Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:07 PM
Default When Simpe for Seasons comes out...
Whats the first thing you creators are going to do?

I have never really made anything myself outside a few picture recolours but I am hoping to figure out how to recolour/clone the gardening plants such as tomatoes etc. I am bored with the fruit and veg on offer already, I want to make more!!!

What about you lot? What can we look forward to downloading from MTS2?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:01 AM
Unfortunately I'm not a mesher. I wish I had the time to pursue that but unfortunately it would probably mean never actually playing the game again. I just got Seasons today and there are some awesome furniture meshes in it. If I did do meshes I would make completer pieces for the Tiki set. As it is I'll probably settle myself with retexturing some of it. I already have a long, long list of things to do, though.
Scholar
#3 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 6:30 AM
ya i wish i knew what i was doing in the ways of meshing..but there are some really neat things that would look so much better in some new colors that i might do that about all really other than continue trying to make new outerwear recolors and such..its alot harder to find good source pics for outwear than i though arg

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Field Researcher
#4 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 10:34 AM
As soon as Sims PE comes out I will go over all my skins and catogorise all my outwear as outerwear. Can't wait

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
#5 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 11:39 AM
I was hoping to find out wether new plants could be made too
If not recolours,how about whole new veggies that can do extreme tings to your sims when juiced or something <.<
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 12:45 PM
You don't need an updated SimPE to categorize as outerwear, macthekat. You can do that with the current version.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:35 PM
Oh I can, great! Is it a new number string I need to put in?

For new or updated skins, please visit my website: Pink Rabbit
#8 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
You don't need an updated SimPE to categorize as outerwear, macthekat. You can do that with the current version.

Can't it damage your game if you open the pets SimPE with Seasons installed?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#9 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:15 PM
MagicBeans, just stay away from using the Neighbourhood or Character editors. You can still make and recolour objects ok.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#10 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:18 PM
Bin my hairs. Noob, I know, but I can't stand not to have hairs in the right bin!
And no, I can't do it with the current version
Inventor
#11 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 4:19 PM

You don't even need SimPe, just use Bodyshop.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sizza
Bin my hairs. Noob, I know, but I can't stand not to have hairs in the right bin!
And no, I can't do it with the current version
O_o I've done it like three days ago... I have Seasons and the Colour binning tool and it worked OK...
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#13 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 5:27 PM
Axe Gaijin, yes, you can do it with Body Shop but that both degrades the quality of the textures and will create a duplicate outfit. I find it better to just change the existing one and avoid yucky textures and having to delete an extra outfit.

macthekat, there's info on categorizing as outerwear here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223114

Sizza, you definitely can use the current SimPE for binning hair. Done it myself, as Frenchie said above, though I did it manually, without the color-binning tool. Old skool, yo.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#14 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 9:20 PM
Sizza, you definitely can use the current SimPE for binning hair. Done it myself, as Frenchie said above, though I did it manually, without the color-binning tool. Old skool, yo.

There is a color-binning tool? Where did I miss this? Oh yea never being able to get online to find out the lastest in simpe... --ladyjandree
Instructor
#15 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 3:40 AM
There's at least two, probably more sims I need to extract from various 'hoods. And color-bin hair and categorize clothes because I uninstalled SimPE and don't see the need to redownload it until it's updated. It's not that urgent...

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:03 AM
I'm more anxious waiting for DJSims to come out with the Seasons updater so I can update all my fridges to hold leftovers.
Instructor
#17 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:10 AM
I'm going to undertake my first recoloring job, recoloring the Build A Curtain set with some wooden valances and floral recolors. I'll really be testing my abilities with that. :meh:
Test Subject
#18 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 4:17 AM
Do the Sim PE portions of Jade's tutorial!
Instructor
#19 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 7:09 PM
To be added to my previous responses:

a) See if I can actually recolor something for once.

b) REMOVE SIMS' MEMORIES OF THE OTTOMAS FAMILY AND DELETE THE ****ERS. D< Samantha glitched AGAIN, this time in the middle of giving birth, and this time I had to quit the game the hard way! :smash:

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Forum Resident
#20 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by The_French_Sim
O_o I've done it like three days ago... I have Seasons and the Colour binning tool and it worked OK...

Lucky, mine doesn't. Something about NET. Framework
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 9:53 PM
i deleted the ottomans as soon as i could and that went for the greenmans aswell!
Forum Resident
#22 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithlove13xxx
how is that lucky??

Because their colour-binning works and not mine....

Anyway, does anybody know when it might be relashed?
#23 Old 28th Apr 2007 at 7:36 PM
Sizza,who knows when itll be released? Its already been nearly 2months...