Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Jan 2015 at 7:58 AM Last edited by pepoluan : 4th Jan 2015 at 7:47 AM.
Default Fixing other creator's creation
Hello, people!

I had came upon Shelving by PMA Housing Options - P2 when I was hunting for a smaller footprint display case for my sim's extensive collection.

The shelves, sadly, was never rigfixed by the creator. It was an easy task for me, and some testing in-game confirmed that the shelves work properly after being rigfixed.

I have uploaded the rigfixed .package files to the discussion thread for the creation, and had informed @Morphead the creator of what I've done, so he can replace his files with the fixed ones.

However, I still haven't heard from him. He's not MIA, though, because according to his profile page: Last Activity: 12th Dec 2014 1:59 AM. Well, not yet MIA :D

I do think that not uploading a RigFixed version of his furniture is a disservice for the greater Sims 3 community. Especially since there have been people clamoring for a fixed version.

What do you think I should do?

(Note: My PM to @Morphead was sent on 30th Dec, so I think he hasn't seen my message yet)

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 5:41 PM
Bear in mind that I'm just speculating, you better get confirmation from a moderator
or a staff member about it. What if you upload only the resource[s] you have changed
(the RSLT?) in a package specifying that it goes into the Overrides subfolder of Mods,
so it will override the resources of the "official" mod/cc without violating (in theory) the
original author's policy. I know it's not the ideal solution (and it's not very handy for the
users of the mod) but better than nothing.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 6:20 PM
Arsil's suggestion is definitely an option.

And in terms of uploading the whole object, I haven't checked Morphead's policies, but these are our rules on uploading fixes of other people's stuff:
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...es_of_Creations
Quote:
If a custom item is broken in some way by a patch or update, then someone else can come along and update it, and share the updated version here at MTS.

This is subject to certain conditions (ALL of these must be true, not just one/some):
  • The original creator must have been inactive for a period of at least 1 month, and has not stated when they will be returning (for vacation or personal reasons, etc.) This period of 1 month is counted from the last date the original creator logged on to MTS.
  • The original creator cannot have posted policies specifically forbidding updating or editing their mods. If they have no stated policy regarding updating, it's okay.
  • The original creator hasn't said on the upload or in their journal that they are working on an update.
  • Updates to items can be simple bugfixes or updates to work with the new patch(es)/expansion(s), or they can also include new features.
  • When sharing the update here, the updater must link and credit the original creator by name prominently in their upload, and make it clear that it is an update, not an original item of their own making. Just saying "based on (link)" is not enough.

Staff will edit the original, non-updated upload to add a prominent message on the top of the main description to link to the new, updated version of the mod so that people will know where to get an updated version.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Jan 2015 at 8:41 PM
Dearn Nysha,
Can I ask you something?

Morphead's policy states "Ask me first before modifying/using." and I interpret that as a
"You can't fix/update my mod without my permission". But now re-reading the rules that
you just quoted I see:

"The original creator cannot have posted policies specifically forbidding updating or editing
their mods. If they have no stated policy regarding updating, it's okay."

and I'm a bit confused.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 7:28 PM Last edited by pepoluan : 9th Jan 2015 at 7:40 PM.
I have asked... and he didn't write I should wait for an answer :P

But seriously: I'll try contacting him again, both via PM here and via other channels (he left links to his Facebook account and his Twitter account on his profile). I'll update this thread with any results, or lack of.

PS: Alternatively, perhaps the mods/admins change @Morphead's description instead? Just to point to the post where I attached the rigfixed version?

Nobody is Perfect. I am Nobody. And I'm trying to make something wonderful for The Sims 3.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Jan 2015 at 1:50 PM
I've finally managed to contact @Morphead , and he'll update his creations with my rigfixed objects.

So, I think this thread can be closed. Thanks everyone for helping!