Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2015 at 12:40 PM
Default Adding a new GEOM part?
Hey! I'm converting Servo from TS2, and I've discovered that certain outfits (like the spacesuit) work the same way bodies in TS2 do - they're everything, feet and all. Problem is, unlike most other full body meshes, they only have one GEOM part per LOD, and I need to have two per LOD, so I can apply a different shader to Servo's belly orb. I'm using CASTools and I don't see any options to add new GEOM parts (like we had in the Unitool for TS3), and I'm not even sure if it's possible at this point. I suppose it could be added manually in s4pe, but how do I link it to a specific LOD / the textures? If anyone could point me in the right direction, that'd be great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th May 2015 at 7:38 PM
In the CASP there's a list of the lods with the meshes for each, and you could add a mesh for each lod there. You'd also have to add them to the RegionMap (Unknown type in s4pe) as a new group, but I'm not sure what you use for the flags.

You might be better off cloning a two-meshpart full body outfit and editing the ExcludePartFlags to exclude the feet, head, and whatever parts would interfere.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2015 at 11:19 PM
I was wondering how they achieved the shoe exclusion. I had no idea it was as simple as a flag in the CASP, let alone that there were other parts we could exclude. That's really great, thanks Cmar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
If this succeeds, then we will have driven a stake through the metaphorical heart of pudding.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Now also on Tumblr !