Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Feb 2015 at 4:18 AM
Default -- Editing Mesh Causes Transparency? --
Hi, I was making a change to a hair, moving it/scaling it/rotating it and in Blender, it looks fine, but in The Sims 4 Studio AND in The Sims 4, it looks like some of it gets transparent - when I move the camera, the transparency moves with it, like the texture is one sided.

Below is the best angle/example I can get

Any help would be appreciated!

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:08 AM
"like the texture is one sided" sounds like your normals might point in the wrong direction. Hard to tell from your screenshot, but you can check that in blender.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Feb 2015 at 1:34 AM Last edited by simalary44 : 16th Feb 2015 at 5:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
"like the texture is one sided" sounds like your normals might point in the wrong direction. Hard to tell from your screenshot, but you can check that in blender.

What I mean by one sided, when I rotate the camera, it's like the texture disintegrates

And how to I check that in Blender exactly? - As you know I'm very bad at, everything when it comes to modding, LOL, but really, haha

Simalary Studios

Contact Me
Send me a PM, if you need to contact me for anything.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 9:26 PM
The hair looks reoriented. I don't know much about Blender, but in Zmodeler there is a button to reorient a mesh, making it look inside out. Maybe there might be a similar tool in Blender?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 27th Feb 2015 at 11:29 PM
That sounds like it would be the same thing as inverting the normals, no?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Instructor
#6 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 8:50 PM
Try inverting the mesh - It's definitely inside out. Also check your UV map