Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2018 at 9:32 PM
Default Tool for changing object "weight"/"size"/placement properties for shelves.
I seem to remember a tool that could help change object "weight/size" or placement properties in regards to how many can be placed on shelves, and which shelves/tables objects could be placed on, but I can't find it now.

I know how to do it in the OBJD, but I was curious to see if the tool could also change BHAVs, because I have a lot of old objects I'd like to fix (cloned from the fruit bowl and a few vases that apparently hate shelves) and they don't get fixed by changing the OBJD alone, and I'm not too steady in editing BHAVs.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 12:47 PM
Might be what I was thinking about, but unfortunately it won't help, as changing the OBJD manually doesn't seem to work for the objects I'm having problems with. I think they lack a BHAV line.

I did find this: http://www2.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=82685 - but I'm not sure which lines have to be there for being able to place items on deco slots (the kind that can only hold the 0x2 objects). The ones I have are mostly cloned from the fruit bowl, possibly the china vase and the blue vase with red flowers - and I'm guessing in a pre-OFB or pre-AL game. Suza/Homesims items tend to have this issue, and several of my old deco items.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 10:42 PM
Looks like it deals with the same problem. Changing the OBJD doesn't work on these items, but I had some luck with a few objects where I basically just copy/pasta'd the Init (I think?) BHAVs from an object I knew worked. It's a lot of job, though, and I don't want to break anything...

I really just wanted to know if the batch fix (if that's the one - I had the feeling it was a separate program, but I might be wrong) changed the OBJD, or if it also did something to the BHAVs.

I've tried the mod, but it bugs me that some of the bigger objects pop onto shelves all the time.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:25 AM
I haven't had this in my game in a long time so I'm not sure it will do what you want but you could try this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 12:52 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th Jun 2018 at 11:43 AM.
I've seen it, but I'm trying to eliminate the need for an extra object to place (I already have OMSPs for that). Mostly I just want to fix some old objects with that weird non-functioning setting in the OBJD, and the main problem is that they can't be placed on certain deco slots even with the weight/size set as 0x2 in the 4F line.

The download does mention something about not being set as decorative, though. I've only checked a few, but objects that do work usally have a line in the init BHAV that mentions "decorative" in them, and the same line seems to be missing in those that don't work. Thought I'd check if this setting does a difference ingame. I'm by no means a BHAV expert (I'm still very much on the trial/failure and "tutorial says so, but can I please not have to do this?" stage of BHAV editing)

Update: I think that line in the BHAV fixed things. Also, I have a lot of deco objects that for some reason act as if they've got the 0x2 setting, while having the 0x0 setting in the OBJD (cloned from a small object because it's so much easier to work with than the headache-inducing multi-tile deco items). Could be those need a removal of the same BHAV line.

EDIT: Could it work to extract an Init from a working object and replace it in the one I want to fix? It would save me a lot of work...