Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#26 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:15 AM
What is it you need to change about the septum?
I do think you should lower the nostrils a bit.

What I mean is that her lower lip is not an extension of the chin, but sort of folds down over it, so there's an upwards dip under her lower lip edge. Making sense? I'll see if I can do a show-and-tell, just a minute...
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 8:31 AM
Ehm, does this illustrate in a meaningful way?
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 8th Aug 2015 at 9:38 AM Last edited by blakegriplingph : 8th Aug 2015 at 10:36 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
What is it you need to change about the septum?
I do think you should lower the nostrils a bit.

What I mean is that her lower lip is not an extension of the chin, but sort of folds down over it, so there's an upwards dip under her lower lip edge. Making sense? I'll see if I can do a show-and-tell, just a minute...

For starters, Peggy's septum appears to be flat, as what the outlined comparison pic shows, and in this pic:

EDIT: Hmm, I couldn't seem to precisely tweak the folds to match that of IRL Peggy, and that's in spite of MasterController and some slider hacks I used. I could get away with remaking the two girls in TS4, but that wouldn't cut it as I already am far out with this.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#29 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 3:41 PM
Have you tried adjusting the chin underlip depth (in the chin section)? That, with a combination of the mouth depth, might get rid of the "fold" or at least lessen it some.

While it's a good idea to look at multiple references of your model, for comparison pics, it's best to choose the best/most neutral forward one (or neutral side for profiles). Faces look different from different angles and lights and if you keep changing out your reference picture, you'll never be "done".

Last, if you shift and click on the slider bar in CAS, you'll get a popup with a number (or should if you use MC, I don't know if it works pure vanilla). Not everyone knows that so I figure I'd point it out since I use it a lot!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 10th Aug 2015 at 4:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
Have you tried adjusting the chin underlip depth (in the chin section)? That, with a combination of the mouth depth, might get rid of the "fold" or at least lessen it some.

While it's a good idea to look at multiple references of your model, for comparison pics, it's best to choose the best/most neutral forward one (or neutral side for profiles). Faces look different from different angles and lights and if you keep changing out your reference picture, you'll never be "done".

Last, if you shift and click on the slider bar in CAS, you'll get a popup with a number (or should if you use MC, I don't know if it works pure vanilla). Not everyone knows that so I figure I'd point it out since I use it a lot!

It did lessen the fold, albeit at the cost of making the chin profile look flatter:

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 8:26 AM
Again sorry for the sudden bump, but I decided to do a bit of a run with Maryellen as her doll will be released in a day or two:
Test Subject
#32 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by blakegriplingph
Again sorry for the sudden bump, but I decided to do a bit of a run with Maryellen as her doll will be released in a day or two:

If you're still looking for help, it might be useful to take a look at this tutorial so people have better shots to look at so they can help. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432920
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#33 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by devaskyla
If you're still looking for help, it might be useful to take a look at this tutorial so people have better shots to look at so they can help. http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=432920

Alright, noted, though even with the sliders in place I still am having a hard time adjusting that nose.
Page 2 of 2