Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#76 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:03 AM
I figure in 50's DV, all the men have PTSD from the War and degrees from the G.I. Bill, while all the women have lots of mechanical points from working in the factories back then. Edward's PTSD from his time in a submarine is probably the reason the Contraries are such a mess.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
The creators of OUAT were the creators of Lost, and they've confirmed that she calls her car Herbie as well
years ago gotten the DVD format of first 4 seasons. recently re-watched those discs. only on-screen mention of her car in dialog was in 15th episode of 1st season; she called it her Bug.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 9:19 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 18th Aug 2018 at 9:34 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
A neighborhood that has two business district which are exact parallels to the main hood but one of them representing a different era (past and future). The Main hood would be in-between timeline; present.

And with that, you could make a storyline fiction novel of some sim by under sci-fi circumstances or I-woke-up-in-a-different-reality cliche where (s)he happens to appear in the past, maybe even meet his younger self or ancestors. Although, you might need a mod that prevents townies of different hoods crossing the towns so immersion won't break.

Or a dystopia one that everyone is mean to each other, having a Horrible date is something to brag and they're aspiration meter plummets casually everyday so a mental break down is a standard norm there, having the worst date, which in another sub-hood it's the whole opposite - everyone is enlighted (platinum) and everyone is friends with each other.

Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
While we're at it with the recreations... I'd love a recreation of San Myshuno

Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i'd love to see a fully converted sunset valley

Kind of like this?
I had an ambition to recreate it :D

Quote: Originally posted by LovelyRita13
I've always wanted to make a neighborhood full of paranormals, with a custom Uni just for them. Coffins in dorm rooms for the vampires, HUGE cafeterias for the werewolves. But I'd have to make it with all custom townies/dormies, or else game-generated human dormies would claim the dorm rooms with coffins. And how would vampires get to class without burning up in the sun? (Put a dorm exit for them on the very edge of the lot?)

Maybe just move the pedestrial portal inside the dorm or a dedicated room that looks like a teleporter pod. Also, move(objects on) in the mail box indoors so they can pay the bills without worrying for the sun. Include a normal bed along with the coffins (I think vampires wouldn't mind and would love a normal bed, because they can't lay down and rest in a bed).

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 4:51 PM
I would love to work in a Sunset Valley TS2 version neighborhood, like people did with Pleasantview in TS3. But I sadly don't have enough tools/knowledge to do that.

EDIT: I just noticed someone already said this, but I'm just keeping the message 'cuz why not. :D
Field Researcher
#80 Old 25th Aug 2018 at 6:59 PM Last edited by Prah : 25th Aug 2018 at 6:59 PM. Reason: Spelling error
Quote: Originally posted by Matotty
I would love to work in a Sunset Valley TS2 version neighborhood, like people did with Pleasantview in TS3. But I sadly don't have enough tools/knowledge to do that.

EDIT: I just noticed someone already said this, but I'm just keeping the message 'cuz why not. :D

This is available here .
Test Subject
#81 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 12:19 PM
I'd love to build an abandoned, creepy neighborhood with all the buildings overgrown with moss and ivy and crudely drawn graffiti everywhere.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 8:23 PM
My favorite hood is one that i started as if it were the 1920s. The hood is currently in 1978, but after a downloads/computer move I stopped focusing on era specific cc. But it was great seeing all the different changes up until the 60s.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#83 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 9:06 AM Last edited by didyouevenmakeasound : 31st Aug 2018 at 9:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by deadhead_kay
My favorite hood is one that i started as if it were the 1920s. The hood is currently in 1978, but after a downloads/computer move I stopped focusing on era specific cc. But it was great seeing all the different changes up until the 60s.

Ooh, that's cool! Like, start in the 1920s and every generation or two, move up a decade?

...You could make a challenge out of that. If there isn't already a challenge like that, I mean.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Theorist
#84 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 1:48 PM
I'm a huge History buff. I wish we could buy Sims games based on historical time periods with 100% accurate game play based on those times.
I feel like the historical items are people make are terrific and I know there is a huge fan base dedicated to The Sims Medieval (not my favorite time period). Is that just a variation on "the same game play?"

For example, we need something Victorian where you can get a job as a scullery maid or house boy or gardener's boy and move up. Instead of phoning, a Sim visits another during "calling hours" and leaves his or her card. Authentic...

The Edwardian Time period and the 20s-40s are my favorite eras

Someone needs to make that with all the elements of Sims and I'd be on board.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Mad Poster
#85 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:37 PM
I like that idea.

I can't figure out Sims Medieval. I THINK it's more of a questing game than a regular sims one. I'd love it if it were regular.
As it stands, I can't get out of the first room.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#86 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 5:50 PM
I started my current Beginning of Pleasantview hood in the 1920s.

I was a bit arbitrary on when I advanced the decades, young adult Ms. Crumblebottom was still dressed as a flapper girl and Michael Bachelor, Coral Oldie and such were dressed in late 50s/early60s fashion as teenagers. After that it kind of skipped ahead to "early 2000s" because I couldn't be bothered to find CC for the late 1960s-1990s

Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I can't figure out Sims Medieval. I THINK it's more of a questing game than a regular sims one. I'd love it if it were regular.
As it stands, I can't get out of the first room.

Sims Medieval was really Sims in name only. You can't even control your Sim's spouse and children (your spouse won't even sleep in your house a lot of the time) there's no aging, you can't build houses and the furnishing options are very limited...

If it had been a proper Sims game, a proper Medieval life simulation, I'm sure it would have been hugely successful.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Inventor
#87 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
If it had been a proper Sims game, a proper Medieval life simulation, I'm sure it would have been hugely successful.

I tried it once at a friend's house. I can't remember much about it other than wondering what kind of strange kingdom I was ruling that I had to become enemies and constantly beat up my fiancé before I could ask their hand in marriage. It was good for laughs but I was also hoping for some long-term replayability. You'd think EA would've realized the market considering Skyrim and Elder Scrolls, but it's EA, so pfft.

I wanted to make a hood based on A:TLA, but I hit a wall when it came to CAS items. Now that I think about it, that's usually my problem when it comes to wanting to make themed hoods... It took me years to set up my medieval and fantasy hoods because I was searching for apparel with horrendous work hours and ISP. I also created a Pokémon region-inspired hood, though it feels a bit off every now and then since there aren't actual Pokémon running around...
Page 4 of 4