Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 3:49 AM
A mysterious dress collar that shouldn't exist
Hi, I'm trying to learn to make custom content for the sims. I'm working on a dress for men, based on Bukovka-ya's twiggy dress (i'm very amateur at all of this, but I can do basic recolours.)

The first file attached shows what it looks like. The thing is, I don't know how to get rid of the collar.
In Blender, there was a layer with the collar on it specifically, which I deleted. I've also removed texture from the .dds file. Yet the collar is still there ;A;

The second file shows what it looks like in Blender, the way it should look, but everytime I export it back to the Sims 4 Editor, the collar is back. I'm so confused, can anyone provide some insight?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:07 AM
Do you know that TS4 clothes have multiple meshes for the different LODs? Looks like perhaps you only edited one of them, and the other ones still have the collar.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
Do you know that TS4 clothes have multiple meshes for the different LODs? Looks like perhaps you only edited one of them, and the other ones still have the collar.

Thanks for replying! Firstly, what's an LOD? And where would I find the other meshes so I can delete them?
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:30 AM
LOD means Level of Detail -- the game uses more or less detailed meshes (for objects too, not just CAS) depending on how far the user zooms in or out, because it improves performance when you don't render everything at full detail when it's far away in the background.

I could only tell you how to export those meshes from TS4CASTools (Mesh Manager tab, export all of them) but you appear to be using something else.

(You don't delete the other meshes .. you'd need to edit them to remove the collar. Otherwise your item would become invisible in game when there is no mesh)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:50 AM
Wow, this is pretty beyond me XD...

I downloaded the TS4 CAS tool thing, and exported the meshes as obj....I have no idea what I'm looking at, to be honest. They were just squares, kind of, and in Blender I couldn't do any editing at all. Unless I should have exported the mesh parts as the other file type. My brain is imploding.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#6 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 4:59 AM
It would probably be simpler if you'd export them as ms3d and edit them in Milkshape -- do you have that? (I don't know what the issue with "just squares" could be because the download link in the post you linked to just leads to an empty page for me .. but exporting as obj tends to make things more complicated than they'd need to be, because that format doesn't retain joint assignments.)

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 5:06 AM
Right so I got Milkshape and exported them as ms3d....this is even scarier than before. I'm sorry, but this is totally beyond me. Thank you for all your help, though, I really appreciate it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#8 Old 14th Oct 2015 at 7:22 AM
"Scary" in what sense now? If you got the meshes exported now, you need to do the exact same thing you already did before .. remove the collar and import back in. Only four times instead of once, because otherwise it won't work in game.