot install lots zonned apartment lots with AL, in fact you can't even install a regular lot made on AL without also having AL.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 12:59 AM
Thanks Rosebine! I think that's just what OP was after. I clearly didn't read his/her post properly, or I would have realised my idea of downloading the lot to look at it wouldn't work. Somehow I thought that OP had only removed the lot or its neighbourhood. Enki's link to the TS2 Lots site might be useful to me though! Thanks.

Personally SecuROM has never bothered me. Occasionally I get a message to say I'm using the wrong disc, which I believe is SecuROM's doing, but I just try again and it works.

@Fluffy Puff : Just tagging you to let you know that Rosebine has kindly uploaded the screenshots you were asking for.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:07 AM
I'm pretty sure tagging doesn't work if there's a space in the username.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 1:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I have no idea what the Tech Center Flats is.
You cannot install lots zonned apartment lots with AL, in fact you can't even install a regular lot made on AL without also having AL.

I had no idea either, but it is in the house and lots bin, so I found it by its name.
By the way, Fluffy wanted pictures of it for inspiration, probably to build something similar. Never was it for having an apartment in a non-AL set up, unless I read wrong.

Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I'm pretty sure tagging doesn't work if there's a space in the username.

But this is how the name is written, this is not a added space to a member's name without one, so maybe it will indeed work.
And thank you @AndrewGloria

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:03 AM
Names with spaces should work, Stuart fixed that issue about 9 months or so ago. Names with special characters like * won't hail.

Rosebine, I wasn't sure what the OP was doing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#13 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
I forgot how ugly that building is by default. I have a modified version of it with different siding.

I thought the same thing. I rebuilt mine on a narrower lot so there's not all the wasted space, changed the exterior to white stucco, added a bunch of windows, and put it next to the water in Bluewater for some lovely beachfront condos.

The original looks like a prison from the outside.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 6:46 PM
I think the original building looks pretty good if you put it in Strangetown. Fits perfectly.

A bit too brutalist for anywhere else though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 1:32 AM
@Rosebine Oh my gosh, thank you so much! These are perfect! I'm so sorry for the late reply.