Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:27 PM
Default SimPE and it's image sizes
So I was trying to export some textures for my conversion to the sims 3, as I noticed something.

As you can see in SimPE it says the size is '256x256' but when I export it, there is only a 64x64 texture size, which is usually the size of a thumbnail in the sims 3. I'm not sure if the sims 2 resizes the texture that's 64x64 to 256x256 in-game, but something tells me there is something missing here.

Is there a way to either recover the actual 256x256 size or is this just how the game copes with it's textures?
Advertisement
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:18 PM
Check the lifo's - one of those should be 256x256.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
Check the lifo's - one of those should be 256x256.

The lifo's in the pictures are just some shadow map looking ones. But I did found the LIFO files in Object07. Though, are these like data files or can't SimPE read them? I downloaded the DDS plugin that was needed. Is there a way to export them as a image file?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 3:58 PM
As long as you're on the LIFO resource, you should be able to just click "export" - if you're not using SimPE to do anything but extract textures/meshes/etc I'm not sure the Nvidia plug-in is even needed.

Btw, the textures you want are in Objects8, not Objects7.
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mustluvcatz
As long as you're on the LIFO resource, you should be able to just click "export" - if you're not using SimPE to do anything but extract textures/meshes/etc I'm not sure the Nvidia plug-in is even needed.

Btw, the textures you want are in Objects8, not Objects7.

Got it! Apparently I didn't see the export function because SimPE hid the Plugin viewer, so I had to open that window again. Thanks! That was the file I needed! ^-^
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Oct 2016 at 4:07 AM
Someone please help--.SimPe won't show a plug-in view of any objects I have made several items for my game but since it won't show in the plug-in view, it won't show up in my game. I never had any problems before when I was meshing for SapphireSims2. But I stopped meshing for several years and lost the SimPE that I had So if anyone knows how to get my SimPE plug-in window to show my objects, I would be forever grateful!!! Peggy