Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Feb 2017 at 6:20 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 18th Feb 2017 at 8:19 PM.
Default About making all lods
I am making some booties child-size. The first lod is done, and I am wondering if it is better to edit each lods as i did the first one, or if I can do like for TS3 and use some ms3d tools to lower them?
So I decided to edit all lods by hand.
trying the method for sims 3, did not quite works.
I am happy though, I made my very first adult to child conversion, and that was easy!
If there is a way to lower a lod, else than having to do what I have done though, I'd be happy to know also.
Screenshots

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:18 PM
Using the tool to reduce faces should work the same as in TS3. What was the problem you had?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2017 at 9:34 PM
Well, I followed this . I used to follow these steps when creating for sims3. making my first lod, then using these steps to make the other 2 lods.

So i tried that. (followed from step 3 to step 11)
When importing back to CASTools, it gave me error. So i decided to do it by hand instead.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 20th Feb 2017 at 7:22 PM
How did you import back in CAS Tools? If you tried to import it as an ms3d into a package mesh, that won't work because reducing polys makes it a new mesh instead of a modification. (You lose the vertex numbering that enables CAS Tools to import modifications to an ms3d mesh.) If you used the auto conversion tool to convert it to a TS4 mesh and imported that, it should have worked.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4