Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:35 AM Last edited by CmarNYC : 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:16 PM.
Default 2014-10-01 Patch - Version 1.0.732.20: 'Ghost' patch changes and problems
The one change I've identified so far with the Oct. 1 TS4 patch is a new version of the CASP files with these changes:

Version 0x1B (27)
A new field added just before the TGI count and list. In the CASPs I've looked at, the value is the same as the BodyType (Top, Bottom, Hair, etc.)
In the LOD descriptor section, the lods are now sequenced lod0, lod1, lod2, lod3. In the old format it was lod1, lod2, lod3, lod0. This should have no practical impact since each lod descriptor has an internal level number.

GEOM meshes are still the same version and the replaced meshes probably have to do with EA's tweaking of some hat and hair meshes: "Some hair and hat combinations created bad geometry along the Sims scalp, we have adjusted the geometry to correct the issue" - The Sims 4 Patch Notes

All my CAS part CC still works fine with the patch.

If anyone is having trouble IN THE GAME or in CAS, would you please report it? Tools will have to be updated, so that's to be expected.

And please be aware this is preliminary and may be incomplete!

Edit to add: While s4pe has no trouble reading the new format CASPs, if you make any changes to one using the Grid button it will be saved with the new version number but the old format. Interestingly, when I tested a package with this situation it worked fine in CAS, indicating that the game may not (yet) be using the added field.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:16 PM
So you don't think there's a problem with existing CC pointing to the old CASP files?

Because Shimrod had this to say in the Color Magic thread.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
In my opinion all CC mods which include CASP files need to be remade to work with the game after this update, because of the alteration to all of the CASP files.

I played with the patch and CC yesterday, and didn't notice anything unusual. I suppose I'll leave the CC in my game unless someone advises against it, though with tweaks and scripts I'll wait for confirmation from the authors before re-enabling.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:53 PM
This of course is just my opinion, admittedly without complete information since my crystal ball is on vacation.

The changes to the CASPs appear to be minor and the game so far is backwards-compatible: it reads and uses the old format. For now I see no problem with continuing to use existing clothing/hair/accessories.

That said, it's always possible the additional CASP field has some function we don't know about yet, or that EA added it for future functionality. It's possible the old format will become unusable with a future patch. It's possible old-format CC could bork a game at that time, although it seems no more likely than the possibility that removing CC a sim is wearing could bork a game.

I can't test since my game is already patched, but most likely new format CASPs won't work in unpatched games.

It would be fairly trivial to make a tool to convert CASPs to the new format, or to add that function to existing tools.

In the meantime, each creator will have to decide if they want to work with the old format or go with the new format when tools are updated.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 8:57 PM
@CmarNYC -- don’t know how often you check the EA forums, TPTB have answered:

Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruModSquad
I believe you are referring to resource type 0x034AEECB change from version 26 to 27.

Version 26 of the resource is still handled by the code, so existing items do not need to be updated. We do not have plans to discontinue support for 26 at this time.

This change allows a CASP to specify that it uses the normal uv map space of another CAS part. So for example a helmet can use the space of hair because the hair has a higher resolution map and cannot be seen when the helmet is present. Only a select number of parts actually make use of this new feature.

Full quote because I think one still needs to be logged in to view those forums.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 9:21 PM
Thanks, pbox. Possibly it's a layering order like we had in TS3.

Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 6:04 PM
How do i get the Ghosts patch for sims, i have been online to Origin but no luck
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marxuquera
How do i get the Ghosts patch for sims, i have been online to Origin but no luck

Did you check for updates to Sims 4 on Origin? If it says there's no update the patch may already be installed.

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 12th Oct 2014 at 10:11 PM
i have a very stupid and slow internet and the game isn't updating anything for that reason since whenever i go online and try to update the game some kind of error happens while downloading i wish there was an offline patch like sims 2 and 3 at least i can download it via internet download manager im so jealous of people playing ghost sims and i cant T-T you know EA should at least provide a link via origin for downloading it manually for people with slow connection they think of low end pc users but not people with crappy internet service !