Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 3:14 AM
I guess every fan of The Office is obsessed with the show different ways.
And I guess the majority of those who have seen 1-2 episodes is a fan.

And god, I gotta say.. So I readed a few pages of this thread.
Getting so frickin' sick of people who spams the forum with "JIMissooadorableohmygod!Iwasliekcryingwhenheproposedtopamohmygod."

Now, I said it.

The show is great.
Awesome directors, awesome editors, brilliant cast, super characters!

Dunder Mifflin Paper Company - Scranton, for the win.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#152 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 4:39 PM
Best scene of the season- when Dwight started a fire simulation in the office, Angela threw her cat in the ceiling, Jim said, "I am NOT dying here," Michael started swearing like a sailor, complete panic ensued, and Stanley had a heart attack. I loved Michael trying to revive him, too: "Stanley, Obama won! You're black! Wake up!" I've never laughed harder at The Office than I did then. Comic genius.

About the season finale- Holly needs to go already. Michael's plot arc this season has been utterly dull, which actually makes me want Jan back, because at least they were quite humorous together. Dinner party, anyone? That being said, Pam and Jim are havig a baby *squee*! I can't wait... watch Dwight be telling Pam all these nasty pregnancy facts and Jim having to deter him.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Field Researcher
#153 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 7:12 PM
I used to love this show back when it was actually, y'know, about the office with a sprinkle of romance. Now it's just a giant lovefest between a group of people who happen to work together. The cameras are inexplicably more intrusive, the people more emotional and more in-your-face. I guess the writers had to do that to appeal to the masses once the show got insanely popular, but I've been watching since the pilot and I definitely noticed the change.

Don't get me wrong, it's still funny as hell and one of the best comedies on TV. I just think that plot-wise, it's moved away from its original premise. Barely even "The Office" anymore.

I'm glad 30 Rock is still funny!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:09 PM
I've noticed that, too- the more the show progresses, the more the cameras and the characters are out of the office. I wouldn't say that it bothers me, but it's certainly a noticeable difference. The story arc with Pam in NYC and Jim in Scranton was utterly painful- I know that the perfect couple needed a bit of conflict, but couldn't they have stayed in the same place? It was just too much back and forth, and it was one time I really wanted the plot to stay in the office.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#155 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 4:44 PM
Time for some threadcromancy, in honor of the PB&J wedding.

It was PERFECT. I loved Jim cutting off his tie, Andy tearing his scrotum, Pam swerving the car all over the road, Dwight kicking his one-night-stand bridesmaid in the face, Kevin wearing Kleenex-box shoes, Creed chowing down on his noodles nonchalantly while the entire office puked simultaneously, Michael conversing with Pam's grandmother, and especially the big dance number. It was all the better because things didn't go as planned, and everyone's personality was showcased. On a side note, I really want to see Andy and Erin get together- they would be so sweet.

Best quote of the episode: "The boat was actually plan C, the church was plan B, and plan A was marrying her a long, long time ago. Pretty much the day I met her."

Oh, Jim. Why can't there be more of you?

Page 7 of 7