Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 7:23 AM
Mine looks just like that, but I have an Intel card. I really, really, really want these graphics. Somehow, my old computer had these graphics, despite me never editing anything other then turning reflections on.
Advertisement
Theorist
Original Poster
#77 Old 2nd Oct 2016 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tictachoe
Will this tutorial work with an Intel Core i3?
That's your processor. What you should be looking for is your graphics card, here's a way.
Quote: Originally posted by ebflover777
Somehow, my old computer had these graphics (...)
Newer, unfortunately, does not necessarily mean better. But you might have a dedicated graphics installed, and Windows may not be using it when it should. Try seeing if this tutorial does you any good, and try certain leefish tutorials. I can't currently link you to those tutorials, but a quick google on "leefish two graphics cards" or something among those lines will probably do.
Test Subject
#78 Old 7th Nov 2016 at 12:28 AM
it said access denied
Test Subject
#79 Old 4th Nov 2017 at 11:30 PM
Bother, I do wish I had read the warnings first. At least I saved a copy of the file as advised. Sigh. I have a built in Intel chip, so I shouldn't have changed my settings.
I have Sims 3 as well as Sims 2 and 4. My old Vista Acer notebook had a separate graphics chip, but too little RAM and too small a hard drive to run anything more than the base game and two service packs. And then it constantly got error code 12. Like an idiot I replaced the machine carelessly and ended up with a motherboard with built in graphics chip. I always play Sims 3 with low res, but I blew the graphics chip on the new machine in 11 months, and needed a new motherboard. I'd like to think I could get away with Sims 2 improved graphics as the new Acer Aspire V laptop dates from 2015, and it's obviously got a better graphics chip than might have been the case in 2012. BUT. I really hated having to lose everything when the Motherboard was replaced and I had to spend hours reinstalling games, printers, updating drivers, finding new DVD playing software etc, so I guess it's back to pretend water and disappearing houses every time I place an item of furniture. I think I'll stick to Sims 3 until the NEXT time I buy a new laptop. No room for a desk top in my flat.
Test Subject
#80 Old 4th Apr 2019 at 7:13 AM
thank you! I'm so glad to have the game bak to normal
Test Subject
#81 Old 20th Jul 2019 at 11:25 PM
I still use this post. every time when i download my sims2.... thank you so much..
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 1:36 PM
You're my hero <3
Test Subject
#83 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 9:56 PM
Default I need help-
for some odd reason i cant find 'Graphics Rules.sgr', or im dumb
Mad Poster
#84 Old 15th Feb 2020 at 11:44 PM
Do you have the UC? The file path should be something like this:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Config
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\CSConfig

Otherwise:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\Config\
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims 2 - <your most current expansion pack>\TSData\Res\CSConfig\

Config is for the game, CSConfig is for Bodyshop (and possibly Homecrafter?)
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 4:03 PM
All this warning against integrated graphics cards is scaring me... I have an HP Envy Notebook, with an Intel HD Graphics 620 card. I saw another post here https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=591930 saying it's generally ok to play on modern integrated cards now, and I've had no issues with TS2, 3, and 4. I'm still trying to figure out the right config file to edit, but does anyone have an idea if this card would be suitable for this edit? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 10:40 PM
The tips in this thread helped me get rid of the low texture water and grass. I replaced it with Cricket's custom neighborhood textures, which improved the grass nicely, but my water was still blue for a long time. It took a re-install to get the reflective water working.
Mad Poster
#87 Old 2nd Mar 2023 at 10:49 PM
I did fix that issue though I had to use Notepad++ to make the edits stick in the SGR file I'd copied to another location for working with.I also made a backup of the original one.
Test Subject
#88 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 5:58 AM
No matter what says access denied even tried saving it in another location and somehow always makes the icon on it look like its notepad even though said file types aren't made defaulted by it at launch :/ my computer in intel 12 and im just like what else can we do really
Mad Poster
#89 Old 8th Dec 2023 at 6:41 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 8th Dec 2023 at 6:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sappire123321
No matter what says access denied even tried saving it in another location and somehow always makes the icon on it look like its notepad even though said file types aren't made defaulted by it at launch :/ my computer in intel 12 and im just like what else can we do really

Did you try copying the GraphicRules file to the desktop, editing it there, then copy/paste (or move) it back to the original location? As long as you've got admin rights on the computer (main or only user) you should get a prompt asking for a yes/no admin permission when doing this.

---

Don't worry about the icon, it only reflects the program set to open the file type by default (if the file type doesn't have a set icon when you open the file in Notepad first time, that file type will get a notepad icon - sometimes you get a "set as default?" prompt, other times not), and it usually doesn't indicate there's anything wrong with the file.

If you for whatever reason want to set a different program to open a file, you can right-click the file, choose "open in...", and find a program that will work (should be a "use as default?" prompt, too). The icon will change to reflect the program chosen (make sure to choose one that works for the filetype, and is the proper format for the filetype - don't try to set Package files to be opened with TS2, or simple-format text files in Word, or previewing JPGs in photoshop. It either throws errors, won't work properly, or gets annoying really fast).
Page 4 of 4